PDA

View Full Version : Is the retail any bigger? (multiplayer wise)

David Gilmour
2nd Feb 2007, 19:43
After playing the demo for about two days, I have realized one thing:

THERE IS NO ONE PLAYING!!!!!

There's probably about, and I'm not being sarcastic, 1-5 servers at a time. So that's about 15-30 people playing at once. As the title says, is there more people playing the retail versions multiplayer?

LtNasty
2nd Feb 2007, 20:11
I think so and as soon as I get my sound to work I'll be playing multiplayer with the retail version.

antiSniper07
2nd Feb 2007, 20:24
There's probably about, and I'm not being sarcastic, 1-5 servers at a time.

There seems to be some confusion about how the Server Browser works. Why you are seeing so few at a time is, they are only visible while filling. When the game is started they grey out then disappear from view. And they fill very quickly.

D_Tox
2nd Feb 2007, 20:43
David, the servers you see in the Demo are the same as you see in the retail version. You see both Demo and Retail servers.

Taskeen
2nd Feb 2007, 20:45
I suspect a lot of people are also have connection problems, like myself. I can get into the server browser and a game, but my screen will eventually freeze and kick me out to the main game menu. Very fun experience, haven't even been to try a MP game yet.

David Gilmour
2nd Feb 2007, 21:06
David, the servers you see in the Demo are the same as you see in the retail version. You see both Demo and Retail servers.

I have just noticed that actually, and there's hardly any retail servers. Maybe two or three at a time. Which is incredibly bad! There should be at least 50 servers, minimum! Maybe it's just bugged for me, as like I said.. There's probably 3 Demo servers and maybe 2 or 3 Retails! (That are open for slots).

All in all, I don't think I'll be playing this game unless there's a dramatic increase of success with servers!

antiSniper07
2nd Feb 2007, 21:24
All in all, I don't think I'll be playing this game unless there's a dramatic increase of success with servers!

How many servers can you play in at one time David? So how many do you really need to see? The list changes rapidly. I have a hard time clicking on one before it's gone. Your logic is flawed. If you saw 50 servers then one would think there is no one to fill them, wouldn't one? :scratch:

David Gilmour
2nd Feb 2007, 21:53
How many servers can you play in at one time David? So how many do you really need to see? The list changes rapidly. I have a hard time clicking on one before it's gone. Your logic is flawed. If you saw 50 servers then one would think there is no one to fill them, wouldn't one? :scratch:

Why would I want to play a game if there are no servers? That's exactly how it is right now. I have to wait around 1-5 minutes until I find a server that suits me because there is none. When I say there should be about 50 servers, I'm not talking about all empty... I'm talking about half full, and ready to begin right when I join. As I just said, there is none..

By showing that there is probably 1-10 servers shows that no one plays this game. It shows that it'll be a huge failure (not flaming) and that it'll be a waste of money.

If you think this (http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/1635/testya7.jpg) is 'normal' and 'ok'..

antiSniper07
2nd Feb 2007, 22:06
If you think this (http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/1635/testya7.jpg) is 'normal' and 'ok'..

In your screenshot I see 36 people in Started(Greyed out) game's on their way to play. And two very small servers waiting. This means what? Those servers greyed out says to me if you sat there 5 minutes, you could have joined one of those servers? Right? Why didn't you? :scratch:

David Gilmour
2nd Feb 2007, 22:13
In your screenshot I see 36 people in Started(Greyed out) game's on their way to play. And two very small servers waiting. This means what? Those servers greyed out says to me if you sat there 5 minutes, you could have joined one of those servers? Right? Why didn't you? :scratch:

Please, stop starting stuff. You know I'm right... that no one is playing this game.. So why are you debating it?

To your question, I'll answer it.
1.) The pings are outrageous, over 150.
2.) They don't qualify my needs. I'm not going to play at a server where it's just me and another guy. I'm not going to play at a server where the map is something I don't like.

Right as the servers open, they instantly get filled up. That's why they need lots of servers.. So they POPULATE the game. I want to play a game that is POPULATED. Do you not understand what that means? I'm not going to play a game with a whopping 100 people. That's a waste of money, and if it has a 100 people playing.. That means it's going to die, real fast.. Less people, the less servers. < Case and point.

David Gilmour
2nd Feb 2007, 22:15
oops, double post *stupid me accidently hit post reply*

ScottWAR
2nd Feb 2007, 22:22
Please, stop starting stuff. You know I'm right... that no one is playing this game.. So why are you debating it?

To your question, I'll answer it.
1.) The pings are outrageous, over 150.
2.) They don't qualify my needs. I'm not going to play at a server where it's just me and another guy. I'm not going to play at a server where the map is something I don't like.

I want to play a game that is POPULATED. Do you not understand what that means? I'm not going to play a game with a whopping 100 people. That's a waste of money, and if it has a 100 people playing.. That means it's going to die, real fast.. Less people, the less servers. < Case and point.

You have no clue what you are talking about. TRY TO READ AND COMPREHEND.---

Servers that are already playing ARE NOT SHOWN. Servers that are full ARE GREYED OUT. Servers that you can see and are black are servers waiting for people. Servers fill up and start so fast a lot of times you cant get in them quick enough. Sounds like too few players to me........:nut:

This means, when you see 8 servers greyed out, those servers are full, and about to start. What you dont see is the servers already playing. How many people have to tell you the same thing before you understand?

I never have to wait more than 5 minutes to find a server, get in AND start. There are plent of people playing,...in fact stores CANT KEEP IT ON THE SHELF ITS SELLING SO FAST.

ScottWAR
2nd Feb 2007, 22:24
Also, you realize.............. There are NO servers for this game......It is hosted on the host players PC. So start your own host/server. I think you will be amazed at how quick it fills up.

David Gilmour
2nd Feb 2007, 22:37
You have no clue what you are talking about. TRY TO READ AND COMPREHEND.---

Servers that are already playing ARE NOT SHOWN. Servers that are full ARE GREYED OUT. Servers that you can see and are black are servers waiting for people. Servers fill up and start so fast a lot of times you cant get in them quick enough. Sounds like too few players to me........:nut:

This means, when you see 8 servers greyed out, those servers are full, and about to start. What you dont see is the servers already playing. How many people have to tell you the same thing before you understand?

I never have to wait more than 5 minutes to find a server, get in AND start. There are plent of people playing,...in fact stores CANT KEEP IT ON THE SHELF ITS SELLING SO FAST.

TRY TO READ AND COMPREHEND.---

I know they all 'Grey' out. It's that there are NO SERVERS WHEN YOU LOOK FOR THEM.. Look at that picture, can you not put 1 and 1 together? Ok, seeing how you like to put words out of context... There are servers, BUT, they're horrible.. 1/2 or 1/4. I want to play 1/8, which there are none.. I have to keep refreshing.

I hardly doubt they're all "selling off the shelves' as you put it. Just because one guy made a thread about how he went to EB Games and the whole 5 whopping games were bought.. Doesn't mean they're ALL flying off the shelves. Besides, if there were flying off the shelves, there would be a lot of servers to choose from, wouldn't it? Again, case and point.

I wasn't aware you just host it from your own computer, and not dedicated server thing! But, there still should be a lot of servers to choose from... I don't care how many THERE ARE MADE.

antiSniper07
2nd Feb 2007, 22:53
As Homer Simpson would say, "DoH!" :rolleyes:

ScottWAR
2nd Feb 2007, 22:56
The reason a lot of people arent hosting 8 player games is because either their machine cant handle it, OR their internet connection cant handle it. If you want to play an 8 player game, try create game, instead of join game. Then set up an 8 player game. Problem solved.

But I must say, we really need a dedicated server file so people can set up servers for this game. It would make 8 player games MUCH better.

There are a lot of people playing this game. Last night I played for several hours and NEVER had a problem finding a retail server, with 8 players. In fact, as I said, several times when I tried to join they were full even though they just showed as 1 or 2 out of 8 players.

D_Tox
2nd Feb 2007, 23:12
OH THE IRONY! :mad2:

David, it is only going to get worse so long as people like you are sitting back and whining about not playing instead of ******* playing! Its almost as if you want this game to fail just to prove your right. Instead of whining about it why dont you become part of the solution, host a game or two, at least play some. Get your friends to play, spread the word!

ScottWAR
2nd Feb 2007, 23:13
Just logged on..... there were 12 servers accepting players. 5 of them were retail. As I said, you dont know what you are talking about,.....there are plenty of people playing.

ScottWAR
2nd Feb 2007, 23:52
Ok, I know what it is. Its a perception issue :D

Most games of this type have dedicated servers. This means when you join the browser, you see loads of empty servers, as well as half full and full servers. But you see all of them.

In BS:M, you only see a server if someone creates a game. Thus, you only see servers that are ready to play, not all of the full ones, or the ones that nobody is playing in, becasue they have been created.

OldGeezer
2nd Feb 2007, 23:57
The game just came out! With the great reviews it's getting, it's only a matter of time.

Also, if you see a half-dozen people or more in the lobby, ask them if they're having connection problems. Odds are at least a couple are. Alot of people are getting a "Nickname not registered or expired" error message when trying to log into gamespy through the ingame browser (as I did). Tell them to edit their arcade account and change their nickname, because even though they can log into arcade with it, it really is expired (you have to pay for a premium account for it to stay permanent). I figured there was something wrong with the game at first because "my nickname is obviously still valid...I just logged into arcade!", but it really is expired. Tried creating a new account but a new error pops up saying my e-mail address is already in the database or something like that. After finally figuring it out, I told several grateful people over there...so pass it on whenever you can so the few that are there can finally play.

Dang...I've gotta get out of here and go practice in singleplayer so I can kick all your butts next week.

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 00:06

That's exactly it, this is the concept he was/is missing. He probably plays games like BF2 where the Servers are dedicated, and is used to scrolling through and choosing Maps he like's. He's Young :)

Dang...I've gotta get out of here and go practice in singleplayer so I can kick all your butts next week.

Your going to need it :)

OldGeezer
3rd Feb 2007, 01:46
Man I wish I hadn't made that "kick all your butts next week" comment. lol

I just made my second run through the 3rd mission (commanding the Clemson class destroyer) and I've gotten my butt smoked both times. After the first two missions I was afraid the game was going to be too easy. I'm not afraid of that anymore. Now I'm just afraid of the enemy. I think I'll review those turorials now...:whistle:

Lemme rephrase my statement: I'm gonna pose a moderate challenge to all of you next week (hope I don't have to revise that again).

Maybe that's why there aren't that many people playing right now...they're all busy learning the game. This aint just another run and gun shooter...there's a learning curve!

I'm loving the challenge though. I'm sick of buying games and being done in 8 hours. It's a nice change.

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 10:09
All in all, if there were a lot of people playing...

There would be more than 2 servers popping up.

To back myself up, check out this (http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/). By that, this proves that NO ONE is playing the game.. It's obviously below 186 players, and if you think 186 players is a lot.. Then you are a moron.

I want to join a server that:
1.) Has a good ping (150 is not good).
2.) Plays the map I want to play.
3.) Has enough players (I'm not going to play a server that is 1/2 or 1/4).

There are no servers to join. I shouldn't have to wait in line and keep refreshing until they pop up. There should be servers. I shouldn't have to make my own. A guy said "Well, why don't you just create one?" Well, I shouldn't have to.. If there were people playing (you guys are arguing that there is) then there should be servers waiting to join. Not 2, not 3, but LOTS. I'm not going to buy the game, if no one is playing it.. As I said earlier, if not that many people are playing it.. Then it's going to slowly fade...

I don't know why you guys are arguing about this...

Bossman
3rd Feb 2007, 10:33
All in all, if there were a lot of people playing...

There would be more than 2 servers popping up.

To back myself up, check out this (http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/). By that, this proves that NO ONE is playing the game.. It's obviously below 186 players, and if you think 186 players is a lot.. Then you are a moron.

I want to join a server that:
1.) Has a good ping (150 is not good).
2.) Plays the map I want to play.
3.) Has enough players (I'm not going to play a server that is 1/2 or 1/4).

There are no servers to join. I shouldn't have to wait in line and keep refreshing until they pop up. There should be servers. I shouldn't have to make my own. A guy said "Well, why don't you just create one?" Well, I shouldn't have to.. If there were people playing (you guys are arguing that there is) then there should be servers waiting to join. Not 2, not 3, but LOTS. I'm not going to buy the game, if no one is playing it.. As I said earlier, if not that many people are playing it.. Then it's going to slowly fade...

I don't know why you guys are arguing about this...

There are no servers because most players are like you, they don't host games. I always host my games and they fill up instantly. I get no lag and I can play the maps that I want to play.

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 10:57
There are no servers because most players are like you, they don't host games. I always host my games and they fill up instantly. I get no lag and I can play the maps that I want to play.

Most of us dont have the internet connection or computer to host an 8 man server. 8 people simotaneously uploading and downloading a live game on a residential broadband internet connection is going to cause lag and high pings, especially if it's not dedicated. If not lag, there will be at least a borderline of lag where people would be getting spikes all the time.

Samsonov
3rd Feb 2007, 11:18
The game appears to be quite popular. You have to understand couple things.

GameSpy statistics does not work for games with no dedicated servers (like BSM). Otherwise you'd see it in top 15, if not top 10 at the time (my rough estimate).

Games are shown in game browser only while they are filling up and preparing to start. In my experience game fills up and starts very quickly, once it starts you can't see it in server browser (why should you? you can't join anymore).

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 11:35
The game appears to be quite popular. You have to understand couple things.

GameSpy statistics does not work for games with no dedicated servers (like BSM). Otherwise you'd see it in top 15, if not top 10 at the time (my rough estimate).

Games are shown in game browser only while they are filling up and preparing to start. In my experience game fills up and starts very quickly, once it starts you can't see it in server browser (why should you? you can't join anymore).

I did not know that, about GameSpy.. So I can't argue with that.

What I'm talking about is that there are no servers to choose from. I don't know how you all aren't getting this.. There might be two or three of them, but I don't want to play those. Either because they have a high ping, only allows a limit of 2 or four players, or isn't the map that I want to play. I shouldn't be FORCED to play something I don't want. Now, I could create my own server, yes... But, like most.. I don't have the right connection speeds and the right computer specs to host one.

There needs to be a variety in choosing servers. Which, there is not. You're forced to play at high ping servers or what I listed above. Can you guys not understand this?

I don't know how I can make it any clearer... It's like, you guys are too much of fanboys to even reason...

OldGeezer
3rd Feb 2007, 13:29
I wannit all...I wannit all...I wannit all...and I wannit now...

No offense, but you're coming across as a whiner. The game hasn't even hit the shelves in some places! You really oughta wait a week or two before doing all this complaining because most people are gonna want to finish the campaign so they know what they're doing and don't just make asses of themselves online...ahem...

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 13:45
I wannit all...I wannit all...I wannit all...and I wannit now...

No offense, but you're coming across as a whiner. The game hasn't even hit the shelves in some places! You really oughta wait a week or two before doing all this complaining because most people are gonna want to finish the campaign so they know what they're doing and don't just make asses of themselves online...ahem...

No offense, but you're coming across as an ignorant fanboy.

Learn to take a little bit of criticism. If you think this is whining, then you are one sensitive guy. I'm not going to pay $60 for a game just to play with only 2 people.. I'm not going pay $60 to wait IN LINE to play multiplayer. I might not be the smartest guy around, but I'm definitely not as foolish as you.

So you're saying it's ok if there is only one or two servers? Well I don't, I should be able to choose.. Not be forced to play at some German server. I know you're going to say "then make one"... Well, I don't have the right connection, nor do I have the specs to create one... So stop replying to my thread, if all you're going to do is flame me. If you can't handle the truth.. Don't reply.

I shouldn't have to wait a week... There is so many games that were released the first day and where FLOODED with servers. So don't be so stupid, and try to tell me that just because it's a brand new game, no one is playing it.. You're probably some old guy (hence you're name) who knows nothing about video games.. Why don't you play a few, you'll find out that I'm right. This game is a huge failure.. No one is playing, maybe a couple hundred at the most (PC Multiplayer). No, that's not a lot.. ;)

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 14:14
Case (http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9455/caseandpointwe8.jpg) and point (http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5169/caseandpoint2fy8.jpg)

If you're still wanting to argue, then you are truly a moron. This proves that there are no servers.. If you look at the first picture, it shows the only server that I think is suitable for me has a ping of FOUR HUNDRED and THIRTY EIGHT. If you look at the second picture, it only shows three servers. I would play at the 1/8... BUT, I don't know the ping.. I'm not going to go there, to only find out it has a huge ping.

There are servers that have been filled in, but, I didn't have a chance.. Because everyone is forced to play on the limited servers.. Why? Because there are no servers.. My point, exactly.

Samsonov
3rd Feb 2007, 14:14
No offense, but you're coming across as an ignorant fanboy.

I shouldn't have to wait a week... There is so many games that were released the first day and where FLOODED with servers.

I am not a fanboy, and I think BSM can be improved in many "elements", including the server browser etc.

However, I don't think the number of players/servers is small, at all. Flooded with servers?? Name ONE single game of THIS type that has more servers/players to choose from?

This is not online MP FPS, nor MMORPG - those work on different principles.

With online FPS games, like Battlefield 2142 (which I also play) you have:

- DEDICATED servers (ie. powerful machines hosted at ISP premises that do nothing but run BF server 24/7)
- They (servers) are available at all times 24/7, they do not "close" once the game begins. You (the player) can jump right into a game that was started 20 minutes ago. At all times hundereds of servers with thousands of players are visible in server browser, and available for play.

MMORPGs - well lets not even go there.... :whistle:

BSM. DOES. NOT. WORK. THAT. WAY. PERIOD.

BSM servers are hosted on people's private PCs, and are open only for a very short period of time, perhaps less than a minute, or as much as it takes for the server to fill up and the game to start. After that server is NOT visible to the "public at large" (but it does not mean people don't play the game - on the contrary: you can't see them EXACTLY because they are playing!).

Hope this clears it up somewhat.

Having said that I never had problems finding available server with decent ping (decent ping for BSM is IMO anything below 150).

Having said all THIS, I still think there is a lot of room for improvement in netcode, server browser etc.

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 14:18
However, I don't think the number of players/servers is small, at all. Flooded with servers?? Name ONE single game of THIS type that has more servers/players to choose from?

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2.
Why should it matter of what type of game this is? The genre of the game has nothing to do with anything... So don't be stupid and try to prove me wrong.

Pings make all the difference.. No matter of what style or genre of game! Now, I'm not saying 150 is a bad ping (Well, it is a very bad ping in FPS's).. It's just the fact that your ping doesn't stay one ping.. It jumps up, causing you to have spikes.. Then sometimes it jumps down. As I said, pings do make all the difference.. Lets say you're in a dog fight (manually controlled) and you're taking out his planes.. Well? If he has a high ping and starts spiking.. You couldn't get a clear shot on him.

You know, I'm not whining to whine.. I have a valid argument! I'm definitely not trying to start stuff, such as OldGeezer, I just want these fixed.. and if not, add more players/servers!

Samsonov
3rd Feb 2007, 14:31
Why should it matter of what type of game this is?

It matters, because of the way game, and it's network component, work. You can't compare games with vastly different network gameplay implementations.

At any time, for every available BSM server, there are at least 30-50 full servers (my personal rough estimate), that are not visible, with people playing on them. That hardly constitutes unpopular game.

The genre of the game has nothing to do with anything... So don't be stupid and try to prove me wrong.

So anyone trying to prove you wrong is, by definition, stupid? :lol: :lmao:

This is not a matter of being right or wrong. If you feel there are not enough players/servers for your taste, that's your personal opinion. However, your personal opinion does not mean the game has a problem.

Start your own server and see it filled within a minute => play. If you have to wait for more than 5 minutes for your server to fill up, THAT would mean this game has a problem.

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 14:36
Start your own server and see it filled within a minute => play. If you have to wait for more than 5 minutes for your server to fill up, THAT would mean this game has a problem.

I'm not arguing about how many players there are (even though my topic says so). If you have paid attention, I'm basing my whole argument on how many servers there are... THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NONE. If you look at my pictures.. let alone pay attention to what I'm saying, you will understand.

I'm calling you stupid because you truly are stupid... You have very bad grammar AND you make no sense at all.

I don't know how many times I have to say this:
I AM NOT RUNNING MY OWN SERVER BECAUSE I DON'T WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE A 400 PING. SAME REASON WHY A BUNCH OF OTHERS WON'T CREATE SERVERS. THAT'S WHY THEY NEED DEDICATED SERVERS... NOT ONES THAT ARE HOSTED FROM YOUR OWN COMPUTER

OldGeezer
3rd Feb 2007, 14:50
Yeah, I've had the game 2 days and I'm a fanboy. :scratch:

Dude, your last reply to me is proof in point you're not intersested in any kind of debate, you're not even considering the arguments people have made, and that you're just a whiney annoying snapperhead.

BTW, I've played every major FPS since the first doom came out, I prolly blew your brains out and chased/banned your complaining butt off alot of servers in every game from Duke Nukem to Counterstrike, to VietCong, to GhostRecon, to Battlefield to FarCry etc..etc..(assuming you've played even half the games I have online).

But by all means...whine away that the game wasn't designed to your liking.

I suddenly feel like a complete idiot for even talking to you, and you're even turning me off of Pink Floyd.

Buh bye!

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 15:08
Yeah, I've had the game 2 days and I'm a fanboy. :scratch:

Dude, your last reply to me is proof in point you're not intersested in any kind of debate, you're not even considering the arguments people have made, and that you're just a whiney annoying snapperhead.

BTW, I've played every major FPS since the first doom came out, I prolly blew your brains out and chased/banned your complaining butt off alot of servers in every game from Duke Nukem to Counterstrike, to VietCong, to GhostRecon, to Battlefield to FarCry etc..etc..(assuming you've played even half the games I have online).

But by all means...whine away that the game wasn't designed to your liking.

I suddenly feel like a complete idiot for even talking to you, and you're even turning me off of Pink Floyd.

Buh bye!

I'm only insulting you because you done so first.. What do you expect me to do? Just let you run all over me..

I'm not whining because it's not 'designed' for me.. Again, this proves my point about you guys being stupid. Designed? I never said I don't like it and I never said I hate it... I love the game, it just needs more servers. If you think by needing more servers, means that it's 'not designed for me', then you are one pathetic person! Stop being so childish and immature.

What does a debate have to do with anything about you liking a band? You're just some poor pathetic kid.. But hey, you are a fanboy.. Just because you can't reason.. You have to flame! OldTroll.

And quit being so arrogant

Buh-bye, little girl.

Ranek
3rd Feb 2007, 15:33
I'm only insulting you because you done so first.. What do you expect me to do? Just let you run all over me..

I'm not whining because it's not 'designed' for me.. Again, this proves my point about you guys being stupid. Designed? I never said I don't like it and I never said I hate it... I love the game, it just needs more servers. If you think by needing more servers, means that it's 'not designed for me', then you are one pathetic person! Stop being so childish and immature.

What does a debate have to do with anything about you liking a band? You're just some poor pathetic kid.. But hey, you are a fanboy.. Just because you can't reason.. You have to flame! OldTroll.

And quit being so arrogant

Buh-bye, little girl.

Yes, you really are proving yourself to be a mature person. I wont go any futher with that as you'll only come back and flame me and call me a little girl ;)

On the topic of you not wanting to host a server because people will have stupidly high pings. Most people who see your server as having a high ping wont join in the first place and those who see your server as having a lower ping will join. I don't know if you've tried hosting yet, but I'm sure if you did you would find that you'll have plenty of decent games. Even on low end broadband it should be possible to have a decent amount of players

Also, the game has just only been released, so most people are, as other people have said, likely to be playing through the single player still, or still haven't had a chance to pick up a copy.

Eidos should really release the dedicated server files anyway, 'cause then I can put a couple of servers up (I have a 500Mbps connection and plenty of spare computing power to run them ;) )

Have Fun

RandyConstan
3rd Feb 2007, 15:42
(I have a 500Mbps connection and plenty of spare computing power to run them ;) )

500Mbps? Who is providing you with a 500Mbps link? :scratch:

Ranek
3rd Feb 2007, 15:44
Ja.net via the university (I work on games research)

RandyConstan
3rd Feb 2007, 15:47
Sounded like something residential.

All i can say is glad that I have lots of bandwidth -_- not

Ranek
3rd Feb 2007, 15:51
heh, I have 100Mbps residential :p

Ranek
3rd Feb 2007, 16:04
Well its not too hard to get and its not expensive when you live in the middle of a major city.

*Edit* also, if you want me to keep replying, remove your sig plz

RandyConstan
3rd Feb 2007, 16:05
What city? What provider?

edit: =)

OldGeezer
3rd Feb 2007, 16:16
That's the second thread in which this freak has posted gay porn...somebody needs to ban his IP. There are kids in here you depraved goof!

RandyConstan
3rd Feb 2007, 16:17
Aka you liked it Geezer ;>

OldGeezer
3rd Feb 2007, 16:20
aka. someone oughta sterilize you so as to prevent you from polluting the human gene-pool with your garbage offspring...not that that's likely to be a problem anyways, sicko.

edthefirst
3rd Feb 2007, 16:21
i see millions of games on at a time (not really millions but close enough :D )
i mean i have tons and tons of games on there

weird for u guys but im sure a solution or patch will come about

RandyConstan
3rd Feb 2007, 16:24
I Live in London and my provider is the university. But there are still serveral companies around here that offer 100meg

^ Ranek please answer me in the forum next time, not by pm.

But I wouldn't consider that a residential connection. Shared throughout a university? ;)

Even if you did get a residential 100Mbps, good luck seeing that kind of throughput. Maybe someday.

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 16:25
i see millions of games on at a time (not really millions but close enough :D )
i mean i have tons and tons of games on there

weird for u guys but im sure a solution or patch will come about

Tons and tons? I'd like a screen shot... Maybe there's something wrong on my end, but not for me is there a lot to choose from...

For me, there's always only two servers I can choose from. I hardly doubt this (http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/3663/tonsandtonseo5.jpg) qualifies as "tons and tons"

Ranek
3rd Feb 2007, 16:27
I replied via pm as this topic was heading to isp land, which is not where is should be going ;)

Anyway, its offered as a residential and I only share it with my flat mates. There are other companies around that offer 100meg anyway

Samsonov
3rd Feb 2007, 17:20
I'm calling you stupid because you truly are stupid...

I don't know how many times I have to say this:
I AM NOT RUNNING MY OWN SERVER BECAUSE I DON'T WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE A 400 PING. SAME REASON WHY A BUNCH OF OTHERS WON'T CREATE SERVERS.

You're a moron.

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 17:39
Wheres my Geritol???.

"whiney annoying snapperhead"?? Hahaha :whistle:

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 17:54
You're a moron.

No, actually he's 14. Is there a Difference? It's impossible to explain anything to a 14 yr old, whats wrong with you? haha :lol:

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 18:16
No, actually he's 14. Is there a Difference? It's impossible to explain anything to a 14 yr old, whats wrong with you? haha :lol:

You haven't explained anything to me..

I have given you explanations that a 10 year old would understand. I've given you plenty of facts.. Which you ignore.. What have you given me? Nothing, except flames with an immature attitude.

Why don't you open up your eyes, look at all the servers.. Oh wait, you can't! There is none!

Answer this, you think there's enough servers? Do you think they should add a feature to have dedicated servers? Answer these questions, and don't ignore it you coward.

You told me that I should have joined those servers when they were open. Guess what, I'm not the only one trying to join servers.. There are plenty of people to try and join them.. Why else do you think they fill so fast? Because there's not a lot of servers to choose from.

I may be wrong about how there not being a lot.. But, I am right about one thing.. There isn't a lot of servers! Which, that's what I've been arguing about all along.. You wouldn't know this, because your heads been up your ass the whole time.

OldGeezer
3rd Feb 2007, 18:17
Hey Sniper... How far into the game are you? I sank my first battleship last night (4th mission), so I'll likely be ready to try some competent online battling in a couple more days. I hope. The training missions didn't really prepare me for the hectic feel it has! Almost thinking I should try some geritol. I've always been a FPS player too...always hated the RTS genre (telling little dudes to harvest trees aint my thing). But I could tell there was something different about this one. It is quite a paradigm shift for me...a good one though.

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 18:23
Hey Sniper... How far into the game are you? I sank my first battleship last night (4th mission), so I'll likely be ready to try some competent online battling in a couple more days. I hope. The training missions didn't really prepare me for the hectic feel it has! Almost thinking I should try some geritol. I've always been a FPS player too...always hated the RTS genre (telling little dudes to harvest trees aint my thing). But I could tell there was something different about this one. It is quite a paradigm shift for me...a good one though.

Get out of here you worthless troll. You just change the topic to get this locked, because I have proved you wrong..

Besides, why are you still playing games? You're ******* 40 years old.. Do you not have a life? Do you not have a job? How pathetic can one be to be 40 years old and playing video games.. Talk about being in a midlife crisis =D

Lets say I am 14, which I'm not, wouldn't you think it's pretty sad when younger kids act more mature than you? =D Just because your life is that pathetic, doesn't give you the right to go on forums and express how angry you are and start stuff with people. I mean, I didn't even do anything to start the flaming.. I just asked a simple question, and all you fanboys jumped on me like a bunch of kids.

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 18:33
Hey Sniper...

The first thing you need to do is put down that mouse, call your Senior Center and have them drive you to Walmart and buy a Headset :nut:

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 18:38

I'm sorry David, did you say something? :whistle:

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 18:43
I'm sorry David, did you say something? :whistle:

That's exactly what I thought.. True words spoken from somebody who has been owned. =D

Nonetheless, this game will be a huge failure. Even though despite being a failure, it needs more servers if it wants to stay alive... Although, it won't.. Because this game is very, very lousy (not gameplay, as it's fun).

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 18:59
That's exactly what I thought.. True words spoken from somebody who has been owned. =D

Nonetheless, this game will be a huge failure. Even though despite being a failure, it needs more servers if it wants to stay alive... Although, it won't.. Because this game is very, very lousy (not gameplay, as it's fun).

Then I guess that is your last post and last word. :rolleyes:

There's an old saying, I know because I'm old, "Don't let the Door Hit 'Ya, Where the Good Lord Split 'Ya".

Have a Nice Day! :thumbsup:

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 19:04
Then I guess that is your last post and last word. :rolleyes:

There's an old saying, I know because I'm old, "Don't let the Door Hit 'Ya, Where the Good Lord Split 'Ya".

Have a Nice Day! :thumbsup:

That's all you have to say? God, I love being right! Cowards like you can't face the truth, so they have to joke about everything.. For once, why don't you try being mature? I mean, don't you have some respect for yourself..

Ranek
3rd Feb 2007, 19:29
I look at this thread now and all I can do is laugh

Especially at you David. In fact only at you David

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 19:30
I look at this thread now and all I can do is laugh

Especially at you David. In fact only at you David

How so?

Is it because I give facts.. Opinions.. Don't start the flaming.. Is it because I'm right? Good reason to laugh though, excellent reason..

Hell, I look at this thread and laugh also.. I laugh at how immature and idiotic some people are. Especially you, sniper and OldGeezer. It's funny, you all could have disagreed with me... Hey, I don't mind that. It's just that you guys disagree and FLAME when there's no flaming needed. Then when you disagree.. You try to persuade to me that you're right... and you give no facts to back yourself up!

So please, if you're going to reply with a witty comment that has nothing to do with anything.. Don't reply.

Ranek
3rd Feb 2007, 19:42
Hardly a post of yours doesn't contain flaming and/or immatureness. You've even started going after people in this thread after they post in other threads.

Thats why I laugh at you

I suggest that you grow up and THINK before you post anything else. But then again, its obvious that you'll just relpy with another load of BS and claim that your 'right' and 'mature'

Now I'm going to go find a server to play on, and if I can't, I'll be creating my own.

:rasp:

P.S. If you actually want to see what I think of the problem, you should check the 2nd page

*Edit* This (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=616026&postcount=37) post ;)

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 20:00
Hardly a post of yours doesn't contain flaming and/or immatureness. You've even started going after people in this thread after they post in other threads.

Thats why I laugh at you

I suggest that you grow up and THINK before you post anything else. But then again, its obvious that you'll just relpy with another load of BS and claim that your 'right' and 'mature'

Now I'm going to go find a server to play on, and if I can't, I'll be creating my own.

:rasp:

P.S. If you actually want to see what I think of the problem, you should check the 2nd page

*Edit* This (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=616026&postcount=37) post ;)

I didn't go just to attack, although.. I'm not going to say I didn't mean to attack. I might have posts that contain flames, but I surely as heck didn't start them. I believe sniper did the flaming.. Plus, it doesn't help by me repeating myself 300 times and these people can't comprehend what I'm saying.. It gets very frustrating. I mean common, they're telling me that the game is jammed packed with servers! (Even though I give them proof that there's not)

As to your previous post, I 100% agree that they should add the dedicated servers. It would do a lot to the game, as I said.. There's no servers to choose from, everyone is forced to play the whopping three servers. I guess they could create their own, but majority don't have top notch speeds like sniper (or is that you?).. and plus, who wants to join a server where the game is choppy due to ping? The highest you can go without being choppy (in my experience) is around 130-135.

With the game just being released doesn't help the fact that it won't be populated... For example, when the game "Defcon" was released, there were tons and tons of servers to choose from. And there were even more that were full. Don't get me wrong, in a few weeks.. Word will spread, and it will be somewhat better... But for the 301th time, there needs to be more servers with better pings.

I know I keep repeating myself, but, people won't listen..

ScottWAR
3rd Feb 2007, 20:38
lets try it this way...

What would you suggest be done David? The only way to get a server is for someone to buy the game and then create a game... so exactly how would you solve the so-called problem?

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 20:58
lets try it this way...

What would you suggest be done David? The only way to get a server is for someone to buy the game and then create a game... so exactly how would you solve the so-called problem?

Well, I would have to say add in the next patch (assuming they'll do patches) to have dedicated servers. Meaning, you can goto GameServers or LeetServers and rent servers for a price.. Instead of having to use your own connection. This will solve ping issue, and servers would be very cheap seeing how they would be like $20 bucks a server.. So, there would be a lot to choose from and EVERYONE would be able to play.. Instead of scrambling to one server.

Ranek
3rd Feb 2007, 21:01
Heh, David, it seems that most of the posts before the second page where trying to explain the same thing over and over again to you but it seemed that you didn't understand or weren't listening. And then the flames started. Doesn't matter who started them really, as long as we all stop eh?

All things said though, I think we can all agree that Eidos should release dedicated server files asap :D

Ranek ;)

Bossman
3rd Feb 2007, 21:06
The game has been designed in a way that dedicated servers aren't really possible. You choose your side and slot in the lobby, not in the game which is why dedicated servers just wouldn't work. For the same reason RTS games don't have dedicated servers.

David Gilmour
3rd Feb 2007, 21:25
The game has been designed in a way that dedicated servers aren't really possible. You choose your side and slot in the lobby, not in the game which is why dedicated servers just wouldn't work. For the same reason RTS games don't have dedicated servers.

It is possible, it's just they either don't know how, or, they don't want to. For example, all the dedicated server does is host the server. What Eidos could do is make it so when everyone selects their slot, and presses "Ready". It begins! If there's a player who goes AFK and does not choose a side/presses ready in a certain amount of time.. It kicks him.

As you see, it's possible, and would work fairly well.