PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Pack a Future Option?

Vindicator
9th Feb 2007, 19:39
Hey, I was really wondering if you guys plan on releaseing an expansion pack for this game at some point in the future.
You see... the thing I'm really worryed about is the PC games becoming alittle to much tied into the Xbox versions of them.
An example is the expansion pack im hoping for. Most PC games in the past have had expansion packs come out for them. Usally I'm guess about 6 months after the game is first released.. maybe sooner or later, I could be wrong.
BUT!!! as we all know, Xbox games don't get expansion packs. You just have to wait till the next installment of that game comes out to get anything new!
My point is this - I Really hope they are planning an expansion pack for this game ( More Multiplayer maps, a map editor maybe, Skirmish mode for single player ) among other things.
I really hope that These new PC games are not trying to go the way of Xbox and just planning to release Battlestations 2 in the future. That to me is almost like saying.. Errrr sorry guys, we will do better next time. An expansion pack says - Here you go guys.. here are some more goodys to hold you over.

Eidos .... Have some Faith in the PC market :) :) release and expansion pack :) or patch in skirmish mode:) PC is so flexible .. USE IT :)

zwillyc
10th Feb 2007, 14:42
I even have a name for it: Battlestations: Sink the Bismarck!

This time we take a special trip to the Atlantic where we try to down the baddest dude in Hitler's navy.

Sam0096
10th Feb 2007, 15:05
BUT!!! as we all know, Xbox games don't get expansion packs. You just have to wait till the next installment of that game comes out to get anything new!

I think you will find that with the xbox 360 you can get expasions for games, (just look at oblivion for example the downloadable content is exactly the same as you have on the PC), via xbox live and can store it to your xbox's hard drive (if you have one that is). I don't think Eidos should be aiming for just one side of the market or the other they should release stuff on both formats, which is what I am sure they will do.
Cheers
Sam

Budlater
12th Feb 2007, 20:42
Has Eidos said anything about an expansion pack? . or they keeping there mouths shut

chip5541
12th Feb 2007, 20:45
I'm sure a sequal or expansion pack would be in teh cards but for now we should be getting some DL content.

Tex Vindictive
13th Feb 2007, 00:43
I'm sure a sequel or expansion pack would be in teh cards but for now we should be getting some DL content.

An expansion pack means 19.99. A sequel means 39.99. :rasp: lol

antiSniper07
13th Feb 2007, 03:46
An expansion pack means 19.99. A sequel means 39.99. :rasp: lol

Your right, looking at your website, I don't think you can afford it :rasp:

Memnoch
13th Feb 2007, 04:02
I think you will find that with the xbox 360 you can get expasions for games, (just look at oblivion for example the downloadable content is exactly the same as you have on the PC), via xbox live and can store it to your xbox's hard drive (if you have one that is). I don't think Eidos should be aiming for just one side of the market or the other they should release stuff on both formats, which is what I am sure they will do.
Cheers
Sam

Yeah, just look at Oblivion. They're working on their second expansion for it on the 360.

Admiral Sturnn
26th Feb 2007, 23:51
I can't believe somone read my mind, i was going to suggest an atlantic expansion pack for BS:Midway =o

or maybe make an expansion pack...where you command land units instead like tanks etc?.

i mean theres even a tv program called Battlestations :o

Kai Robin
27th Feb 2007, 01:39
Yes!

I would love the Atlantic side, but for goodness sake DON'T FORGET THE ITALIANS!!! I want my Vittorio Veneto!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/RN_Roma_at_La_Spezia_harbor_1943.jpg

Give me!

lpjd
27th Feb 2007, 18:10
I'm sure a sequal or expansion pack would be in teh cards but for now we should be getting some DL content.

For which they are going to charge us I'm sure. :mad:

itchy01ca
6th Mar 2007, 19:40
EVERYONE forgets the Itais :P
Id suggest focusing on the more pressing issues like getting the multiplayer up to speed.
This could be an amazing game if more maps/campaigns were added to single player as well.
Right now its average..
with potential.
We'll see if the devs can get their acts together and make us a SUPERB sequel/expansion

MudMarine
14th Mar 2007, 22:06
Guys,
They misnamed this game. When you see Miday in a title what do you think of? Be honest Carrier warfare.

This game should be called BS: Pacific/Surface Action. The game favors the Ship drivers with the guns and torpedoes, not the air jocks or submariners.

Yes an expansion for the Atlantic would be nice with the Brits, Germans and Italians. You have to remember that the main action there was the U-Boat and Convoys.

What I would Like to see:
1. Map and senario editor
2. a strategic map to move Fleets , squadrons and convoys
3. range for aircraft on a larger realistic battle map with search and recon flights.
4. ability to launch all aircraft not only 12
5. a sonar screen for DD,DE and PT Boats vs Subs
6. ships that had search aircraft be able to launch them.
7. weather
8. more research on historical acurate classes and names within the classe of ships.

For now thats all I can think of right now.

Kai Robin
14th Mar 2007, 23:16
Guys,
They misnamed this game. When you see Miday in a title what do you think of? Be honest Carrier warfare.

Dear God WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?this had very little love for Surface action. You got ONE campaign mission where you got to pilot a light-cruiser, and that was the largest surface warship you got, if anything it was a jiff they featured a battleship on the cover instead of the Yorktown. EVERYTHING after that was air power. Not once did you get to command a BB in the campaign. Even in the quick missions the aerial missions were all-around the best set.

*copy and pasted to save time*

sheesh...........

itchy01ca
15th Mar 2007, 01:33
There will eventually be a scenario editor, even IF the greedy people at EIDOS wont give us one :)

Im now working on a bunch of secret little projects to hack into BS:M and change some of the properties.

Kai Robin
15th Mar 2007, 01:44
There will eventually be a scenario editor, even IF the greedy people at EIDOS wont give us one :)

Im now working on a bunch of secret little projects to hack into BS:M and change some of the properties.

haha, dude thats cool. I give you my props. :thumbsup:

itchy01ca
15th Mar 2007, 02:45
haha, dude thats cool. I give you my props. :thumbsup:

The forum owners will probably edit my post again, because i "abused" and "assaulted" them in some unknown way :lol:

Reaves
15th Mar 2007, 02:54
The forum owners will probably edit my post again, because i "abused" and "assaulted" them in some unknown way :lol:

I saw it all! :rasp:

Willus Killus
18th Mar 2007, 10:56
Just release a mission editor!!!!!! easy solution!

chip5541
19th Mar 2007, 05:53

I'm watching you ;)

:rasp: