PDA

View Full Version : Direct IP Join?

Mikivaup
6th Feb 2007, 15:32
Is there any way to join a game created by someone else via IP without logging on to GameSpy? My guess is no but why?
:)

poisonpill
6th Feb 2007, 15:35
Not many games nowadays allow IP direct join. It's clearly because game companies want to be able to keep tabs on who's playing. (via registration)

However I've found hamachi to be a great alternative if you know a few people you want to hook up with.

Mikivaup
6th Feb 2007, 15:43
Not many games nowadays allow IP direct join. It's clearly because game companies want to be able to keep tabs on who's playing. (via registration)

However I've found hamachi to be a great alternative if you know a few people you want to hook up with.

I have to disagree that "most" companies don't allow direct join. Of the last 10 multiplayer games I have purchased this is the only one that does not allow you do do that.

Stickletodd
6th Feb 2007, 15:52

all that I have played recently do.

poisonpill
6th Feb 2007, 16:49
Ok so what?

Either way, this game doesn't appear to have that option. I do agree that it's stupid to have to go through gamespy, which as we know has its problems.