PDA

View Full Version : X52 support

MUNNY
1st Feb 2007, 01:05
Still no support for the x52 by saitek? anyone have a work-around?

johnston21
1st Feb 2007, 15:07
Come-on Eidos, does the full-game support the Saitek X-52's & X-45's (& pedals) or not? These sticks are prized by those who enjoy flying games/sims. We just need a answer, one way or the other. I'm holding off from purchasing until known. :mad2:

antiSniper07
1st Feb 2007, 16:16
Hey...wait a second here. They never had those in WWII, that's Cheating! :rolleyes:

Obrieski
1st Feb 2007, 18:34
Use the programing software that comes with the JS to get them to work only way I see it possible.

MUNNY
1st Feb 2007, 19:45
Cant map the axis with the sst software.. what a shame I friggin hate mouse flying

whoopy91
1st Feb 2007, 20:31
do you have the trottle on neutrel ?

johnston21
2nd Feb 2007, 01:35
I had it on neutral when I tried with the demo.
-----
Edit:
Well, I submitted a (formal) support ticket to Eidos. Hopefully we'll get an answer, re: the full version.

johnston21
2nd Feb 2007, 18:03
Heard back from Eidos Support. "Not Supported". :(

Mikivaup
6th Feb 2007, 15:38
Heard back from Eidos Support. "Not Supported". :(

I don't find that answer acceptable. Hate game that "dumb down" use. If I wanted to play the XBOX version I would have bought the XBOX version.:mad:

MixedupJim
6th Feb 2007, 21:54
aren't you getting worked up over nothing. i've got an x45 and i've managed to map everything bar the rudder. Its not as if you need rudder control, nor a gear button, nor flaps, in fact up/down left/right & shoot is all you really need. I don't think i've even touched the throttle.

Also, this definately isn't a flight sim. flying is decidedly arcade.

It always makes me smile when us PC users get so worked up over little things. The game does support joysticks, but only the standard axis which is perfectly acceptable as you don't need anything else.

I've had no problem mapping joystick axis, mouse axis, inverting them nor anything else. Personnally, i can see exactly why they removed your post.

MUNNY
7th Feb 2007, 22:58
Hmmm Jim, how did you get it to recononize the axis? mine I can't seem to get the game to "see" the axis at all. Also I tried mapping left stick to A key ect. and that diddnt work in the SST software. How were you able to map it out?

Thanks

johnston21
8th Feb 2007, 15:53
I too would be interested in knowing how he mapped the X-45's Axis. Can't do that with mine.

MixedupJim
8th Feb 2007, 16:08
worked from the off. I just plugged it in a let windows xp sort the drivers out. I've never installed anything from saitek and i'm not sure what the SST software is.

chip5541
8th Feb 2007, 16:11
The SST just allows you to customize your joystick.

MixedupJim
8th Feb 2007, 16:18
oh right...does it allow you to map keystrokes?

Anyway, i have to say playing the game with a full joystick is actually not great and i gave it up for a 360 controller. The long travel on the x45 means you're constantly swinging it from side to side to chase other planes and it actually does get quite tiring. A game pad just seems far better suited to the game unfortunately, but i guess you won't know till you've tried it.

Anyone tried switching the drivers in xp to 2 axis joystick or something similar?

chip5541
8th Feb 2007, 16:20
yes. I was going to work on making one set up for my X-52 but other things have come up and kept me from focusing much on anything.

SeaTac
26th Feb 2007, 04:44
Anyone ever get the X52 to work? It'd be great if it could, I can't get the control using the mouse. It's too twitchy.

hawkeye52CJ
10th May 2007, 03:47
(personal attacks/name calling of members, mods, devs and/or publishers are not permitted and will not be tolerated.)

Semper*SKRAT1*
30th Jun 2007, 14:24
Hmmm just instaled the game, was reading through the forums and I see the problem I have with my x52 is the same problem for many others. Has there been a solution to this problem yet ?.

Any suggestions / comments ?

chip5541
2nd Jul 2007, 09:58
unfortunatly not. I have been meaning but havent tried yet to bind the keybaord layout to teh stick but haven't gotten around to it.

Splinty2001
22nd Jan 2008, 20:00
If anyone has worked up a profile for the X-52 or X-45 can they link it or post how to do it? I can't get the game to see anything except my foot pedals and it's getting aggravating!