PDA

View Full Version : Me Want SP Skirmish Mode

see_rock_city
9th Feb 2007, 00:14
Eidos Hungary-please add a single player skirmish mode and a mission editor! Thanks!

Vindicator
9th Feb 2007, 14:22
100% agree. The sooner we can get a skirmish option in the game the better. I really hope they do not take forever on this. I know the game was just released. But this is something that should have been in the release.

Keir
9th Feb 2007, 15:31
Thanks for the post. You're not alone in asking for this. I'm going to make sure I pass this info on.

Vindicator
9th Feb 2007, 15:44
You Rule Keir :)

see_rock_city
10th Feb 2007, 02:56
Thanks Keir I appreciate you passing this on! :) :) :)

zwillyc
10th Feb 2007, 14:40
Lets make this game better guys, a single player shootout would be my biggest dream.

Samsonov
10th Feb 2007, 16:08
Well if they add SP skirmish mode they might as well add a MP skirmich mode as well.

Preferably using "build your own fleet/army" system like in Total War series. Say you're alllotted certain ship tonnage (or "money") for any given map any you spend it any way you want.

sal0_kin
10th Feb 2007, 19:39
hey u guyz want a skirmish mode for Battlestaions Midway? just reply and i will tell you what me and my m8s are creatin

whoopy91
11th Feb 2007, 11:16
wohooo, I want SP :cool:

Indyblue
11th Feb 2007, 13:21
I'm very suprised that there wasn't a skirmish mode included as it seems the norm for all strategy games out there. Although it isn't exactly what you would call a standard rts by any means.
I must say I'm enjoying it so far though, it's unique enough to be very entertaining. Good fun!
So devs, I say please include skirmish mode in the patch. ;)

zwillyc
12th Feb 2007, 00:12
Well if they add SP skirmish mode they might as well add a MP skirmich mode as well.

Preferably using "build your own fleet/army" system like in Total War series. Say you're alllotted certain ship tonnage (or "money") for any given map any you spend it any way you want.

Complete agree! I would have trashed M2:TW already if not for the custom battle mode.

Drawde
12th Feb 2007, 13:52
I'd also really like to see a skirmish mode, or at least some sort of simple quick battle mode - either that or a map/mission editor of some kind!
This is a potentially great game with an impressively detailed selection of ships and aircraft, and the combination of strategy and direct unit control is great fun (when you're not restricted to a single unit or squadron, which seems to often be the case in the campaign), so it's a shame that (other than in multiplayer) you're restricted to what seems to be a fairly short and heavily scripted campaign and a handful of seperate missions.
If nothing else, an unpacker tool to extract the data from .mpak files would be good, so fans can modify the existing missions (assuming the mission files are editable with a text or hex editor), along with things like sound mods and possibly even realism modifications (increased ship gun ranges etc.)

From previous experience with other games lacking these features, I don't have much hope of them being added in anything other than an expansion pack or sequel - but I could be wrong.

Vindicator
12th Feb 2007, 16:17
Nice Sal0 Kim :)

Vindicator
12th Feb 2007, 16:18
Err Kin :)

geoffny25
13th Feb 2007, 20:33
yep a singleplayer mode/skirmish would be excellent

sriramt
13th Feb 2007, 21:03
Seconding or thirding that.

I am not much of an online player and since I'm done with the single player - there's no replayability for me. Please add single player skirmish mode (somethign like what Task Force 1942 had would be awesome)

Calladen Nimitz
14th Feb 2007, 01:53
Seconding or thirding that.

I am not much of an online player and since I'm done with the single player - there's no replayability for me. Please add single player skirmish mode (somethign like what Task Force 1942 had would be awesome)

Man that game was a classic! I loved TF1942. Janes Fleet Command was OK afterwards in the 90's but I loved the WW2 genre.

Calladen :)

takevin
14th Feb 2007, 16:58
update for this would be great!

jitterbug
16th Feb 2007, 03:48
totally agree.. skirmish mode and a map editor are sorely needed.

jekinney
16th Feb 2007, 06:56
I would love it too. Maybe a expansion pack with skirmish and some more single player chapters...

zwillyc
16th Feb 2007, 07:24
Let's cross our fingers on the first patch giving us new content

Vindicator
16th Feb 2007, 13:42
Yes, I really hope there is some new content to go along with the fixes they are making. Would Love to have a map editor and Skirmish mode.