PDA

View Full Version : Unable to login

menace2
30th Jan 2007, 23:01
For some reason I am unable to login or play the game. I have an account on gamespy, but in the main lobby I can't see any games to join and play. When I try to login on Battlestations: Midway, it shows me this:

http://i15.tinypic.com/2re73fa.jpg

http://i7.tinypic.com/4377ubm.jpg

When I hit the register button, I get this screen but nothing happens.

http://i7.tinypic.com/2q1x6k1.jpg

Can anyone give me some help?

Ranek
30th Jan 2007, 23:18
I'm currently having the same problem

Iron Sound
30th Jan 2007, 23:30
same deal

most advanced I get is a username/account error. Which is total bullsh1t.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=64857&page=3

GOD I HATE GAMESPY!

HOW MUCH WAS THE CONTRACT WORTH EIDOS!???? :mad2:

getsome
30th Jan 2007, 23:56
same problem here.
cannot be config problem at my end as all other gamespy account games work fine without "special configuration". My only thought is that gamespy isnt ready for the BSMidway logins which would be quite slack IMO.
I hope this problem is sorted out soon as i have been waiting for this game for awhile and (as like ea's bf2142) if the demo doesnt work i simply will not be bothering to purchase the actual game.
If demos are meant to be a try before you buy marketting tool then why would anyone want to by another game that has problems from the demo stage?

menace2
30th Jan 2007, 23:58
what i wonder is why this is a multiplayer only demo. why would it not have single player as well, for those of us that cant connect?

richman
31st Jan 2007, 00:11
I can not find server... have gamespy account and loged in.

I didn't install a 500 meg proggy for nothing. If you want to make a sale please adivise.

thanks

-TEA-Darius
31st Jan 2007, 00:37
I get "Unregistered or expired nickname". I tried creating a new gamespy account with only one profile but no change.

Also, once it fails to login every time I try after it says "Unable to connect" and I have to quit and reload the demo to try again - GENIUS! (a tcpdump shows that the demo is at fault as it generates no more packets after the login failure).

Maybe I'll try Hamachi since that is less brain damaged that Gamespy.

cjusmc15
31st Jan 2007, 00:43
well if thats all your entering well then of course your not going to get signed in. your missing your unique name, which is normally just your real name, and e-mail address. i haven't had any trouble with gamespy yet. i just went in the first time and entered all my gamespy account info and hit save and it worked. are you even registered with gamespy, cause i've found a lot of people who try to login into gamespy with no account. just go to their website and register if you haven't.

menace2
31st Jan 2007, 01:03
i have a gamespy account =.=

entered the rest of the info. still will not work.

here are screenshots of what it told me after i tried to login after filling out the other areas.

when i clicked register
http://i7.tinypic.com/30be146.jpg

when i clicked login
http://i15.tinypic.com/30csihh.jpg

cjusmc15
31st Jan 2007, 01:14
well then i guess your screwed:lol:, because this game is amazingly awesome. but you should still buy the full game. demos are never like the real thing. plus full game has more to do then just multiplayer.try switching your nickname and unique name. cause i had them switched up at first. then i switched them and it worked. but other then that, good luck:thumbsup: .

menace2
31st Jan 2007, 01:50
i put my real name for unique name, i put my preferred screenname (same as the gamespy one) in the nickname. i am still wondering though why the demo is only multiplayer online, with no offline single player to play.

EDIT:well, just got closer. editted my gamespy account name and edited the one on BSM to match the new one, and managed to get to the create/join server and quick match screen. tried to click one of them, and it told me connection was lost.

snoopey
31st Jan 2007, 02:01
will hey is saturday and the devs still havnt #$@$in fixed this problem, WHATS UR EXCUSE NOW??? its not the weekend anymore, but serouisly if this is going to be how the multiplayer will be then im not buying this game

menace2
31st Jan 2007, 02:08
YAY! it works now!
now to figure out how to launch plains. ive got AA gunnery down.....

chip5541
31st Jan 2007, 04:52
will hey is saturday and the devs still havnt #$@$in fixed this problem, WHATS UR EXCUSE NOW??? its not the weekend anymore, but serouisly if this is going to be how the multiplayer will be then im not buying this game

Patience. You don't want them rushing out a patch that isn't tested.

cjusmc15
31st Jan 2007, 12:23
just press shift when in the airfields or shipyards. then click in one of the numbered boxes and at the bottom it says "none". when you highlight it there will be two arrows on either side, click those to deploy planes/ships and hit launch. and use q and e to switch between deployed units and airfilds/shipyards. helps if you use tab to go to the tactical map when your units are deployed, easier to give orders, just click on unit and right click on enemy.

whoopy91
31st Jan 2007, 13:51
OK , everybody SHUT UP NOW
I have fixed it

1. dont register in game, install gamespy arcade, login/register there, and he will ask for your quick name, just fill in 1

2.unable too connect problem, make sure you filled everything right in, if you have, open these 12 ports:
TCP

UDP
(thanks col.Falcon)

3. if you still cant connect, disable your firewall (norton etz) make sure you disable the microsoft firewall too

4.now you should be able too connect, if you want too join, and it says, that connection is lost, and you have done all things what stand here above

you should leave the demo...............becouse it will never work

richman
1st Feb 2007, 12:43
OK , everybody SHUT UP NOW
I have fixed it

1. dont register in game, install gamespy arcade, login/register there, and he will ask for your quick name, just fill in 1

2.unable too connect problem, make sure you filled everything right in, if you have, open these 12 ports:
TCP

UDP
(thanks col.Falcon)

3. if you still cant connect, disable your firewall (norton etz) make sure you disable the microsoft firewall too

4.now you should be able too connect, if you want too join, and it says, that connection is lost, and you have done all things what stand here above

you should leave the demo...............becouse it will never work

:nut: you must be crazy. take down your firewalls, open ports?

:mad2: you must think we're stupid.... no game worth it.

:lmao: fix the game!!!

Taskeen
1st Feb 2007, 14:01
I had trouble figuring it out at first, but it works for me now. I tried logging in when using the MP demo, but gave up. The "nickname" at the very top is your account name, while the unique name is how it will appear in-game. I did not realize this at first :mad2:.

Everything seems to be working fine now, since I can actually see games. I am also behind a router and have not needed to forward any ports or do any other special things.

snoopey
2nd Feb 2007, 00:19
ok man we dont need to do this #$%# its the devs job, so stop telling people to fix the problem cause people like myself are to lazy and dont have the time too!!!!:lol:

richman
2nd Feb 2007, 12:51
how about this novel idea. maybe a rep from BS helps us. maybe we're doing something wrong. or maybe someone could give a link to a solution.

lets be contructive here. thanks

chippxero
3rd Feb 2007, 09:23
same issue

never had a problem with any other game that uses gamespy.

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 17:22
I try, but just don't have the patience. This entire thread is meaningless. I or others have solved/answered these posts, over and over, many times before. Everything in this thread is fixable, they don't need Patches, they need glasses!

Sorry, had an "Old Fart" moment! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :whistle:

chip5541
3rd Feb 2007, 18:14
lol.. we all have those moments.:rasp:

richman
4th Feb 2007, 12:46
I try, but just don't have the patience. This entire thread is meaningless. I or others have solved/answered these posts, over and over, many times before. Everything in this thread is fixable, they don't need Patches, they need glasses!

Sorry, had an "Old Fart" moment! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :whistle:

Oh great, good to hear, wow that is fantastic!

Now can you give us a link/forum, if not then stop making "this thread useless."

If this is not asking too much.:o

OldGeezer
4th Feb 2007, 15:37
To make it perfectly clear for anyone struggling to log in...there seem to be two separate problems. The first has to do with ports and/or routers. I never had that problem so I can't specify the fix but it has been mentioned in here and in the Eidos support pages (easy to find).

The second pertains to a "Nickname unregistered or expired" error. The fix for that is simple to. It means you've had a gamespy account registered with your e-mail address for some amount of time already. Don't bother trying to create a new account with the same e-mail address as gamespy will tell you you already have an account under that adress. Just log into gamespy's website or gamespy arcade, edit your account to change the nickname and that's it. I know it's weird that you can log into gamespy arcade/website with the current nickname, but it won't work in games. Once you change your nickname, log out from the website/arcade, fire up the game, and you can now log in (with your new nickname).

The reason is you have to pay for a premium account for your nickname to never expire. Go figure.

ScottWAR
4th Feb 2007, 18:17
Oh great, good to hear, wow that is fantastic!

Now can you give us a link/forum, if not then stop making "this thread useless."

If this is not asking too much.:o

Try "search" at the top of the page.

ScottWAR
4th Feb 2007, 18:22
:nut: you must be crazy. take down your firewalls, open ports?

:mad2: you must think we're stupid.... no game worth it.

:lmao: fix the game!!!

If you have a router MOST multiplayer games are not going to work without allowing exceptions to your firewall, and they will never work if the ports they use are closed. Ther is no "fix" for the game that will allow it to communicate over ports you have closed. Either open the necessary ports, or dont play the game online, those are your only choices.

richman
5th Feb 2007, 12:48
Thank you very much, I will give it a try.:D