PDA

View Full Version : H.L. and Vorador Changes

shlmysfb
31st Jan 2007, 20:24
I was playing BO2 over again and after thinking back to BO1, I realized that they really changed the Hylden Lord's and Vorador's personalities.

Vorador's they kind of explained - "reformed sado-hedonist", "new role as patriarch." Something happened with him to make him hate humans less and care more about what's going on.

But what about the Hylden Lord? How come he lost his sense of humor, and started acting all self-righteous? And why was he so amazingly stupid about Kain's abilities? He practically TOLD Kain that to beat him, Kain would have to chuck the Nexus Stone into the Hylden Gate. I thought the Hylden could see into the future...?

Either not-so-good writing, or the Hylden Lord was faking it for some reason...?

Turaziel
31st Jan 2007, 22:19
I was playing BO2 over again and after thinking back to BO1, I realized that they really changed the Hylden Lord's and Vorador's personalities.

Vorador's they kind of explained - "reformed sado-hedonist", "new role as patriarch." Something happened with him to make him hate humans less and care more about what's going on.

Perhaps his species fate, being restored to an actual substantial number before being brough tback to the brink of extinction changed him.

But what about the Hylden Lord? How come he lost his sense of humor, and started acting all self-righteous? And why was he so amazingly stupid about Kain's abilities? He practically TOLD Kain that to beat him, Kain would have to chuck the Nexus Stone into the Hylden Gate. I thought the Hylden could see into the future...?

Perhaps he feels that the final victory will be his anyway.
He also tells Kain that he will be back, even though Kain says he will be waiting. Because as far as the Hydlen Lord knows, future Kain is dead. Remember, when he possessed Janos he tells Raziel "...best of all, you murdered the Scion of Balance to get it. We've already won."
The Hylden Lord knows that Kain will die before his return, of course he didn't hang around for Kain's return from the Demon Dimension.

shlmysfb
1st Feb 2007, 00:06
Perhaps his species fate, being restored to an actual substantial number before being brough tback to the brink of extinction changed him.

Good point, although in the unaltered timeline of BO1, where there was no Moebius crusade, he still had the hedonist thing going, as well as the hating humans. This kind of goes back into my theory of Janos resurrecting him and having a chat, but... well... I won't go into that, takes WAY too long to explain...:rolleyes:

Perhaps he feels that the final victory will be his anyway.
He also tells Kain that he will be back, even though Kain says he will be waiting. Because as far as the Hydlen Lord knows, future Kain is dead. Remember, when he possessed Janos he tells Raziel "...best of all, you murdered the Scion of Balance to get it. We've already won."
The Hylden Lord knows that Kain will die before his return, of course he didn't hang around for Kain's return from the Demon Dimension.

On the other hand, he was still VERY convinced that he would be the one to kill Kain. So maybe THAT'S what he was lying about - he wanted to demoralize Kain; he knew he couldn't really KILL him.

Of course, that still doesn't explain the self-righteousness. But then, come to think of it, humans are hardly going to go for the "vengeance for being thrown into the Demon Realm" argument. Maybe he adopted that whole thing to convince humans to join him...

Still, though, I was under the impression that the Soul Reaver disintegrated and devoured him. That's what it looked like, and that's what Kain seemed to think. I don't think he was ever banished back into the Demon Realm - looks like he's resting with Squiddy now...:D