PDA

View Full Version : Mutants

ggctuk
5th Feb 2007, 14:54
Who looks forward to what the monstrous mutants look like? I do. I mean, we saw low-res in the actual game, mid-res in the FMV which Natla was sealed away forever and TRA should be extra-high res! :D

Alongside Atlantis, the mystery atmosphere would be set for this game!

Midas
6th Feb 2007, 16:55
I'm lookin forward to seeing how a lot of the more unusual creatures are re-envisioned. They should make them powerful and bizarre in motion so that you'll want to avoid their "touch" (Silent Hill style!).

ggctuk
12th Feb 2007, 15:22
They are going to be harder and scarier. They will proabaly explode in a bloody pile as well.Very DOOM-like. The only request is that they make their original noises - they still freak me out with that low growl and high-pitched squealing when I play the first game today! :D But boy I wouldn't change it for the world!

A funny cheat should perhaps relive certain quirks of the first game (like sturning Lara and the enemies back in time to the original TR1)

rabid metro
13th Feb 2007, 01:13
A funny cheat should perhaps relive certain quirks of the first game (like sturning Lara and the enemies back in time to the original TR1)

he he he, that's a great suggestion. :thumbsup:

randomly (and infrequently), when a mutant attacks it could have the effect of stunning Lara and sending her into a temporary, playable dream sequence where she is rendered like TR1 and the environment is similarly rendered, ... and then, after a brief time, she would snap out of it. of course, she would have to make a clever comment after a moment like this ...

ggctuk
16th Feb 2007, 09:39
These guys MUST have that screech/growl from the first game, no substitute, no flipping replacements, we want those proper horrible growling sounds (although as before, an alter in pitch each time they emit them would be nice).

The Centaur Sounds must be updated, of course, but EIDOS, TOUCH NOTHING ELSE WITH THESE SOUNDS!

Rusty_DK
17th Feb 2007, 04:34
meaty...

rabid metro
17th Feb 2007, 06:03
randomly (and infrequently), when a mutant attacks it could have the effect of stunning Lara and sending her into a temporary, playable dream sequence where she is rendered like TR1 ...

:nut:
hmmm,
can someone draw this? ...
... and then we'll get philip to start a new thread announcing the drawing ...
... and who knows?, maybe it'll then make it into the game ...
:whistle:

jason
21st Feb 2007, 04:18
Come on now people we can't have the monsters to hard and i am starting to wonder if perhaps there will be dinosaurs like in number 3 or maybe a mine stage like 3 but i must say after all the hard work with mosters itis allways a good idea to go for a swim coz it cools her down and me to :D

mrcube
21st Feb 2007, 16:39
Come on now people we can't have the monsters to hard and i am starting to wonder if perhaps there will be dinosaurs like in number 3 or maybe a mine stage like 3 but i must say after all the hard work with mosters itis allways a good idea to go for a swim coz it cools her down and me to :D

Of course there will be dinosaurs, have you seen the trailer? ;)

And I don't see how they could fit a mine car into TR1's story, but you never know. However I think it is better left out, let them focus on making what was actually in the first TR good, instead of adding lots of other things.

And I can't wait to see the mutants, one of things I'm looking forward to most :nut: They should be great, make them hard and incredibly scary, I want to crap myself when I hear their groaning! :D

ggctuk
24th Feb 2007, 10:45
Same here.

They will be attacking in groups, which makes them even harder. Just as long as those sounds are the same (or pretty damn close) then I don't care :D

Have you seen Qualopec's mummy guards from the concept art? THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO SEE FROM THE KHAMOON MUMMIES!

Save for the fact that the trailer shows the mummies making different sounds:

The new Tomb Raider Anniversary trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dboi28IzxYY&mode=user&search=)

As long as it's just the mummies making those sounds (They are dead, after all, or rather, undead)

And as for the people saying "Oh boo hoo hoo the crocs didn't act like they were supposed to, they just bite sideways", they all should be jumping up and down on their seats for this! They are faster, and act more croc-like.

But Natla doesn't sound that good. Stick to Black Cat, Jennifer.