PDA

View Full Version : WANTED! Old Farts!!

antiSniper07
2nd Feb 2007, 19:59
Specifically, PC Player's from the United States of America

Looking for a Central Point to play from? Too old to join a Kiddie Clan? Don't want to be bothered by someone else's Children? :mad2:

Age's 30ish and Up!

Goto Http://www.OldFartzGaming.com and Register!

TBoss
2nd Feb 2007, 22:10
Specifically, PC Player's from the United States of America

Looking for a Central Point to play from? Too old to join a Kiddie Clan? Don't want to be bothered by someone else's Children? :mad2:

I just put up a permanent Ventrilo server for that purpose. Message me your age and IQ and I will get you the Server Info. Looking for the 30 to 102 crowd :rolleyes:

Won't cost you anything ever, I paid it up a couple years ;)

Woo Hoo. I'm in!!! :thumbsup:

OldGeezer
2nd Feb 2007, 22:29
Too bad the club is so exclusive...I'm in Canada. Depending on where you are, I could be closer to you than alot of American players (and nothing is more important that ping-times). I'm on the southern shore of Lake Ontario. I've played online with NewYorkers with great pings. I'd never waste my time playing online with a Canadian on the east or west coast of Canada as they invariably have abysmal pings (resulting in extremely laggy gameplay).

You really oughta be specifying your state and not your country, as I've heard the US of A is pretty big too ;)

antiSniper07
2nd Feb 2007, 22:31
I was just trying to be Geographically specific. I am West Coast but play with a friend on the East Coast, we never lag. I have extreme broadband, probably the reason. I find if your US or Canada and all are on good broadband connections, theres not much trouble. Just got to give it a whirl

Whippet63
2nd Feb 2007, 22:47
hi i live in ohio i pm ya with my info hope to chat on vent with ya tc

antiSniper07
2nd Feb 2007, 23:11
hi i live in ohio i pm ya with my info hope to chat on vent with ya tc

I messaged you the info

SlaYeRXXL
3rd Feb 2007, 01:10
Hey Man,

i am a 30 years old guy from Germany and i moved to the states 7 month ago. I am not interested to join a Kids Club as you said, so i am happy about your post. It would be fine if I could join "your community" for some online Gaming Adventures. I ordered the retail version yesterday through Compusa and hope i get it as soon as possible. Till this time i will play the Demo. I will host a Server this Evening for a few hours (" Demo no noobs ") if somebody will join.

I am located in Woodstock, GA and I have an 8 Meg Tier connection.

For further questions don't hesitate to contact me....

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 01:25
I will host a Server this Evening for a few hours (" Demo no noobs ") if somebody will join.

I was with you right up to the Noob part. You see, some of us Old Farts may be Noobs. And there would definately be a problem if you didn't let me or any of my new friends play with you. ****

SlaYeRXXL
3rd Feb 2007, 02:32
I did not say that i don't let you or your friends play with me. ;) I did not say that i don't play with noobs. i hoped to play with some experienced players.... Do you think newbies don't enter the room because of the name? I have met many new guys there and i had to tell them first how to build ships or planes and so on.

tycobb79
3rd Feb 2007, 13:53
I would be happy if you could forward the info to me. USA, midwest and I am 103, a little older than what you wanted but I hope that doesn't sway your decision. J/K 44. Still learning the game here, but so far I am liking it. :D

Tex Vindictive
3rd Feb 2007, 14:23
I have Vent with my gaming group TEXCLAN. You are welcomed to stop by. I've been with them for 4 years and they've been around for over 8 years.

Stayne
3rd Feb 2007, 15:07
hey now im a mature 25 year old fart and i would love to get down with you guys. this game is based around strategy and cooperation and im all about it. Lemme know if I am worthy.

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 18:15
I would be happy if you could forward the info to me. USA, midwest and I am 103, a little older than what you wanted but I hope that doesn't sway your decision. J/K 44. Still learning the game here, but so far I am liking it. :D

info sent ;)

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 18:27
hey now im a mature 25 year old fart and i would love to get down with you guys. this game is based around strategy and cooperation and im all about it. Lemme know if I am worthy.

Not prejudice, more like tired. Most of the guys who answered this post are in their 40's. Were slower then you Kids. I know there probably is a Bunch of you that are mature and would work just fine. The Maturity is only part of the overall equation. It's difficult to explain, for I don't want to offend anyone. It's the way it is because it's the way it is. And at 25, you don't want to hang out with a bunch of Old Farts anyway. Just the fact you will have to remind us what your name is daily will get annoying. :scratch:

Good Luck, Live Long and Prosper!

falkonfive
4th Feb 2007, 01:55
OK, so I'm a little out your catchment area by about 3000 miles but if theres any other Euro oldsters out there who served as powder monkeys at Trafalgar like me then we should get together. Perhaps we could have an annual challenge match against you colonial cousins? ( Course, we'd give you a couple of carriers extra to make it even :) )

Old sea dogs within 500 nautical miles or so of UK welcome, drop me a line.

F5

chip5541
4th Feb 2007, 06:08
I would but having an 18 month old I have pretty much had to put MP games on teh back burner.

OperationPhoenix
4th Feb 2007, 07:27
that was pretty fun!

antiSniper07
4th Feb 2007, 07:31
Had a Blast tonight! Good bunch of guys :thumbsup:

TBoss
4th Feb 2007, 13:40
Had a Blast tonight! Good bunch of guys :thumbsup:

That was great. Some really good fights last night! :D

antiSniper07
5th Feb 2007, 10:15
Lookout World, here come the Geritol Generation!! :lol:

teber2000
6th Feb 2007, 12:43
Fellow Old Farts,
It was fun last night and thanks for keeping an eye on my ships so they do not run off the map while I am distracted with something else. I will hopefully hear you again tonight.

How did that four CV game that lasted for over an hour turn out after I quit for the night?

Teber / Bob

hragarand
6th Feb 2007, 14:08
Think I saw the Old Fart game server up last night while playing on the PC side. Was not able to join however.

Gamespy name is Piat14e - I have been playing WW2OL since November 2002 so I know what it takes to finish a map if you are familiar with that game play.

45 years old - NE Illinois - comcast high speed - will try to hook up tonight.

jwhal
6th Feb 2007, 16:09
Swims over to hragarands DD places satchel on sweet spot and swims back to the wwiionline forum.:rasp:

hragarand
6th Feb 2007, 17:40
JW - get your butt back to WW2Ol - I finally topped 11K axis kills in 4 years.

OperationPhoenix
6th Feb 2007, 18:44
Teber..that map was over 2 hours long!!And we didnt even finish it!!

As for everyone else,we are working on our own forum and Antisniper will fill you in with how to contact us there.

antiSniper07
6th Feb 2007, 21:10
Had a good turnout to this post. We have the start of a fine BSM community. And now we have a Domaine name to go with it.

OldFartzGaming.com , there is no website as of yet. We need an Old Fart with some PHP experience. :whistle: We now have a Massive Hosting Plan for the afore mentioned Old Fart to play with. You(whoever you are) will be working with our resident IT Professional TBoss(:D ) to get it up and running.

Thanks to all that responded and to all that will. Thanks to BSM for this Fine game!

Regards,
Anti

Tex Vindictive
6th Feb 2007, 21:28
As stated before, you guys are welcomed to stop be Texclan's Ventrilo as a meet up point. (25+ please)

antiSniper07
6th Feb 2007, 22:41
I want to make clear, we are not associated with Texclan. We have our own Ventrilo(VOIP Voice Chat), it's been up for a week. People get that info when they message me.

Thank you for your offer Tex, but No Thanks!

Tex Vindictive
6th Feb 2007, 23:16
No problem, game well. Just wanted to help. I plan to PM you for Vent. Thanks.

Lord_Zath
7th Feb 2007, 22:41
Too bad I'm 25 as well!

Though it was fun playing w/you old farts last night. Nice finding you guys out of game.

OldGeezer
7th Feb 2007, 23:56
Yeah I remember you being a definite threat to our war efforts, heh heh (I'm Geezertron ingame). Good game for sure!

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.
8th Feb 2007, 00:29
just how old is old to you lot ? :scratch:

been a gamer for 30 years. :rasp:

OperationPhoenix
8th Feb 2007, 00:33
I tell you what though,not to sound like Im patting ourselves on the back,but we sure have a good group of people for sure! I hopped into some other games late last night,and first thing I see is stuff like 'are you ***gots going to leave the game early' soon as I see stuff like that,I leave.

OperationPhoenix
8th Feb 2007, 00:35
just how old is old to you lot ? :scratch:

been a gamer for 30 years. :rasp:

yeah..me too...check out our site or pm antisniper!

antiSniper07
8th Feb 2007, 00:54
Our website isn't active quite yet, but were getting there. Wiping our DB once more and installing RavenNuke and a Custom Theme. Anyone interested should message me here, and I will get you into Ventrilo.

Cya you all there!

OldGeezer
12th Feb 2007, 13:30
http://www.oldfartzgaming.com is now online (thanks AntiSniper and Tboss)! Right now Battlestations Midway has a forum and ventrilo channel set up over there, so if you are between the ages of 30 and 102, come on over and join! Those of you who have joined in through Ventrilo should sign up as well.

And if you have any other games you'd like to play online with an adult crowd, once you sign up you'll have access to the Suggestions forum where you can nominate a game and if there are enough members who also express a desire to play the game, a forum and Ventrilo channel will be set up for you and your brothers in arms.

So join up, and tell your friends about it!

OperationPhoenix
12th Feb 2007, 19:35
Also feel free to hop in our games and meet us for some mayhem!

I usually host 8 player games 7 pm to whenever (west coast usa time) every night and we have a blast!

antiSniper07
14th Feb 2007, 09:52
Our Web Site is up and looking good. I wanted to tell the Community, even though we started playing BSM, don't think that's all were playing. We tried to decide on some target games, but that didn't work, everyone wanted something different. So we have decided to play everything haha. Leave it to a Bunch of Old Fartz to come up with that idea. :lol:

So if there is still a few of you OldFartz out there that's still playing your favorite game alone, come on over and see us. If we haven't got it, We'll Get It!! :lmao:

kerunos
18th Feb 2007, 13:48
Nice to see other oldsters out there, even if I am a bit out of your geographic area (I am in UK) :) Happy sailing, and "damn the torpedoes - full speed ahead!" as you Colonials say ;)

antiSniper07
18th Feb 2007, 21:12
FalconFive is looking to start up a OldFartz Community in the UK called EuroFartz, maybe he can post you some info on contact. :thumbsup:

Chaos68
19th Feb 2007, 04:41
just posted on your forum.. glad to see the "older" crowd getting together!

jeff744
19th Feb 2007, 07:35
I'm unlucky when it come to games, I get a 1 in 20 chance of getting a game just meant to be fun, not serious, and that isn't irritating (attempted rappers, rapper, excessive cursing, cheating, glitching, tem killers, etc), when I do find a good group my connection dies eventually, it sucks:( . I need to find a group of 16+ people that i canb get with. Or i can just find out where you guys are a mooch my way in, just kidding. But good luck with the games

Capt.Noob
20th Feb 2007, 15:34
41 and live in Ohio. Just got this game yesterday. Wow I really like it. Would not mind playing with you guys.

falkonfive
28th Feb 2007, 19:51
FalconFive is looking to start up a OldFartz Community in the UK called EuroFartz, maybe he can post you some info on contact. :thumbsup:

Any senior citizens ( i.e those who remember the Beatles ) from UK or adjacent countries who enjoy a slower pace more tactical game leave a private message. There are a few of us now getting together on MSN to arrange games.

falkonfive

Armistead
18th Mar 2007, 04:33
i'm an old fart and will certainly drop by. Do you do other games or is that another oldfart clan? I can remember having only 3 channels with no remote as a child...so I qualify. 42,,,or was it 41....memory going out at this age.