PDA

View Full Version : some probs with the, look...

LΞGΞND
9th Feb 2007, 20:06
She looks great, but, there are a little bittá stuff that's bad,
like the fact that shes wearing the LEGEND pants...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Laurence_croft/Tomb%20Raider/Fixes-1.jpg

shirl123
9th Feb 2007, 20:27
the pants - it looks quite similar to the classic pants, more similar then the ones on AOD. also, IMO it fits perfectly with the colors and it's more "accurate" then the shirt (so the blue sweater, which is way off, doesn't disturb you?).

as for the rest, I would be bothered from the game-play and/or the levels, not small things like the holes in her gloves or her arms & belt. just a reminder- CD don't want to make this game 100% like TR1, they changed many things...the outfit changes are just a tiny part of it. ;)

pinkangel07
9th Feb 2007, 21:24
I think the new/younger Lara is beautiful! As far as her outfit is concerned, I won't be paying much attention while fending off a t-rex ;) . You seem to have pulled up a lot of AOD stuff... haha, that was my least favorite of them all... especially when you had to play as Kurtis... ::shudders:: I like how you put a lot of work into making an easy to understand diagram of what you want. Maybe if there is a Lara-Editor, you can use the elements you mentioned to make her outfit the way you like. :)

StarChampagne
9th Feb 2007, 22:33
She looks alright to me. But the outfit in Aod was really really good :)

Johnny
10th Feb 2007, 00:16
CD is just going for the more realistic, practical Lara. And I think she's gorgeous. The only thing I would change are the muscle trenches you mentioned. :)

aussie500
10th Feb 2007, 04:08
Outfit in AOD had nothing to do with the classic outfit, Lara picked it up in a Parisian pawnshop so why waste your time comparing them? Also why compare the model Plastic Wax used in their advertising, which is a much higher poly model than we will see in the game, you should be using the game model for comparisons. Either way the Lara model does not need to be exactly the same as any previous one, CD are updating the original after all. If the Tomb Raider 8 model looks like the Plastic Wax one l will be thrilled

dhama
10th Feb 2007, 04:54
LOL, you really need to get out more... :lol:

LΞGΞND
10th Feb 2007, 16:46
the pants - it looks quite similar to the classic pants, more similar then the ones on AOD. also, IMO it fits perfectly with the colors and it's more "accurate" then the shirt (so the blue sweater, which is way off, doesn't disturb you?).

I never agreed on the latex shirt, but the pants are way off, and one of you mentioned that I seem to be using alota AOD pics, well...

at point num, 10 I said that Core's AOD suit was just a recoloured hi-poly version of the original one...

so for argument sake, Ill post a new one with classic render pics...

LΞGΞND
10th Feb 2007, 17:04
look at this,
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Laurence_croft/Tomb%20Raider/tlrtoaod.jpg

shirl123
10th Feb 2007, 17:41
let's take a look at it in the other way:
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/7237/comparetv3.jpg

you're exaggerating. it's very similar, and who said that it needs to be 100% the same? the AOD outfit isn't 100% the same either. all outfits look great, and that's all that matters.

also:

just a reminder- CD don't want to make this game 100% like TR1, they changed many things...the outfit changes are just a tiny part of it.
you're forgetting that.

LΞGΞND
10th Feb 2007, 18:12
I just made that pic to show ya'll that the AOD costume was basicly the classic, just other colours,

shirl123
10th Feb 2007, 18:33
I just made that pic to show ya'll that the AOD costume was basicly the classic, just other colours,

ah, no. not quite.
ignoring the color change - it's still diffrent:
* the belt. almost all of it.
* the shirt - you don't get to see Lara's belly on the classic.
* that-thing-where-she-puts-her-guns. both AOD and TRA versions have holes in it, while the classic don't.
* oh, look! on the AOD version she doesn't have holes in her gloves.

so...that makes it as similar as the TRA outfit. ;) just those tiny-little things.

LΞGΞND
10th Feb 2007, 18:53
the pants - it looks quite similar to the classic pants,

yea RIGHT!!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Laurence_croft/Tomb%20Raider/Fixes4.jpg

Trinity88
10th Feb 2007, 19:03
Why are u so bothered? they're just pants, "Oh My Gawd, Those Pants Are Sooooooooooo Not The Right Colour, Im So Not Playing This Game Anymore!"

Come On Guys, Is A Pair Of Pants really worth a debate...they're just pants!!!!!

shirl123
10th Feb 2007, 21:15
Why are u so bothered? they're just pants, "Oh My Gawd, Those Pants Are Sooooooooooo Not The Right Colour, Im So Not Playing This Game Anymore!"
Come On Guys, Is A Pair Of Pants really worth a debate...they're just pants!!!!!

I don't care for it either, read my posts again. ;)
just wanted to prove that all this comparison is wrong. we'll never get something that is 100% like the classic outfit - besides the classic outfit itself, so why bother? all that matters is that it'll look good, and it does.

pinkangel07
10th Feb 2007, 21:26
hahaha, i never knew a conversation about pants could get so enthralling! I am personally very grateful Lara does not look the same bacause they did not change her look hardly at all the firsat 5 games. Bo-ring. I love Tomb Raider and the classics, but we all have to move past those. CD is doing a wonderful job in my opinion of keeping Lara's main outfit similar to the old ones. If all the outfits were the same, how would that be fun? I like to see what they whip up for all of the different locations. Plus, the classic TR games had...er, I want to say horrible, but I know I'll get chewed out... sub par graphics. The new outfits are more updated, and you can even see the fabric in the renders. :)

LΞGΞND
10th Feb 2007, 22:11

Havnt you ever heard of "If you do something, do it properly/right"

looks like you do not have that morral, then I feel sorry towards you,
you have no honor...

LΞGΞND
10th Feb 2007, 22:21
hahaha, i never knew a conversation about pants could get so enthralling! I am personally very grateful Lara does not look the same bacause they did not change her look hardly at all the firsat 5 games. Bo-ring. I love Tomb Raider and the classics, but we all have to move past those. CD is doing a wonderful job in my opinion of keeping Lara's main outfit similar to the old ones. If all the outfits were the same, how would that be fun? I like to see what they whip up for all of the different locations. Plus, the classic TR games had...er, I want to say horrible, but I know I'll get chewed out... sub par graphics. The new outfits are more updated, and you can even see the fabric in the renders. :)

I would like the main costume to be exactly like the original, but just HQ.
From there, there will be obviose changes such as the levels and story, as a result of the not-similar-to-the-classic engine.

I OK with that, and I'd like to see new outfits further in the game, coz CD said

"It isnt an exact remake, it's based on the first one,"

So IMO they should keep it alot like the original, by meens of the main look of the game, from there they can change most minor things,

personally I'd like the option of being able to switch costumes ingame acording to the enviroment. like:

water = sola suit = boosts swim skill alot
normal = classic = boosts all +/-
Tundra = Classicish winter costume = normilises stats +/-
warm = more-like-a-bikini mix? = normilises stats +/-

Martin C
10th Feb 2007, 23:30
Pants on display!

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7775/pantsxw7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Sorry couldn't resist :lol:

Martin C x

RuumTaedor
10th Feb 2007, 23:41
Good one, Martin. :thumbsup:

Havnt you ever heard of "If you do something, do it properly/right"

looks like you do not have that morral, then I feel sorry towards you,
you have no honor...

First, I agree that if you're going to do something, do it right.

Second, I'm not sure if there is in part a language problem happening here, but just because Trinity88 doesn't think the look of the pants are a big deal, doesn't mean he/she is an immoral dishonourable person. You're acting as if he/she said "I don't care if Lara wears no pants at all."

pinkangel07
11th Feb 2007, 02:21
ahahahaha.... ahh, this forum just gets better and better :lol:

aussie500
11th Feb 2007, 05:23
It is not a remake so much as a retelling, nothing has to look the same, but l notice the complaint about the gloves, this is from the FMV at the start of the caves level
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/AE%20game/fingernails.jpg

Frankly it does not matter whether the gloves have a hole or not, but l think they look better how they are in AOD, Legend and Anniversary :rasp:

Trinity88
11th Feb 2007, 13:23

Second, I'm not sure if there is in part a language problem happening here, but just because Trinity88 doesn't think the look of the pants are a big deal, doesn't mean he/she is an immoral dishonourable person. You're acting as if he/she said "I don't care if Lara wears no pants at all."

Thank You Ruum Taedor, Im Not A Dishonourable Person, and i resent the implication from LEGEND! Heres A Catchy One For You, "Freedom Of Speech", Am I not entitled to my opinion???

Martin C
11th Feb 2007, 16:02
It is not a remake so much as a retelling, nothing has to look the same

Thats how I'm viewing the game. For me the main deal with this game will be the premise that it can capture the same feeling we all got when we played through Tomb Raider for the very first time. I could care less about the graphics if the game doesn't capture the same sense of isolation, adventure and exploration that made me fall in love with the Tomb Raider series in the first place.

Martin C x

StarChampagne
11th Feb 2007, 16:39
Come on, isn't a girl entitled to change her wardrobe after 10 years? :)

You clearly feel very strongly about what most people would probably think very minor and insignificant changes, Legend. At least your criticisms are somewhat constructive. Doing things 'properly/right' is different for everyone. In my humble opinion, CD has done a fine job. But then again, I'm saving my criticisms for faults with the actual gameplay. Although I am not fond of that car-jack type thing hanging from Lara's belt, I am forced to accept that Eidos/CD own Lara and her image, and besides irratating a few people with my somewhat petty views, there's sadly not a lot I can do about it. Now if Lara was a man, I agree, that would detract from the classic Tomb Raider experience more than I would feel is acceptable. But then, what is 'acceptable' is different for everyone.

Besides, if I have got this right and you're comparing the Aod outfit to the original one, there are loads of differences. As there are a few changes between the old outfit and the Anniversary one. Although I would call them 'modernisations' and not changes. Lara looks like Lara. Good enough for me.

As beautiful as renders are, I'm more interested in seeing what Lara's pants look like in the game. Or shorts, as the Brits call them :)

Trinity88
11th Feb 2007, 17:11
I Couldn't Agree More!;)

ChOnyD
12th Feb 2007, 03:17
wow...this thread is so crazy...everything doesn't have to be the exact same thing as it was in the very first tomb raider. After all, in the trailer, Lara did say that things will be DIFFERENT!!! (plus i think the outfit is KOOL:p )

ditom
13th Feb 2007, 12:59
I don't care.For me she can wear nothing.

LΞGΞND
13th Feb 2007, 17:52

I didnt say shes dishomourable, sorry if ya took it that way Trin, and yeh you are entitled to your freedom of speech.

B.T.W, Ruum Treador... that wearing no pants sounds good, lol. :whistle:

Faye
14th Feb 2007, 03:54

Although it does look that way, I don't think Crystal Dynamics intend this to be a sweater...I think it's supposed to be ribbed cotton, which would make sense, since Lara's leotard was always supposed to be cotton (we could just never see the texture so well). :)

As for the whole of this thread, I do not have a problem with Lara's outfit personally. After all, this isn't meant to directly be Core's Lara anyway...this is Crystal's version, the one that lost her mother at nine year's old, a different version of the lady...so making the outfit slightly different shouldn't be a huge problem. :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
14th Feb 2007, 11:22
I always took the aqua blue green top to be made of silk, actually. :D It would explain the shine in the early games if it were a satiny type, and you can also buy it as a knit like we see in Anniversary. It is a fabric someone with Lara's background would enjoy, and is strong and comfortable to wear in all weather. But maybe it is cotton. ;)

Mangar The Dark
14th Feb 2007, 14:45
Ok, I've seen everything now... a two-page conversation about a video game character's pants.

This is surreal..... :lol:

shirl123
14th Feb 2007, 17:00
Although it does look that way, I don't think Crystal Dynamics intend this to be a sweater...I think it's supposed to be ribbed cotton, which would make sense, since Lara's leotard was always supposed to be cotton (we could just never see the texture so well). :)

hmm...maybe, you have a good point, but it's a bad idea. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=618070&postcount=14)
I always thought that it was synthetic, because of it's looks and also because it's good/it fits for this kind of adventures. I wore synthetic polyester shirts during boot camp.

ah, well, those tiny things don't really matter. I think that most of us here agree that the new outfit looks great.

CatSuit&Ponytail
14th Feb 2007, 17:11
Ok, I've seen everything now... a two-page conversation about a video game character's pants.

This is surreal..... :lol:

Don't worry, leading up to a launch it always gets a little surreal on the boards. :)

http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/disturbed.gif

:lol:

Po Yu
15th Feb 2007, 18:29
I agree on pants and holsters
I do like to see pants on real classic style and without AoD holsters.
others are good for me. :)