PDA

View Full Version : First time Mod user

theenglishdude
9th Feb 2007, 22:08
Hi,

I'm thinking of downloading a mod for the first time. I'm interested in the 95th rifles mod, the chasseurs (french dragoon) uniform mod and the royal artillary uniform mod.

Can anyone else recommend (realistic) uniform changes for other nations? Also do mods work with existing save games? and do you need to unzip files before they work?

officerpuppy
10th Feb 2007, 00:28
http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/forums/viewtopic.php?t=697

That will cover the basics.
And yes virtually all the mods will work with save games, in particular sound and uniform ones.

What won't work with a save game are some features of the battlemod, for that you'll have to start a new game.

Lastly, check TAFN for various uniform mods, many include mods for England, France, USA, Papal States, and possibly a few more also.

theenglishdude
13th Feb 2007, 23:19
I get to the blessed moment when I can copy files from my rifles folder.

I finally have winrar. I get to the page, I've made back ups. I've pressed control C then I get to the original file, highlight cazador1 and press control P.

It asks me for a password, I change it to Imperial Glory and still nothing.

anyone recognise my problem?

EDIT: JUST noticed, control P brings up the password. Anyone know why I receive no copy or paste options in the menu?

theenglishdude
16th Feb 2007, 17:51
Is it imperative I delete the old Cazadores before inserting the new ones? I'm not sure how to paste as I can't find the option when I right-click and obviously I'm reluctant to remove the vanilla cazadores before inserting the new ones if I cannot find the paste button and I'm left with a lesser game.

Need Help,

Nab