PDA

View Full Version : Joystick and views

jwhal
2nd Feb 2007, 03:42
Is there a way to set up joysticks and also views (like to hat switches) in this game you can't tell me someone made a game with planes in it without that ability?Not sure I'll go out and buy the full version if it dosnt support other joysticks then besides the four listed in game.Flying with the mouse is kinda lame.

imnotcanadian
2nd Feb 2007, 03:44
Yes,go to controls and reconfigure them. There are even preset control configurations for certian gamepads and/or joysticks (EXTREME 3D PRO here)

jwhal
2nd Feb 2007, 03:51
Dosn't seem to recognize my x-52 maybe I'll dig out my old microsoft sidewinder and try that one.

ErikNL
2nd Feb 2007, 09:52
Dosn't seem to recognize my x-52 maybe I'll dig out my old microsoft sidewinder and try that one.

That will work, works fine on my comp

Viper43
5th Feb 2007, 05:06
That will work, works fine on my comp

It won't remap any of my joysticks, including Extreme 3D, AV8R-01 or a couple of others. When using the presets it locks up the computer so there is something odd going on. The AV8R-01 causes all 12's to be assigned, and the Extreme 3D causes all ones. Very strange....:scratch:

hoom
5th Feb 2007, 10:30
I managed to get it to accept my M$ Precision 2.
Took some doing though because the game always seemed to think I was moving the throttle slider :scratch:

jwhal
5th Feb 2007, 16:14
Was able to map the MS precision pro.Mapped the views to the hat switch but its mouse view and isn't the same as a look right,look left, look back right,look back left ect ect that most games have for views.These views are essential for flying and trying to keep track of a target while in a dog flight or looping around to make another run on a ship.

Mikivaup
5th Feb 2007, 23:20
I to have an X52 and can't seem to get it to work in the game. I have tried to go to the Options/controls/Air menu and reassign it but it doesn't seem to work. Is there some other way that I am missing here?

jwhal
8th Feb 2007, 16:57
Is there any other view options or is mouse look all we get?