PDA

View Full Version : contstant crashing with 7950GX2, I need some good help

whoopy91
3rd Feb 2007, 15:01
hi,
so I got my copy yesterday kinda late. so I installed the game, played the first mission, in the middle of the mission BAM, crash, computer reboots.
this goes on and on, eveyr itme, makes me kinda sick, I got these problems with the demo too, but I accepted that becouse it whas just a demo, but for a retail game, that is unaccepatabel, and should be removed with the next patch
or could it be my Nvidia driver ? I have tryyd the normal version of Nvidia, didnt workt, I tried a modded version, doesnt makes it much better either

any help would be appreciated

W

andy3536
3rd Feb 2007, 17:05
There is a pc technical forum for this game.
Mabee you should try that.
Bottom right of the screen were it says general discussion, click on that and select pc.

llanelli
4th Feb 2007, 21:07
If the computer reboots, not just kicks you back to desktop I would guess its either a driver or possibly heat issue.l

Since it lets you play for a while then has problems, heat could very well be your problem

OldGeezer
5th Feb 2007, 03:01
If your machine is suddenly rebooting in the middle of 3d games (when that new video card is really sucking back the juice), it could be you power supply can't keep up. I had to replace on because of that. But I'd take the side off the machine to let lotsa air in there and play a while to rule out overheating first. Prolly your power supply though.

whoopy91
5th Feb 2007, 14:32
I odnt really believe that, becouse I can play CoH at max 1440X900 with ease, and It wouldnt be able too do this game ? what askes much less from your PC
and I never had crashes with other games (BF2, CoH, COD2)
and now, it crashes ALOT,
and most of the time, it crashes, and rboots the PC, directly after the mpa is loaded, so not when the game is running
I will see what the temp of my GPU is when im running the game

Tex Vindictive
5th Feb 2007, 14:33
Power

omaha
6th Feb 2007, 02:28
exactly same problem :scratch: i think that isnt power, have never had that problem with no game

Rainbow 6 vegas
battlefield 2142
medieval 2 total war

my 3 last games and they run perfect at maxium or default details

just one data: when game reboot, after restart and return to game appears a message

"Warning:
CPU Speed 3000 Mhz has changed to 3001 Mhz
do u want to find again your system config?"

why the game change my cpu speed? thats crazy. That message appears me sometimes but now no. just start the game, play 1min, and reboot alone............

pd: sorry about my "english" im spanish

Tex Vindictive
6th Feb 2007, 03:12
Can you watch you CPU temp?

omaha
6th Feb 2007, 07:01
Can you watch you CPU temp?

here you have an image of my CPU temp image (http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4108/omahajo6.png)

first = motherboard
second = CPU
thirty = C:/

in celsius and farenheit (everest). Dont know if that its a problem to you :nut: in any case think either is not the problem.

this game does not request so much as the three that i said :confused: so.... dont know. will wait for a patch or will give back the game to the shop never see that. and reboot suddenly isnt so good for windows

thx for the attention

omaha
6th Feb 2007, 19:36
more images....

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3376/sinttulo3vv3.png

here is the "CPU Change" that the game makes on my PC without no permission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

start game... play a little.... and re-boot alone, i push again the direct access and that message appears me:

when i play again, and that re-boot again, that say "Changed from 3000 mhz to 3001 mhz" and again try to play.... "Changed from 3001 mhz to 3000 mhz" and here we go again "Changed from 3000 mhz to 3001 mhz" :mad2:

and when i try to play the "battleship" (http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/1452/sinttulo2ae3.png) that load me fine, i press any key.... and here we go again rebooting alone :mad2: