PDA

View Full Version : Problem Installing

doogs_69
9th Feb 2007, 22:05
Hi Guys, I bought this game recently and when I put the disc in, nothing happens. so I copied the files to my harddrive into a folder on my desktop. When I click setup.exe, autorun.exe etc all i see is a quick command prompt black box open then go away. Can someone please help ?

Chib
14th Feb 2007, 12:02
I have the same problem, when I hit install from the autoplay menu or when I just run setup.exe.

I ran setup.exe again from a command prompt and it actually says "Program too big to fit in memory," I've got 1 GB of RAM, is that not enough?

SagaciousElder
14th Feb 2007, 16:01
I think your DVD reader either doesn't match the spec for the game, or needs updated drivers.

I ran setup.exe again from a command prompt and it actually says "Program too big to fit in memory," I've got 1 GB of RAM, is that not enough?

I don't think that has to do with your RAM. It's a big game, 5.8 GB, check your hard drive to see if you have enough space.

doogs_69
16th Feb 2007, 21:31
Like I said in my first post, I ran it off my desktop so the DVD reader has nothing to do with it. It will not run form the PC itself. Any Ideas?

Should there be anything in the Autorun.inf? Because mine is blank.

SagaciousElder
17th Feb 2007, 00:47
Did you ever try start, run... (the drive it's in):/, browse and try the setup. All I can think of is: you corrupted a file copying it to your desktop, or you have a different auto-start for CD/DVDs. Otherwise, :confused:

doogs_69
18th Feb 2007, 01:05
You must be right about the corrupted file, i copied the files to my harddrive again and this time it worked. YAAAAAAY. Fun game

Chib
18th Feb 2007, 13:01
No such luck for me, I've tried copying it to my computer as well, and yes I do have much more than 5.8 GB free.

I've tried running JCSetup.exe, JustCause.exe and setup.exe directly from on the DVD and from my hard drive, all of them give the same error message as I said above.

doogs_69
18th Feb 2007, 18:04
Ok, When you copy the files to your harddrive, are you double clicking the JCsetup icon in that folder or are you opening it from Command Prompt. Because i know command prompt for me gave me the "Program is too big" error. But when i clicked the setup icon, it fired up without a hitch