PDA

View Full Version : PC LAN Crash Workaround

justin3d
1st Feb 2007, 17:54
Well, we found a workaround for the crash that occurs when trying to join a LAN game.

1. Rename Battlestationsmidway.exe file in the Battlestations Midway folder. (I just added Full to the end)
2. Take the Battlestationsmidway.exe from the demo from the Battlestations Midway Demo folder and place that in the Battlestations Midway folder.
3. Run the new/demo executable.
4. Selcet your user name
5. The Multiplayer Demo button has been renamed to FE_pc.demo_multiplayer. Click on this to play MP.

I have only verified this works for LAN. You cannot access the Single Player levels through this.

Use this until Eidos gets around to fixing this.

goatman455
2nd Feb 2007, 16:17
Bump, excellent workaround guys, that is a very very clever workaround. Please anyone who has any info, let everyone know your findings.

D_Tox
2nd Feb 2007, 18:06
DOH! Any chance you could upload the Demo .exe for us my good man? I'd like to try that out but Demo is deleted and cant download it again.

chip5541
2nd Feb 2007, 18:17
Unfortunately not. Doing so is against the rules.

D_Tox
2nd Feb 2007, 18:33
Unfortunately not. Doing so is against the rules.

What you mean against the rules? It's the demo exe file, you know, like the one all over fileplanet etc...

MaxKarnage
2nd Feb 2007, 20:11
If your on broadband just go DL the demo from Fileplanet...

cit1991
3rd Feb 2007, 23:37
Thanks for finding and posting this. You saved our LAN party. Worked like a champ. And, we ALL had the problem.

Did EIDOS do any testing at all?

justin3d
4th Feb 2007, 06:10
Thanks for finding and posting this. You saved our LAN party. Worked like a champ. And, we ALL had the problem.

Did EIDOS do any testing at all?

Sure doesn't seem like it :(

I guess they felt releasing it for $10 cheaper meant they could release a half-hearted attempt at a port.

A7ESf
4th Feb 2007, 21:01
Thanks for the work around! I bought this so my son and I cold play against each other on the LAN.

justin3d
6th Feb 2007, 17:05
Thanks for the work around! I bought this so my son and I cold play against each other on the LAN.

No problem. We have 6 people trying to play LAN here and it was crashing.

MixedupJim
6th Feb 2007, 21:58
EIDOS just got owned. :lol:

nice work guys.

Out of interest though how did you work that one out?

darby7373
22nd Aug 2008, 03:32
How do you play the Sibuyan multiplayer map with this workaround?