PDA

View Full Version : MISC. So I played Nosgoth

Quelor
15th Oct 2013, 22:35
Hi, I'm just gonna type out what I think would make this game work better, sorry if it's messy order.

During downtime (Deadtime?) you get this info board with what damage you've taken and such, I would like for it to be a way to hide this even if just temporary.
Like so: You die, it shows, you press tab (?) and it fades out until you hold said button again. This way I can better see what the fork is going on after my death.

Also, the same info popup board has a hotlink to the loadout... While in this, why do I have to select a specific ability to see the tooltip, please consider always showing tooltips while mouse hovering.

One thing I noticed during combat, or should I say during panic running / chasing. Best way to ditch a chasing vampire while you sprint endlessly is running into walls stand for ½ sec and then roll away. They will automatically start climbing the forking wall and you run away gaining distance.
This needs to be fixed, either change spring button or make so that you press jump while at a wall.

While I'm at the vampire hunting human part, the reaver (this is the vamp I had most problems with) has a pretty wide attack area. Even if you roll sideways during an attack, they hit you because the black magic that comes forth from the attack.

Also, the animation for Hunters q ability (shackle?) is pretty long for an "panic save me maverick!" button, and if you desides you are better off dodging incoming attacks (Maybe another vampire is coming from the sky) the ability gets canceled but still put on cd, look into that :)

Oh! When you refresh health / ammo at the stations, would it be possible for it to auto reload your weapon at the same time?

I honestly got upset while playing a sentinel, the thing is stupidly annoying!
Why do I have to look up just to stay in air when my prey is on the ground?
Took 4-5 deaths just to figure out that the pickup leap had a short distance, some time-cast-bar thing to display in what timeframe you need to hit the target would help scrubs like myself.

It may not look like it from this post, but I had quite a good time playing, graphics look good enough, the movement is really tight (I LIKE this), voices can be bit cheesy but overall sound is nice.
I look forward to being able to customize the classes more to my liking as more abilities gets released.

Cheers

Psyonix_Corey
15th Oct 2013, 22:43
During downtime (Deadtime?) you get this info board with what damage you've taken and such, I would like for it to be a way to hide this even if just temporary.
Like so: You die, it shows, you press tab (?) and it fades out until you hold said button again. This way I can better see what the fork is going on after my death.
This has been requested internally as well. We have a revision of the in-game HUD screens pending that will add a way to hide it.

Also, the same info popup board has a hotlink to the loadout... While in this, why do I have to select a specific ability to see the tooltip, please consider always showing tooltips while mouse hovering.
This is just a bug.

One thing I noticed during combat, or should I say during panic running / chasing. Best way to ditch a chasing vampire while you sprint endlessly is running into walls stand for ½ sec and then roll away. They will automatically start climbing the forking wall and you run away gaining distance.
This needs to be fixed, either change spring button or make so that you press jump while at a wall.
Holding SHIFT as a vampire doesn't make you sprint or run faster, so if you're chasing a human there's no need to hold it and accidentally climb walls.

Also, the animation for Hunters q ability (shackle?) is pretty long for an "panic save me maverick!" button, and if you desides you are better off dodging incoming attacks (Maybe another vampire is coming from the sky) the ability gets canceled but still put on cd, look into that :)
This is a balance thing, though we'll keep an eye on it. Consider the flip side as a vampire who's snuck up on a Hunter. The current "tell" on the animation gives you a brief window to react and dodge the Bola, but if it's much faster it's basically instant and quite frustrating for vampires.

Oh! When you refresh health / ammo at the stations, would it be possible for it to auto reload your weapon at the same time?
This has actually never been suggested in months of internal playtesting. We'll talk about it.

I honestly got upset while playing a sentinel, the thing is stupidly annoying!
Why do I have to look up just to stay in air when my prey is on the ground?
Took 4-5 deaths just to figure out that the pickup leap had a short distance, some time-cast-bar thing to display in what timeframe you need to hit the target would help scrubs like myself.
We'd have to totally revamp how Sentinel flight controls to allow you to look independently from your flight trajectory. Most of the internal feedback has been very positive on flight, but if it's a big problem for the community we can look into alternatives.
I agree the Kidnap needs more feedback on what your "window" is for kidnapping.

Ligkvaern
15th Oct 2013, 22:55
Maybe a circle-bar like for pounce would work for that? Perhaps one that starts full and then diminishes, to show you how much remains of your "window" :)

Enixir
16th Oct 2013, 05:13
Heres some of ny thought about the first session of ganeplay(not going to do new thread ^^):
So i started as humans in 1st match (which took long, but is expected) and i first tryed the alchemist. Didnt much see the healing side yet but grenade laucher is awsome. Killed those vampires like nothing would stop me. After 1 death i then changed to scout. I didnt much like this one. I guess the bow was too slow for my taste cpmpared to another human classes. Last human class,hunter, was really awesome also with that crossbow.

On the vampire side: New round one win already. Trying to pounce guy (cant remember name). It was kinda cool but it was horrible when you couldnt attack when moving. When i stopped and tryed to hit people i just got shot is the face. I was just a target without resistance. Well i try that charge class. Cool skills, kinda long charge :), but again same problem. Cant move and hit samd time which makes vampires kinda stumpy. Last class to test. Flying vampire. Okey now im going to.... wait i cant fly? Was little bit of disappointment. It was good that i still got it from store, phew....
After buying takeoff to that winged vampire, i was sold. Snatching people and dropping them. Love it!

Overall +/- from 1st session:

+Humans cool weapons
+ Dropping people to their death!
+Cool looking maps
+No bugs in maps for me (yet)
+Starting coins

-You dont have takeoff without buying :(
-Humans are overpowered, won all matches i played.
-What are those numbers or codes in my screen? (Something testing numbers?)
- Not the best time to play for europeans, so earlier times also ;)

So its a + from me for the 1st session. Keep it coming!

Monkeythumbz
16th Oct 2013, 10:51
Hlying vampire. Okey now im going to.... wait i cant fly? Was little bit of disappointment. It was good that i still got it from store, phew....
After buying takeoff to that winged vampire, i was sold. Snatching people and dropping them. Love it!

-You dont have takeoff without buying :(

You can Fly around the level by leaping off of a building (hold SHIFT when running off a ledge) and tapping Spacebar to deploy your wings. You can drop out of flight at any time by pressing SPACEBAR again.

For more info on all the clases, check Corey's post here: CLASSES Alpha Survival Guide (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7591)

Enixir
16th Oct 2013, 17:58
Thanks! Helps alot when i next time get back to Nosgoth.

OneViolence
16th Oct 2013, 20:09
My experience was that Tyrant is incredibly weak, he doesnt have the sneakyness of the Reaver and he cant fly like the Sentinel, but he doesnt feel any tankier, and die before you can lay down your CC and damage, its generally low pay off for high risk/difficult tactics and Tyrant needs more health IMO.

oddypop
18th Oct 2013, 12:08
We'd have to totally revamp how Sentinel flight controls to allow you to look independently from your flight trajectory. Most of the internal feedback has been very positive on flight, but if it's a big problem for the community we can look into alternatives.
I agree the Kidnap needs more feedback on what your "window" is for kidnapping.

I honestly feel that the flying is perfect. I wouldn't change it in any way. The kidnapping is a bit hard to get used to though. But the way camera works felt flawless to me at least. It's one of the most epic feelings I've had in a game yet