PDA

View Full Version : Feature request for any upcoming patches

OldGeezer
2nd Feb 2007, 22:47
I have one small suggestion for an update patch on this great game regarding airplane control. Using the mouse is a royal pain in the neck whilst flying because if you want to maintain elevon/aileron positions, you have to constantly lift your mouse off the mousepad and put it down on the other side and drag it back, repeating over and over. If you just move the mouse once to acheive the desired effect, the elevons/ailerons return to center position almost imediately. This makes it kinda tedious.

If, on the other hand, you could move the mouse to the left a few inches, altering the control surfaces and leave it there with the control surfaces remaining in the desired position until you move the mouse back to where it was (perhaps with a small dead-zone along each axis), it would mimic the action of a joystick...indeed, a joystick would become irellevant. Taken to the extreme, to acheive a barrel roll, I have to slide, pick up and bang my mouse back down on the mouse pad so much I'm afraid I'm gonna end up damaging the thing (even at 400% sensitivity).

A toggle option to mimic joystick action with the mouse (move the mouse left, the plane rolls left and keeps rolling until you move the mouse back) would make mouse-flying a true joy. Either that or I'm going to have to buy a joytick specifically for flying before I break my mouse or get carpal-tunnel syndrome in my wrist, heh heh.

I hope this post only shows up once...I tried posting this a while ago and it took me to a blank page and the post hasn't shown up so I'm trying again.

timetraveller
2nd Feb 2007, 23:02
I agree. The plane's control surfaces should remain where they are when you move the mouse. I think it would make flying easier.

TT

antiSniper07
2nd Feb 2007, 23:31
A toggle option to mimic joystick action with the mouse (move the mouse left, the plane rolls left and keeps rolling until you move the mouse back) would make mouse-flying a true joy.

Not a bad idea for an Old Fart :whistle:

OldGeezer
2nd Feb 2007, 23:41
Yup! When I brought Battlestations Midway home from the store I figured I'd better take my geritol so I'm as sharp as a button right now.