PDA

View Full Version : Inverting Mouse, but getting only 'Slider+'

Jaswinder
4th Feb 2007, 08:37
Hello all,

how can I invert the mouse so that I don't get the 'Slider+' or 'Slider-' in the config? Is there an .ini file stored somewhere where I can change the settings, or do I have to do it in game?

thank you for your attention

SlaYeRXXL
4th Feb 2007, 17:05
hmm

I did it ingame in the settings and it works fine. Just klick the button for up or down and then move the mouse up or down. Thats it.

I took a look into my settings and there is Mouse Axis Y- or Mouse Axis Y+ for up and down movement. I don't know what you mean with Slider+ and Slider-

ScottWAR
4th Feb 2007, 18:01
I know what it is. You have a joystick connected, and your throttle slider isnt centered. So when you click on a control to map, it immediately assigns slider 1, since your slider is not at "0", which for this game is centered (not all the way backwards or forwards, but right in the center of its movement range).

Jaswinder
4th Feb 2007, 18:24
Thank you sir, that was the problem. Disabling the joystick allowed me to remap the mouse controls.

Once again, thank you. :)

Papadave
5th Feb 2007, 21:23
I also thank you. That was diving me friggin crazy!:thumbsup:

htwingnut
8th Feb 2007, 00:34
Hey thanks! Same here, was driving me NUTS!

Christiansaint
8th Feb 2007, 18:28
Me to!!!

mstich00
8th Feb 2007, 18:38
And me :D thx

Dr.CJ
8th Feb 2007, 18:42
I as well, lol.

Thanks!!

Amit9821
13th Feb 2007, 23:39
my goodness shifting the throttle to the middle has helped me and a hell of a lot of other ppl too, lol how did u find this out?

ScottWAR
14th Feb 2007, 01:10
Some game I played in the past did the same thing. I figured it out then by luck. I set my throttle control first, and as soon as I selected another action, it would select throttle before I touched anything. After giving up for a few days it dawned on me one day that I was pushing "w" to throttle up, and "s" to throttle back, I realized that maybe the slider was being treated as both "w" and "s", with "w" being forward, and "s" being all the way back. So basically when the slider is all the way back, its telling the game you are decelerating, instead of being neutral as in most flight only games.

I tried it,... and it worked, now whenever I see it, I know immediately what it is.

Bontemps
15th Feb 2007, 12:58
so basically disconnect any controller you have connected before you reconfigure yeah?