PDA

View Full Version : How to open Ports on a Dlink DSL-G604T Modem

Col.Falcon
5th Feb 2007, 22:02
OK.
First thing you need to do is know what the ip address is of your router and your pc. so click on run and type in cmd and press enter. you will now have a dos prompt window now type in ipconfig and hit enter.
and a list of information will come up, what your looking for is the local area connection.
should look something like this

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.0.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1

Ok so the top Line is your PC address and the bottom line is the IP of the Modem. Make a note of these 2
now close the window. open your internet browser and type in the the top line into the address bar eg. 10.0.0.2, yours should be 10.1.1.1 and press enter.
it will ask you for a username and password, should be admin and admin. (default settings)
if it is you should now be in the browser. Click on the advanced tab and on the left side click on virtual server.

Where it says lan ip make sure that it is the same as your PC ip.
Now select user on the left side and click add just to the right and down of user
Ok almost there.
Type in a Rule Name BSMIDWAY

now here are the ports that I found need to be put in
TCP

UDP

So you select if its a tcp or udp port
So for the First one you would enter
TCP
Port Start 6667
port end 6667
Port map 6667

Dont worry about Port Map End

Now click apply, you will see that it has added that port to the bottom list now do the mest making sure the you select the correct Protocol for each port.

Once all ports have been entered
click cancel
now in the Available rules you will see the BSMIDWAY rule you just created.
Now click on the ADD button between the two windows and that will add it to the Applied Rules.

Now click on the Tools tab at the top click on the system tab at the Left
now click on save settings and Reboot.

Once the Modem has rebooted, go into midway and try to host.

Good Luck

Regards

Col_Falcon

ozzo
6th Feb 2007, 03:29
Col.,

I'd be interested to know if you are able to host by simplying forwarding UDP 6500 and UDP 2302 and none of the other ports.

With UPnP supported, I've found you can get away with forwarding only UDP 6500.

As long as you do not have outbound port filtering (i.e. you run a packetfilter/true firewall), a lot of those ports are for outbound connections.

EuT.be
6th Feb 2007, 07:00
Well, I've got a DLink 604 router and I gave up port triggering/forwarding and virtual server as non didnt helped. I ended to DMZ my pc, unlock a few ports on my modem and unlock the ports in my Firewall! Tbh, I'm finding Linksys a better router/modem then DLink just because I'm used to use Linksys for 5yrs as I never had problems with linksys neither in what-so-ever as I've hosted thousands of programs with it with succes.

The main raison I DMZ'd my pc was because I was out of avaiable slots to trigger or to virtual server since the router blocked a lot of ports even in UPnP mode!

Col.Falcon
6th Feb 2007, 21:58
Col.,

I'd be interested to know if you are able to host by simplying forwarding UDP 6500 and UDP 2302 and none of the other ports.

With UPnP supported, I've found you can get away with forwarding only UDP 6500.

As long as you do not have outbound port filtering (i.e. you run a packetfilter/true firewall), a lot of those ports are for outbound connections.

This is an Interesting point with UPNP
I disabled it and was able to host but no one could join on me. The server showed up but if you clicked join it would time out, As for all the ports opened well it didnt take lag and since the multiplay is a bit buggy i decided to open all the ports.