PDA

View Full Version : Full version bug report

chip5541
31st Jan 2007, 18:54
Cut sceens and the audio during the cutscene stutter (stop and start). Hitting escape to skip the sceen works and the actually gameplay has no issue. Once I got to the first air flight (revenge for pearl) I lost all audio.
I am thinking it may have to do with Blink that someone posted earlier. I will see if that works when I find the thread.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: MS-7100
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 360MB used, 2100MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6800 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F9&SUBSYS_025410DE&REV_A2
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: LG FLATRON L1720P(Digital)
Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9147 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/11/2006 20:42:52, 4496128 bytes

spectre01
31st Jan 2007, 19:17
in the demo verison, i noticed that the "Eidos" title video is a little stutter at the end. but the background video is fine. and i have the newest Blink installed.

chip5541
31st Jan 2007, 20:15
here is a bug in the Windows system timer code when running on some AMD CPUs. The easiest way to work around it is to edit your c:\boot.ini file with Notepad, and add the switch "/usepmtimer" (without the quotes) onto the end of the Windows lines under the [operating systems] section, and then reboot.

Done and I still get the issue.:scratch:

This is what I have now.

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer

Does this look correct?

BigPun
31st Jan 2007, 21:20
Umm.. I can't seem to find any games being hosted that are the full version. All I see are the demo games being hosted??? Why is that?? Oh and I still can't host a game.. Have even tried DMZ but still says I need to open port 6500 whatever..

justin3d
31st Jan 2007, 23:06
Crash to Desktop when hitting JOIN or Refresh in the Lan section

Description: After going to the LAN game section, as soon as the player hits JOIN Server, the game crashes to desktop. The person never gets to the server list. The same thing occurs if nobody is hosting and the person get to the server list (nothing is there of course), waits for someone to host, and then presses refresh.

Wow, this is bad. The one guy that can get past join crashes when he hits refresh. :mad2:

Further Digging:
- This appears to be related to the host. This only occurred for us when we had a person hosting a Lan game.

Repro:
1. Start up game.
2. Have someone host a LAN game
3. On another machine, go to Multiplayer
4. Go to LAN Game
5. Click on Join Server

Result: Game crashes to desktop.

We have tried this with different combinations of 5 different machines with a variety of setups over a very nice LAN setup. We played the demo just fine, but the full version has this issue for everyone.

Leadslinger
1st Feb 2007, 00:38
Wow, I was bummed I couldn't get the demo to work ...I'm glad I didn't shell out any cash for this load of...

I expect one or two bugs with games that have gone "gold" since producers expect to get a return on their investments ASAP, and a patch or two can add "polish" to a good product. But to see a poorly implemented demo and retail release in this day and age of game development is asking for a fast track to the bargain bin. I suppose if I see it there for ten bucks someday I might check it out then.

Adios

justin3d
1st Feb 2007, 00:58
Wow, I was bummed I couldn't get the demo to work ...I'm glad I didn't shell out any cash for this load of...

I expect one or two bugs with games that have gone "gold" since producers expect to get a return on their investments ASAP, and a patch or two can add "polish" to a good product. But to see a poorly implemented demo and retail release in this day and age of game development is asking for a fast track to the bargain bin. I suppose if I see it there for ten bucks someday I might check it out then.

Adios

I agree...I REALLY regret buying the PC version. No wonder it was price like a value title ($10 cheaper than most PC games). I have never had to worry about port forwarding for PC games in that last 5 years to play or host online games. Now this?

The main reason I bought this was to play LAN games with friends. And that CRASHES?! ug...

chip5541
1st Feb 2007, 05:21

Adios

Short memories. HL2 was messed up and many people couldnt even get the game to run because of steam and conflicts with certain systems but I digress. This thread is for posting issues. I am sorry you won't be enjoying this game because it really is a fun game but your post doesnt really belong in this thread.

chip5541
1st Feb 2007, 05:23
I agree...I REALLY regret buying the PC version. No wonder it was price like a value title ($10 cheaper than most PC games). I have never had to worry about port forwarding for PC games in that last 5 years to play or host online games. Now this?

The main reason I bought this was to play LAN games with friends. And that CRASHES?! ug...

Details please.

ScottWAR
1st Feb 2007, 05:40
Demo players can join games hosted by full version owners. This is resulting in people having a hard time getting games started. There is no way to tell the difference between a demo game and a full version game if the host doesnt name the game saying which it is. Then if a person uses quick join they can still end up in the wrong type server. This is about the dumbest mistake I have seen in a game in a long time.

How do you password protect a game?

How do you kick players?

Tonight we had a jerk who had the demo version and would not leave, and nobody knew how to kick him. We all left and the host remade the game, but of course the j@ck@ass joined again and refused to leave. It took us nearly 30 minutes just to get a game going.

gzr_groundhog
1st Feb 2007, 05:43
My wireless logitech rumble pad2 doesn't work with this game.

justin3d
1st Feb 2007, 14:31
Details please.

Did you look up the page? I posted this after posting a detailed bug report of what is going on.

chip5541
1st Feb 2007, 14:38
I see it know. Sorry. I was half asleep when I posted the Q.

-=BoM=-HyTech
1st Feb 2007, 22:19

I'll give you $20 for it. PM me.

WFC_Knight
2nd Feb 2007, 04:50
Demo players can join games hosted by full version owners. This is resulting in people having a hard time getting games started. There is no way to tell the difference between a demo game and a full version game if the host doesnt name the game saying which it is. Then if a person uses quick join they can still end up in the wrong type server. This is about the dumbest mistake I have seen in a game in a long time.

How do you password protect a game?

How do you kick players?

Tonight we had a jerk who had the demo version and would not leave, and nobody knew how to kick him. We all left and the host remade the game, but of course the j@ck@ass joined again and refused to leave. It took us nearly 30 minutes just to get a game going.

Well to kick a player is rather simple. But you can not be in the chat when you do this. You will need to "Tab" out of chat and the Highlight the player to be kicked. then Press "Del" on your keyboard.

I have not seen anything yet for creating a private game.

zycore
2nd Feb 2007, 18:07
These are the bugs I have encountered so far. When launching the game after inserting the game DVD The game will not launch. If I click on the desktop Icon for the game it will launch no problems. The Xbox 360 Controler for the PC with current drivers for the controler has no rumble effect while in game. Battlestations Midway seems to interfear with my screen saver/power settings for windows XP. After playing a game my screen saver will not go on untill I reset it and my power setting revert to "Never Turn off monitor" and I have to reset my previous power settings "turn off monitor after 30 min's"
The last bug is the strangest one. I have just been turning my monitor off when not using my computer to avoid damaging my LCD.

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 04:06
I was playing with the Yamato and firing the big guns at a US Carrier. Even though the guns showed green half way up the side of the target, the shells did no damage untill I was real close. So the expected range wasn't there. Multiplayer too

davehca
4th Feb 2007, 05:23
I'm having the same problem with my LAN. Of the two PC's I've tried it on, if either one attempts to join a game server hosted on the other, the joining game crashes to the desktop. :(

I've also tried hosting a LAN over the internet using a VPN. It worked just fine with the demo, but not with the retail as it crashed in a similar fashion.

Crash to Desktop when hitting JOIN or Refresh in the Lan section

Description: After going to the LAN game section, as soon as the player hits JOIN Server, the game crashes to desktop. The person never gets to the server list. The same thing occurs if nobody is hosting and the person get to the server list (nothing is there of course), waits for someone to host, and then presses refresh.

Wow, this is bad. The one guy that can get past join crashes when he hits refresh. :mad2:

Further Digging:
- This appears to be related to the host. This only occurred for us when we had a person hosting a Lan game.

Repro:
1. Start up game.
2. Have someone host a LAN game
3. On another machine, go to Multiplayer
4. Go to LAN Game
5. Click on Join Server

Result: Game crashes to desktop.

We have tried this with different combinations of 5 different machines with a variety of setups over a very nice LAN setup. We played the demo just fine, but the full version has this issue for everyone.

zycore
4th Feb 2007, 05:27
These are the bugs I have encountered so far. When launching the game after inserting the game DVD The game will not launch. If I click on the desktop Icon for the game it will launch no problems. The Xbox 360 Controler for the PC with current drivers for the controler has no rumble effect while in game. Battlestations Midway seems to interfear with my screen saver/power settings for windows XP. After playing a game my screen saver will not go on untill I reset it and my power setting revert to "Never Turn off monitor" and I have to reset my previous power settings "turn off monitor after 30 min's"
The last bug is the strangest one. I have just been turning my monitor off when not using my computer to avoid damaging my LCD.

Hey Chip any word on when we can expect a patch?

chip5541
4th Feb 2007, 06:18
Weekends are usually a slow news day;) I will keep my ears open and see if i hear anything.

OperationPhoenix
4th Feb 2007, 08:26
Not to sure if its a bug or not,maybe its just operator error,but some of us were noticing tonight that when you give your unit an 'order' like to a waypoint,or an objective,and when you go back to that unit to say check on it or what ever,you leave it again,somehow the ship goes back on some strange auto pilot that has nothing to do with what you told it to do in the first place.

Viper43
5th Feb 2007, 04:52
#1: Already mentioned, but when I put the CD in I can't start the game from the screen that loads after inserting the CD. I have to close it and start from the start menu bar in XP home. If I try to load it from the opening screen it locks up the computer.

#2: It won't work with any of my controllers. I tried to set it up for them and it always comes out backwards. Instead of the pitch up it goes to the throttle. And when I try to set it manually it assigns the same number. One controller (Saitek AV8R-01) comes up all 12's, another sets everything to 1's. :mad2:

When I try to use the default settings for the controller or any of the "presets" it locks the game up, even with the right controller picked. :scratch:

The computer BTW is a Celeron 2.93mhz 1.5MB ram

Burninator
5th Feb 2007, 06:51
Hey Dev Team,

Love the game thanks.

My bug report is entirely mulitplayer related. Besides having serious lag issues periodically (likely a little my network and a little the game i think) and some menu critques (ie too simple not enough options) for multiplayer, my main issues are / is that my computer tends to freeze exiting battles, whether I quit or the host disconnects or quits. I would say that this is the majority of the time at least 2/3rds. If the game finishes to a win or loss and I can review the stats and hit ok, then I have no problems and it loads back to the lobby. Rarely do I have loading issues when i get to the hosts' lobby and start playing, it is usually on leaving the game once playing. It usually crashes the whole computer unless I can manage to alt tab out and get task manager to end the process. Where it actually freezes is at the end of the loading screen to take you back to the menu or etc... This has been frustrating and mulitplayer takes a lot longer than it should, but due to some other factors out of your control. :mad2:

Some issues sometimes connecting to hosts, connections dropped or not accpeted and once the server list reloads the host is still there and you can try to connect again. Usually you can reconnect so not a big deal.

One other thing. In regards to the game freezing while at the loading screen to take you back to the menu, when I quit games because they have to much lag and the game freezes I notice that the program freezes but is still transmitting data. If I get task manager to end task I still have to manually kill the battlestation process as its still using my network. Trust me I have been patient and I imagine its code related to porting an X-box game to PC. I really do love the game, so thank you for it.

Beyond the freezing my only other beef is gamespy. I can understand the economics of using them etc... but really... i spent so much time getting my account all sorted out with them and everything BIG thumbs down to gamespy. It used to be okay its really crap now IMHO. It really p* me off and was actually a total waste of time other than I required it to play online, but the gamespy arcade program is useless in conjunction with the actual game and yadda yadda yadda. okay...

System Model: Inspiron 9300
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Description: SigmaTel C-Major Audio

OperationPhoenix
5th Feb 2007, 07:12
a couple of months ago,I pointed out some strange gun glitch that was shown in a video..well its still here

http://home.comcast.net/~operation_phoenix/glitch.avi

ChrisUK27
9th Feb 2007, 17:39
Full version fails straight away, will not run at all despite my system being up to spec.

jtharp2654
9th Feb 2007, 20:17
Full version fails straight away, will not run at all despite my system being up to spec.

In the same boat. Splash and main menu launch fine, but when I try to get into Naval academy, video goes buggy (sprite-ish looking) and I get audio screech, all the way from the lowest settings to the highest.

XP pro
P4 2.8
2 gb ram
radeon x800 / 256mb
drivers, DirX up to speed

Haven't fired a shot...

Dyn
12th Feb 2007, 00:11
bad sound effects, hope it will be fixed!

poisonworm
12th Feb 2007, 03:50
Hey All

Bought a Logitech Attack 3 USB and this game...

The only issue I'm having is that when trying to configure my controller in game for the Air section, the game is picking up the Z Axis (Throttle) no matter WHAT I do. The only way I've been able to make it work is install the Logitech profiler and actually set the BS:MIDWAY profile to neutralize the Z Axis (0 sensativity, 0 dead zone, 0 range). Very difficult to fly a bloody plane controlling the speed with W/S and the rest of my controls on the stick :P

Drawde
12th Feb 2007, 13:45
During the tutorial missions, the gamma level (brightness) often resets to the default value (1.00) after going from one stage of the mission to the next. The "video settings" screen still shows the gamma level chosen by the user (3.00 in my case) but the actual gamma level is the default one - setting the gamma level to another value and then back to the one you want fixes the problem, at least until it gets reset again. (Hope this explanation is clear enough)

I haven't played the campaign missions enough yet to see if this also occurs during other missions (although I am currently up to the 4th mission and haven't noticed it yet)

jtharp2654
13th Feb 2007, 19:21
In the same boat. Splash and main menu launch fine, but when I try to get into Naval academy, video goes buggy (sprite-ish looking) and I get audio screech, all the way from the lowest settings to the highest.

XP pro
P4 2.8
2 gb ram
radeon x800 / 256mb

Haven't fired a shot...

I fully uninstalled and reinstalled. going into naval academy, i can hear all the audio clearly. no video. black screen, but monitor reporting receiving a signal.

cpfc
13th Feb 2007, 23:01
had full version 3 days , first 2 no problems but today every time i try and join a mp game my computer crashes and reports that battlestations midway.exe has failed.in bug report mentions about my digital product id and ip.never had this problem before.(been at it for last3hours):mad2:

thanks

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/13/2007, 22:36:52
Machine name: D1D9GQ1J
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.060220-1746)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dimension 5100
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A01
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 462MB used, 1997MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found. DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Radeon X1600 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: Radeon X1600 Series (0x71C2)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71C2&SUBSYS_01701043&REV_00
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Dell E173FP
Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6660 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Date/Size: 12/17/2006 02:50:46, 263168 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys

Mini VDD Date: 12/17/2006 02:50:29, 1918464 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-3282-11CF-F769-7A21A1C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x71C2
SubSys ID: 0x01701043
Revision ID: 0x0000
Revision ID: 0x0000
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D ModeWMV8_B ModeWMV8_A ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_A
Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: All tests were successful.
D3D7 Test Result: All tests were successful.
D3D8 Test Result: All tests were successful.
D3D9 Test Result: All tests were successful.

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [CC80]
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_20061102&REV_04
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0445 (English)
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 8/6/2004 14:43:26, 366384 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Creative
HW Accel Level: Full
Cap Flags: 0xF5F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 4000, 192000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 64, 62
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 64, 62
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: Yes
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
Sound Test Result: Not run

Description: Modem #0 Line Playback (emulated)
Default Sound Playback: No
Default Voice Playback: No
Hardware ID:
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 81
Type: Emulated
Driver Name:
Driver Version:
Driver Attributes:
WHQL Logo'd:
Date and Size:
Other Files:
Driver Provider:
HW Accel Level: Full
Cap Flags: 0x0
Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
Sound Test Result: Not run

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [CC80]
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0445 (English)
Date and Size: 8/6/2004 14:43:26, 366384 bytes
Cap Flags: 0x41
Format Flags: 0xFFF

Description: Modem #0 Line Record (emulated)
Default Sound Capture: No
Default Voice Capture: No
Driver Name:
Driver Version:
Driver Attributes:
Date and Size:
Cap Flags: 0x20
Format Flags: 0x0

-----------
DirectMusic
-----------
DLS Path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\GM.DLS
DLS Version: 1.00.0016.0002
Acceleration: Enabled
Ports: SB Audigy 2 ZS DirectMusic Synthesizer [CC80], Hardware (Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal, Default Port
SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [CC80], Software (Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal
Microsoft MIDI Mapper [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
SB Audigy 2 ZS Synth A [CC80] [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
SB Audigy 2 ZS Sw Synth [CC80] [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
SB Audigy 2 ZS Synth B [CC80] [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
SB Audigy 2 ZS MIDI IO [CC80] [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, External
Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
SB Audigy 2 ZS MIDI IO [CC80] [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Input, No DLS, External
Microsoft Synthesizer, Software (Not Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal
Test Result: Not run

-------------------
DirectInput Devices
-------------------
Device Name: Mouse
Attached: 1
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a
FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard
Attached: 1
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a
FF Driver: n/a

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

-----------
USB Devices
-----------
+ USB Root Hub
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x27C9
| Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub
| Service: usbhub
| Driver: usbhub.sys, 8/3/2004 22:08:44, 57600 bytes
| Driver: usbd.sys, 8/4/2004 04:00:00, 4736 bytes

----------------
Gameport Devices
----------------
+ Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
| Location: PCI bus 0, device 30, function 0
| Matching Device ID: pci\ven_8086&dev_244e
| Service: pci
| Driver: pci.sys, 8/3/2004 22:07:48, 68224 bytes
|
+-+ Creative Game Port
| | Location: PCI bus 3, device 2, function 1
| | Matching Device ID: pci\ven_1102&dev_7003&subsys_00401102
| | Service: gameenum
| | Driver: gameenum.sys, 8/3/2004 23:08:22, 10624 bytes

------------
PS/2 Devices
------------
+ HID Keyboard Device
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x413C, 0x2003
| Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_keyboard
| Service: kbdhid
| Driver: kbdhid.sys, 8/3/2004 21:58:36, 14848 bytes
| Driver: kbdclass.sys, 8/3/2004 21:58:34, 24576 bytes
|
+ Terminal Server Keyboard Driver
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd
| Upper Filters: kbdclass
| Service: TermDD
| Driver: termdd.sys, 8/4/2004 00:01:08, 40840 bytes
| Driver: kbdclass.sys, 8/3/2004 21:58:34, 24576 bytes
|
+ HID-compliant mouse
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x413C, 0x3200
| Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse
| Service: mouhid
| Driver: mouclass.sys, 8/3/2004 21:58:34, 23040 bytes
| Driver: mouhid.sys, 8/17/2001 12:48:00, 12160 bytes
|
+ Terminal Server Mouse Driver
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou
| Upper Filters: mouclass
| Service: TermDD
| Driver: termdd.sys, 8/4/2004 00:01:08, 40840 bytes
| Driver: mouclass.sys, 8/3/2004 21:58:34, 23040 bytes

----------------------------
DirectPlay Service Providers
----------------------------
DirectPlay8 Modem Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.2180)
DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.2180)
DirectPlay8 IPX Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.2180)
DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.2180)
Internet TCP/IP Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (5.03.2600.2180)
IPX Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (5.03.2600.2180)
Modem Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (5.03.2600.2180)
Serial Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (5.03.2600.2180)

DirectPlay Voice Wizard Tests: Full Duplex: Not run, Half Duplex: Not run, Mic: Not run
DirectPlay Test Result: Not run

-------------------
DirectPlay Adapters
-------------------
DirectPlay8 Modem Service Provider: Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem
DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider: COM3
DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider: Local Area Connection - IPv4 -

-----------------------
DirectPlay Voice Codecs
-----------------------
Voxware VR12 1.4kbit/s
Voxware SC06 6.4kbit/s
Voxware SC03 3.2kbit/s
MS-PCM 64 kbit/s
MS-ADPCM 32.8 kbit/s
Microsoft GSM 6.10 13 kbit/s
TrueSpeech(TM) 8.6 kbit/s

-------------------------
DirectPlay Lobbyable Apps
-------------------------
Imperial Glory (DX8) - Registry: OK, ExeFile: ImperialGlory.exe (<File Missing>) LauncherFile: ImperialGlory.exe (<File Missing>)

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 169.8 GB
Total Space: 234.6 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Maxtor 7Y250M0

Drive: D:
Model: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 5.01.2600.2180 (English), 8/4/2004 04:00:00, 49536 bytes

Drive: E:
Model: _NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 5.01.2600.2180 (English), 8/4/2004 04:00:00, 49536 bytes

P8ntballr55
27th Feb 2007, 03:58
I have sound in the opening titles, and all the cut scenes, but not in the game its self. And how do I board the Phoenix in the first mission ?

itchy01ca
6th Mar 2007, 19:44
There seems to be a problem with the Sidewinder joystick driver.
Everything works great.. except for the throttle slider.
In the control selection panel, the slider takes control of everything and changes everything to slider..
when i try to input a key for a certain command such as entering a vehicle (lets say by pressing the Enter key) the slider takes over and inputs itself into the key spot.
A very minor issue but something to be looked at.
Also, im having issues with my ships disappearing off of the largest map view. When i zoom in they are there and the radar is there on the large map.. but i can't select them without zooming in.
Kind of annoying too.
I haven't had any major problems with multiplayer yet thank god..

gtwcmt.co.uk
6th Mar 2007, 23:34
I have posted a review /bug report/ etc
in the general topic, it would seam there are lots of issues with this game.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=623535&postcount=98

I think that some of the issue may be heat issue with systems, I was monitoring the game and while not playing but in the loby, the processor is running @ 60-65% a bit excessive, must be the video in the back ground which may point to bink video issues on some systems.

DVD dont load most of the time.
Planes when landed after giving them to people block up the AC ( no more landing or taking off)
Demo mixed with full game on multiplayer
Game crashes,

Servers should be seperate so that if someone dies they kill the game for everyone else.. Durr
I think that the whole multi player part of the game need re-designing as its poor.

Game crashes on loading, game crashes on multiplayer, PT's drive into other boats on AI and is badly programmed, DVD disc themselves are poor quality and suffer from being burn't at a temp that was to high.(I have to heat my DVD so it will work)
Big BUG - The cover states that there is multi player with up to 100...(we'll call them units) the actual max is 36 units.. WOW thats a difference.
Trading standards may like that to..****

The system runnign this game is beyond the traditional system as we build gaming systems, We have had only one single issue with a game, americas army as it was not written for XP pro 64. Every other game has played with out fault. until this game.

jseutter
8th Mar 2007, 00:38
While setting up my formation, my cursor suddenly disappeared. Now for the rest of the game, I have no control over the A.I.! This has happened a few times now so it wasn't a fluke, and I don't think it's my hardware since it doesn't give me problems in any other software. Oh, and good luck with the patch guys!

terhar86
8th Mar 2007, 18:04
On Windows Vista, I have freezing issues during gameplay that require me to ctrl+alt+delete to unfreeze it. It does not come at regular intervals, but it seems that it freezes between camera views and if i move the camera too fast or change menus. also it prevents me from playing multiplayer, because if i try to unfreeze the game, I am kicked from the server. please help me!

BrewGuy
12th Mar 2007, 17:19

XP pro
P4 2.8
2 gb ram
radeon x800 / 256mb

Haven't fired a shot...

I have a very similar problem, but I don't even get to the video. Splash and main menu both load fine as well, but after I choose my mode of play and it begins to load, I get an audio 'clicking' sound, and the screen goes completely black. I've tried this both in single player and multiplayer, and get the same issue. Once I got as far as the "Press Any Key" screen, but as soon as I hit a key, the same issue happened.

XP Home, 2 Gig ram, ATI Radeon x850 Platinum, drivers are up to speed (forget my processor at the moment, but I think it's a Pentium 4 3.3Ghz with HyperThreading)

VoodooMessiah
12th Mar 2007, 17:52
Hello, firstly i would like to say thanks to the people that made this game. Very good game play and graphics, nicely done and despite the few issues with it, overall it is up there with the good games we like to play. I just hope that the bugs will be ironed out soon.

I have the full version PC game.

I have had a few crashes, but graphics are fine (I run a 6600GT with an AMD dual core 3800 & 2Gig of ram) but will soon be upgrading.

The bugs I do get continually are:

When I try and fly a torpedeo plane, my screen starts to jump and flicker and I can't steer the plane. Then when I hold shift to activate the torpedo the weapon message flickers between machine gun and torpedo. I have to keep pressing the fire button repeatedly and if i m lucky the torpedo will release, however in the same game I do not have any problem flying the other planes and releasing the bombs or depth chargers.

At the end of the game when the victory or defeat message comes up, It spins out of control and zooms right in so that it is just a spinning blurr. I cannot see or select the next page tab to see everyones end of round score.

Anyway, great game and hope to see some mods and improvements soon.

PS>Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Also happens in the single player missions, so it is not a lag/ping issue.

EuT.be
12th Mar 2007, 19:30
The only thing I'm noticing when hosting is that my CPU goes up to 95% (CPU= intel p4 2.8Ghz HT 800FSB 1mb L2 cache) when i'm having bad folks on my server (eg: lag and stuff, normal hosting CPU load 70%) but that is probably cause I didnt set my Windows well (to many processes running, no memory/CPU tweaks and stuff)

About this issue, as you can read, it aint my hardware which everybody believes their problem could be, it could be even your OS that needs a tweak or something similair.

Not to forget:
System that looks up when unregistering the host after a sertain of maps.
OR
Services/programs that keeps on loading into the CPU when succesfully unregistered the host and quiting the game which forces me to boot my system. For which giving me a iritating gesture because I totally dont want to boot!

Btw, get rid of Vista, it aint totally no good for games unless you've got the ultimate version but then still!

Note: i'm mostly hosting games, so that is mostly where my problem is. I cant find decents hosts since every host where I have to wait for 15 seconds or longer I believe they are no good to play on even the pings reads as 25. I want Response timings, not connection timings!

shawnml9
16th Mar 2007, 19:26
After playing a game my screen saver will not go on untill I reset it and my power setting revert to "Never Turn off monitor" and I have to reset my previous power settings "turn off monitor after 30 min's"

I have this problem also...Everynight once a night game will crash BSM:exe error but then run fine after carsh strange stuff

Are we getting any answers from Devs? Or just venting?

Kai Robin
16th Mar 2007, 20:25
While using my laptop if I use the Duel Display Clone to display both on the laptop and TV the game will randomly crash. Works fine on one or the other, just not on both.

clockwork71
25th Mar 2007, 01:13
Ok,

My beef is the CD protection that keeps telling me that it is unverifiable. Great......sooner or later devs will relize that this technolofy does nobody any good.

Nobody is pirating this game, trust me.

Alot of times i can get it to work, if i open DVD door, then close again. After 3 or 4 attempts it works, normally.

But trust me, all of the bug reports are very unimpressive. Eidos will have to go on my "Never buy from them" list.

Money talks everything else walks. If you guys arent happen, never buy from them again, they will go out of business, and then its never a problem again.

Thats the beauty of capitalism baby!

Psychocat
28th Mar 2007, 10:02
Hi, i have problems in the singleplayer mode: The screen freezes, i have to go back to windows and then again in the game, the problem is fixed for 5 seconds, and it starts again. I bought this game yesterday for 50EUR, and it already bores me.

This is my computer info:

Windows Vista Edition Familiale Premium (6.0, version 6000)
Packard Bell BV
Easynote_MX67
Intel Core 2CPU
2046 MB RAM

HELP ME!:mad2:

chip5541
28th Mar 2007, 17:49
Vista....:scratch: There are issues with Vista and drivers for the graphic cards. The newest beta set should fix many problems for Vista users.

Psychocat
28th Mar 2007, 21:42
Where can I download this set?

Chlo
30th Mar 2007, 18:25
with the game crashing or locking up the pc so much, I have sent dozens of error reports to Microsoft.
Do the developers benefit from that in any way, or is it a waste of time ?
Great game, but so bugged, hope you get the fix out soon.

Chlo
6th Apr 2007, 23:49
downloaded the patch yesterday, now can't get on any server, and people don't seem to be able to reach mine.

Dogmeatz
7th Apr 2007, 03:10
CHLO i had same thing, i changed my modem form direct mode to router mode now its fixed.....

Chlo
7th Apr 2007, 11:58
see, i don't use a router, i have a cable modem and a switch.
I read your report earlier on this forum, but as i don't have a router, your solution didn't apply to me.
Lots of people are having this problem with the patch.
People are getting fed up with Eidos and BS:M, because they don't seem to test their software before releasing it.

Dogmeatz
8th Apr 2007, 06:32
Dang sorry it didn't help your circumstance...

Product testing of patches is somthing that seems to becoming increasingly difficult and erratic, not just Edios, look at Total War and EA BF series there have been some major patch screwups there as well.. i blame Vista myself ;)

Better note it down since this is bug Forum...

BUG in NEW Patch - couldn't connect to games after patching, could host but no1 could join "the server is not available at this time" message.
Solution - changed my dsl modem from direct to router mode (fwd ports etc) now i can Host and Join fine. I could host and join in 1.1 in direct mode for modem so definitely a bug from patch........

Chlo
8th Apr 2007, 14:05
the only solution for now was to uninstall the patched game, and install the original game version again. That works, still quite a few servers, many people not aware yet of the patch, lucky for them :D .
Funny thing, if you read the website, you get a number of ports listed that should be open if you are behind a NAT but when I check my open ports with IPTools, the ports are different ones (27900, 28900, 29900, 29901, 13139, 6515, and for hosting 6500, 1042, 2302 are listed, IPTools shows 29900 but the rest are all different). Not that I am behind a NAT, I use cable modem and switch.
There was a remark on this forum about the patch not offering the choice of where to install it (for example on d: instead of c: drive). That is correct, the patch does not offer that choice. I'm going to install a raid (striping) soon with only 2 drives, I wonder if I will get the same problem, not being able to install the patch due to raid not being called c:. But as long as there is not a new and better patch out, maybe I won't install the patch again anyway.

Arrow
16th Oct 2007, 22:47
Difficult to get a screenshot of because of the nature of the bug. At first, it appears as though the B-17s have bomb bay doors that flicker between opened and closed. It doesn't do anything to the B-17s, but the same effect occurs in torpedo bombers, only it is their landing gears that flicker between deployed and retracted.

The problem with the Avengers arises when I take control of one. The game becomes jerky and flickers between the game screen and "Please Wait". As a result I can't torpedo bomb anything.

In addition, for some reason I cannot properly remap the periscope controls, and no matter what I set them to my periscope does not rise.

The bomber issue is prevalent in both the campaign and the Academy, and I haven't had the chance to see if the sub issue is in both yet.

EDIT - changing the graphics settings does nothing, as I just reduced everything to its lowest possible setting to no effect

EDIT 2 - Fixed the flickering stuff. Apparently it's due to my dual-core processor attempting to run on both simultaneously. Still having issues with the periscope though. Actually, I'd appreciate it if there was a way to make it run on one processor by default, instead of having to change affinity every time I fire up.

W4lt3r89
6th Mar 2008, 16:27
Lately i've been encountering an very annoying bug, and i'll do my best to explain it.

This bug didnt have any specific map where it occurred, but sometimes when i issue one of my ships to follow another one. I jump into this another one's driver's seat and want to set up a formation.

When i open the formation "window", the following ship's position is strangely inside the lead ship. When i try to fix this by changing the formation's position for the #2 ship, my mouse cursor disappears and wont come back until i reboot the whole game..

Also my specs are way above the recommended.

Vista 32 bit
5.2 GHZ Processor power from dual-core unit going at 2.6 GHZ
Ati Radeon 3870 HD Graph driver with 512 MT DDR4 memory
3 GB of Ram memory
No sound issues so i dont have to add more.

Also if this happens to be a lag issue, i had constantly the green marker for the host, alongside with all other ones.
But my Net speed is 2MB/1MB ratios, so i doubt it's a lag issue..

I have thoughts that this is a Vista issue.

Thank you.

raston
6th Mar 2008, 17:16
Lately i've been encountering an very annoying bug, and i'll do my best to explain it.

This bug didnt have any specific map where it occurred, but sometimes when i issue one of my ships to follow another one. I jump into this another one's driver's seat and want to set up a formation.

When i open the formation "window", the following ship's position is strangely inside the lead ship. When i try to fix this by changing the formation's position for the #2 ship, my mouse cursor disappears and wont come back until i reboot the whole game..

Also my specs are way above the recommended.

Vista 32 bit
5.2 GHZ Processor power from dual-core unit going at 2.6 GHZ
Ati Radeon 3870 HD Graph driver with 512 MT DDR4 memory
3 GB of Ram memory
No sound issues so i dont have to add more.

Also if this happens to be a lag issue, i had constantly the green marker for the host, alongside with all other ones.
But my Net speed is 2MB/1MB ratios, so i doubt it's a lag issue..

I have thoughts that this is a Vista issue.

Thank you.

This happens on 1 or 2 maps.....mainly found it playing from the mushy on subyain....its just 1 of those annoying bugs....only way 2 over come it is to move your 2 dd,s a way from the mushy for a few hundered yards and then create a fleet.

Arrow
6th Mar 2008, 21:16
I encountered this bug too. Try going back and forth from the formation screen until it comes back. I HAVE had it come back though, so it's not impossible to fix.

com345
7th Mar 2008, 19:42
yes that one is known since the beginning i always had to restart BSM to get my mousecursor back

but when you know how it happens you can avoid it like raston said already

-=)CSF(=-Haruna