PDA

View Full Version : 360 lock up due to lag? Your experience?

imported_Swing_Dangler
1st Feb 2007, 16:45
I've posted this issue in the bug thread. I was wondering if any of you have had a complete 360 lock up due to lag or disconnects due to lag?

My first game on with the retail version with 8 people, everyone started to lag, then drop. My 360 hung on the disconnect screen. No input from anything except the restart button. Have any of you experienced this?

suspect
1st Feb 2007, 17:19
Haven't had a chance to play 4 on 4 with the retail yet but the demo was fine. I played a couple of 1 on 1 last night with zero lag.

Did this happen just once if so might have been someone with a bad connection

oumagicbaby
1st Feb 2007, 17:23
I just played some 1 on 1 last night with no issues. The guy I was playing said that it told him to reconnect his controller once but he did nothing and it went away after approx 30 seconds. Might have been lag?

Lester Ziggs
1st Feb 2007, 18:23
to scared to go online with this one yet....I suck :)

xIGuNDoCIx
1st Feb 2007, 18:28
I played many 4v4 games last night (about 6 hrs worth) and only experienced lag in maybe 1 or 2 matches. Other than that I had a great time.

Churchills
2nd Feb 2007, 07:50
I had this happen to me a lot on the demo version but after 2 days worth of games it's happened to me again. It seems to only happen when someone else is slowing down my connection by downloading or steaming video. It shouldn't lock up at all from lag though.

a67ssrs
4th Feb 2007, 08:16
I experienced this numerous times on the demo, and a few times in the full retail version. it always happens between 12:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. EST. I have cable internet, about 4.8 mbps download, .5 upload. It's terribly frustrating, but this game is so awesome, I just turn off my 360, and start up again.
This actually just happened to me tonight, right as I was unleashing the final salvo on the enemy's final carrier (with torps on their way as well, gotta make sure). I was having a good round, too.

imported_Swing_Dangler
4th Feb 2007, 18:51
I had this happen to me a lot on the demo version but after 2 days worth of games it's happened to me again. It seems to only happen when someone else is slowing down my connection by downloading or steaming video. It shouldn't lock up at all from lag though.

I agree. Why should the code lock up the Box due to lag? You would think they would be able to patch this. If you lag so much you should discon but not lock the box up.

One More Gun
5th Feb 2007, 00:53
Happened to me twice, one time today. It was a 4 on 4 that had been reduced to a 2 on 2. Just two carriers and a destroyer on each side, so....
:mad2:

dbullsfn
5th Feb 2007, 01:09
This happened to me several times today. Also will happen when game does not connect. Happened today between 12:00-2:00 P.M. EST

Morter Forker
5th Feb 2007, 20:14
This has happened to me about 3 times now. It seems to lock up everyone on the maps xbox, as friends of mine on the map were not on afterwards.

Ray00
6th Feb 2007, 11:47
I played about a dozen games yesterday and a few of them (3?4?) were pretty laggy. Once it seemed like someone was using the [explictive deleted] standby(?!?)... I would have absolutely NO control... and suddenly the screen would start moving again and all the health bars would snap.... to where I'm near dead. Always against this one guy. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

The other games were fine, and fun.(I was nervous and still learning the MP bits; but everyone was friendly and helpful.) The game is great when the conns (and people) are good.

m t freestyler
8th Feb 2007, 08:57
the american to australian connection is so bad that every game i play lags except when i play with one or to aussies thats y i preffer 1v1 or 2v2

Ray00
8th Feb 2007, 09:50
uh.... I just tried to play a few(3) more... and got booted from each one; even the 2v2 *I* hosted. (and no, it's not my conn- all my other games work fine, inc COD3)