PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer issue

ModerateN
7th Feb 2007, 07:47
Hey guys, I don't think that demo players should be able to join games made by full-game players when they haven't the map Islands of Solomon on. Because if I choose to have 8 players on, it takes for ever to get 8 full-game players, it always is some demo player that tries to join like 50 times even if I kick him. So therefore they shouldn't be able to join the game if the map isn't playable for them.

What do you think?

/Max

lpjd
7th Feb 2007, 20:45
I agree, and most won't if you name your server "Full Game Only" or something. The problem is, if they choose "Quick Game" it drops them into the first available server and that function doesn't check to see if the game is full or not. :mad2:

OldGeezer
7th Feb 2007, 21:16
That is a pain in the neck. That demo-users even show up in the full-version MP screen is baffling. The multiplayer aspect of the game does seem to either be an afterthought, or was rushed.

Even worse than the game-lobby headaches is the fact that so many people quit as soon as they realize they're not going to win. I'm getting sick of seeing the "not enough players" screen. It's a huge problem and I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about it.

If only they'd allow multiple users to man different stations on the same boat once that's all there's left, then at least the people who don't have enough manners and sportmanship to play to the end on their own will have an incentive to stick around and finish the round.

I'm at the point where I almost don't want to waste my time (a half-hour + investment) to play a round with strangers, because so many of them are quitters. And there's no way to keep track of/ban them from joining your own games.

I hope some major improvements are made in an upcoming patch, and soon, because the multiplayer should be huge; it's different, it's challenging, and, without game-destroying quitters ruining it, it's great fun.

FusionC5
7th Feb 2007, 21:35
The whole 'quit when you're losing' issue is in every RTS game, but what makes it worse in BSM is because it says you've lost the game, grr!