PDA

View Full Version : Nice: Custom matches also track stats and have a leaderboard.

Shamrock
1st Feb 2007, 06:07
I posted this in the general forum to, but wanted to post it here also. I think it was a great idea to have stats tracked and a leaderboard for custom matches. Now we can play meaningful games with our friends and know how we play and our accomplishments are still tracked.

I guess it really makes Ranked games worthless unless your logging on to play by yourself. Which is a good thing because hopefully "team stacking" in ranked will be less of a problem since most teams can play easier in Custom matches and still have a "Custom Rank" so to speak.

Churchills
1st Feb 2007, 08:11
I don't understand the difference between player matches and ranked matches. Why do they both have leaderboards and why are they both custom?

Shamrock
1st Feb 2007, 08:41
I don't understand the difference between player matches and ranked matches. Why do they both have leaderboards and why are they both custom?

The only real difference is in ranked matches you can not invite friends into your game. The invite friend/join friend is disabled. This is to prevent boosting, which is having 8 friends join a room and the friends on the opposite team allow you to easily kill them to boost their buddys rank.