PDA

View Full Version : Switching Planes

2quik2c
8th Feb 2007, 18:09
THis may sound like a dumb question but how do you switch planes during a mission? For example when you send 4 or 5 planes off to sink a BB how do you switch between planes.

chip5541
8th Feb 2007, 18:13
arrows

FusionC5
8th Feb 2007, 21:18
Arrow? I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work. I select a squadron of 3 torpedo bombers and I attempt to switch between the individual planes of said squadron by pressing arrow keys, but to no avail. Can you give any further help chip? :P

lpjd
8th Feb 2007, 21:35
Use the "E" key. That should switch among the planes in your flight. Be aware of how many planes you have though, as if you keep pressing "E" you will eventually jump to the other units you control.

FusionC5
8th Feb 2007, 21:37
Use the "E" key. That should switch among the planes in your flight. Be aware of how many planes you have though, as if you keep pressing "E" you will eventually jump to the other units you control.

E? doesn't that just cycle to your previous unit? (I don't use E much, I use Q most of the time)

FusionC5
11th Feb 2007, 15:43
So, does anyone know how to succesfully switch between INDIVIDUAL planes of a squadron? (not between squadrons)

-=BoM=-HyTech
11th Feb 2007, 16:11
I use a joystick but the key you use to switch between units is the only way to get to the next plane in your flight. Switch one way once then back the other way and that should get you to your next plane. I only do this when dive bombing or torpedo bombing and only after I drop my bomb/torp do I switch. You have to be quick to do it before the AI drops their bomb/torp then you can control the delivery all of your flights ordinance.

FusionC5
12th Feb 2007, 00:22
I use a joystick but the key you use to switch between units is the only way to get to the next plane in your flight. Switch one way once then back the other way and that should get you to your next plane. I only do this when dive bombing or torpedo bombing and only after I drop my bomb/torp do I switch. You have to be quick to do it before the AI drops their bomb/torp then you can control the delivery all of your flights ordinance.

Yeah that is the way that I currently do it. But I was hoping there was an actual key to switch planes, bah!

poisonpill
12th Feb 2007, 15:28
wait, hold on...

So if you drop say a torpedo and immediately hit C or F you would switch to the next plane in your squad - a plane still carrying a torpedo?

-=BoM=-HyTech
13th Feb 2007, 22:29
Yeah like I said I use a joystick my HAT switch controls unit selection. So if C and F cycle units then all you need to do is say hit C then F and it should put you in the next plane in that squadron. Sometimes you need to do this twice and get to the third plane because the second one already dropped it's torp. You have to be quick you cant sit there and watch your torp hit. So cycle one way once then back the other way once.

Try it out.