PDA

View Full Version : Performance Issues

BBQQuesadilla
31st Jan 2007, 23:45
Hey guys, I recently started playing TRL on the PC and it's awesome...one problem however. When I play the game on my computer with all settings on (except for Next Gen content is off) the game doesn't seem to be running as fast as it should be, sometimes it will run well for about 10 seconds when I first start or after I die, then it gets slower, it's not bad, but I would prefer it to be faster...any suggestions to improve the speed and make it smoother? I have an NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS, Pentium 4 Processor 2.93 GHz and 512 MB of RAM with 91.47 forceware installed for my graphics card...whatever that does...THANK YOU

Lunideth
1st Feb 2007, 14:37
Its because of ram. Buy more ram or shut down applications to free ram.

BassViper
1st Feb 2007, 16:15
Lunideth:

That COULD be one issue but it's more complicated than that.

VIDEO Ram which you have to replace with a different daughter and driver, or even the refresh rate on your monitor.

The action sequences where more animation is going on require heavier number-crunching which MIGHT be solved by RAM alone, but can't gaurantee that this alone is the issue.

My system is rated top drawer by several game manufacturers but I still see slight slow-downs on busy maps.

For instance, the first map in Kazistan runs a bit slower for the reason of graphic simulation of the falling snow. Once you get out of the first map, it gets back to normal speed again. And running a processor/system analysis while the game is playing shows ME that my system is not even close to threatining RAM.

Back in the day, we called this a stack/heap collision when RAM finaly was asked to take on more than it could handle.

But you DO have a point...

Regards.

Lunideth
1st Feb 2007, 19:26
Bass im it by profession :)
Slowdowns are usually caused by ram. When game loads it starts to drawing everything and that way it need much ram to start. And Xp uses 200 right away so he has about 260 left. If he have many progs in background (like i do) it may take very much ram (my pc take 600-1024 ram coz it have so much s..t on it)
But as you said there can be other probleams too. It is impossible to know for sure.

BTW.. 7600 GS suck.. all Geforce GS cards suck they are pretty slow... rty to change resolution to 600x800...

And bass if it isnt secret can u tell ur pc specs???

pjkane
2nd Feb 2007, 19:32
You say that you have all options on except next gen? Well turn off Anti aliasing. That should give you a MAJOR boost. My system with an ATI X1400 went from 6-9 fps with AA on to 28-40 with AA off.
Well, i have 1GB of ram so that doesnt hurt! But definately try turning off AA. You probably won't notice a difference!

BBQQuesadilla
2nd Feb 2007, 21:55
you're right...AA does make the game run much better, but the edges on Lara are all jagged :p

BBQQuesadilla
2nd Feb 2007, 23:17
*having it off

ditom
3rd Feb 2007, 15:21
I have 256 RAM and I don't have any problems with game.

BBQQuesadilla
3rd Feb 2007, 21:08
weeeeeird...what kind of graphics card?

Lunideth
3rd Feb 2007, 23:45
If he have 256 RAM then he dont play with all effects... i think he play on 600x800 so it doesesnt matter what videocard he have.

BBQQuesadilla
3rd Feb 2007, 23:53
ahhh...thanks