PDA

View Full Version : level editor of course

David 070
4th Feb 2007, 03:20
hi,i really want a level editor for anniversary!!!!!!

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz add a le!!!!!!
id love to make my own levels with the new Lara!!!

+ for one new move i want her to be able to belly crawl so we can explore like small little caves ,it would make the game more realistic too. :)

tks ;)

dhama
4th Feb 2007, 09:53
There you go Eidos... at least two people want a level editor with TR Anniversary. What more proof do you need that it would be popular........ or are you afraid that custom levels actually look better than your own. :rasp: :lol:

Seriously though......... we want it. ;)

mrcube
4th Feb 2007, 11:20
You guys aren't the only ones! The one that came with Chronicles is good, but dated. And Chronicles one was a huge success, which proves that a newer version would be as well!

Come on Eidos and Crystal, don't be stupid, do the right thing! :D

After all 'Anniversary' versions of things always come with a huge amount of bonus features!

Treeble
4th Feb 2007, 11:57
It still *is* a huge success. Most of the fans (especially those from PS2) don't even know how to install a custom level which is just sad. They keep missing on great "old school" gems which have surpassed by eons whatever Core was able to do. I'm glad they did exist, mind you, without them, we'd never have gotten hands around the editor AND TR would never have been taken away to Crystal, so Core - thank you very much for having existed, for all it's worth it.

www.trle.net

ggctuk
26th Feb 2007, 16:11
Hear, hear!

Arthur 222
26th Feb 2007, 16:49
The idea for belly crawl rocks!
I would love to explore all the small places in the side of cliffs etc
And to find secret areas that you can only get to throu a small crack
in the wall hidden by plants etc.

LisaB1962
26th Feb 2007, 17:26
It still *is* a huge success. Most of the fans (especially those from PS2) don't even know how to install a custom level which is just sad.
www.trle.net

Just echoing that if you haven't checked out what the level editors are doing, you are missing out. Core did indeed give a great gift, and fans have run amuck with their genius!

I saw Lara doing the wall run in a custom level trailer by Tomo last October. ;)

Raider0011
26th Feb 2007, 20:03
I too would love a Level Editor. I think this makes a lot of sense particularly for use over XBox Live. Can you imagine logging onto XBox Live and downloading a bunch of custom levels to play through? It would be a blast, and sales of the XBox 360 version (Which Eidos should really announce post haste) would go through the roof. It would be a great service. Even if Eidos sold one version of the game for $ 50, and a Collector's Edition with the Level Editor included for $ 60 it would sell well. I would actually be O.K. with a markup if it meant I got the Level Editor...lol :D

Raider0011
26th Feb 2007, 20:23
As I side note, I think it's funny that I clicked on a thread, followed a link posted by Treeble, which took me to a thread with another link, which took me to this thread... It was a very scenic trip around the boards... ;)

I wish we could just combine all these threads. Thanks Treeble for trying to keep this all in one thread. I wish people would look for a thread before arbitrarily starting a new one...lol

dhama
26th Feb 2007, 20:27
Never really thought about a new level editor, but I guess it would be nice.

Raider0011
26th Feb 2007, 21:12
Would it ever!! I'm all for this, and with the ease of downloading things to the various consoles in this generation it could be an incredible feature...