PDA

View Full Version : I guess..this is another reason why it shouldn't be on PS3..(maybe/maybe not)

Joshorty
30th Jan 2007, 06:38
Click here to read (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164899.html?tag=nl.e513)

I honestly dunno what to say to that - 50 PERCENT IS HUGE.

Don't get me wrong people, I like PS2 A LOT and even way back from PS1 - in fact, being TOMB RAIDER as one of my first PS games:D But SONY "seems" to be "sliding", though I'm not quite sure if I should even say that.

You guys babble here and share your views and stuffs..I dunno what to say but maybe putting it on PS3 would've help SONY up a bit- who knows.

Sorin
30th Jan 2007, 06:59
Subjectively: No violin for Sony from me ;) I'm still not square with them for ousting Sega out of the hardware market. My poor precious Saturn. /cry. Bad evil Sony.

Less subjectively: Well I don't know. Nintendo does have a different market than either Microsoft or Sony. They've had it for years, they know it, they've catered to it, and it's loyal. They make games in a slightly different way than the other two companies do and it pays off. On the other hand though, it could just be temporary. First of all, Sony didn't launch a PS3 last year. And if I remember right, that thing is quite a bit more expensive to make than they are selling it for, so that's got to be hurting their wallet right now. Second, and I haven't checked on this lately, but if they are still having product shortages of PS3 consoles then that can't be helping either. Can't get money from something you don't have enough of to sell.

Either way, I really don't think this is a factor in the decision to not make TRA for PS3. When they started this game, PS3 wasn't out yet (sure, there are development kits sent out before a console comes out, but yeah...). Of course I'm not a business or financial guy so I could be completely wrong on this. But anyways, maybe it was just unfamiliarity with the console. They've done PC and PSP and PS2 before, so maybe it's just easier and more familiar to make stuff for those. I bet if PS3 was released 1 year before it was then there might likely be a PS3 variant.

So IMO, it could just be a case of unforunate timing in several different ways.

Rusty_DK
30th Jan 2007, 07:37
"Sony CEO Howard Stringer has "failed to fend off Nintendo," the report continues, with the Wii outselling the PS3 two-to-one worldwide" - That's it, WORLDWIDE, PS3 has not even been released in Australia (trust me I know!), Xbox 360 has been around for a good year now, and the Wii I believe (not sure on this) was released worldwide in a very short time slot. How about we wait until a few years have passed before judging.

There is no doubt that Sony's launch sucked! Games are pretty average at the moment, and it may well take a few years for Sony to get up off it's feet, perhaps when prices for the PS3 fall people will start to show interest. But Sorin is right in saying the Nintendo has a loyal audience, and they have revolutionised gaming to a new degree, its no wonder why their sales have been great. PS3 is more than just a gaming console, it has heavy competition from Xbox. Xbox 360 is purely a gaming console and although I am a PS fan, I would have to say that Xbox 360's graphics are better at this stage.

However, I still remember looking at older games on PS2 and comparing them to current games out now, they are improved to a degree which is unbelievable. So for arguments sake it could mean that time may heal Sony's wounds. Give time for developers to delve into the hardware capabilities of each console instead of handing out criticism left and right.

There seems to be a growing misunderstanding about next gen capabilities and Tomb Raider games. Anyone who thinks that the Xboox 360 version of TR was what TR games could achieve in terms of graphical performance are sadly mistaken. All that was improved IMO were graphical textures. It was a slap bang up job of a TR game, PS3 and Xbox 360 both have the ability to produce amazing looking graphics for TR. I highly doubt that a PS3 release of TR would have helped PS at all. I mean we're talking about building a new engine for the fame etc...that can take years!!!

Prolly gone way off track here hey, haha!

Raider0011
30th Jan 2007, 17:53
Good posts.

Though I am all for games being released on all consoles (As everyone well knows - I've been very vocal about it), I don't think that it would make sense to release TR:A on PS3 at this time. I also don't think that it would help Sony much, as most of the reason their sales numbers are so low is because they are unable to produce enough consoles (Though demand seems to have drastically calmed, even without Sony really providing enough consoles to meet theoretical demand). Sony was very clear before releasing the PS3 that they would be making a profit on each console sold (Versus prior generations when they lost money on each console sold - at least at the beginning). This did not help, as it made it more difficult for them to compete in a market that I feel they priced themselves right out of... Will rabid PS fanboys get a PS3, sure, but kids aren't getting them for christmas or birthday gifts (At least not as commonly). I know PS fanboys that have decided against the PS3 because of the price. It is daunting. So from Eidos' point of view, they have a new console, that is difficult to program for (So was the PS2 - the developers just need to learn its tricks, but this takes time and money), and which has a fairly small installed base. The odds of a PS3 version of Anniversary being profitable is unlikely. I also don't think that this would help Sony much at this point, as the their biggest problem is supply and price. Neither would be negated by a good game being released for the console. If Sony had more consoles than they knew what to do with and they were priced competitively, I would say releasing TR:A would make sense, but at this point it doesn't. Once the PS3 has a reasonable installed base, it would make sense to release a version of TR:A on the console (Assuming development costs would be reasonable).

As for Nintendo, they have a niche market that they do a great job of catering to. You think a PlayStation fanboy is rabid, you have no idea what rabid is until you meet a true Nintendo fanboy. :) If Nintendo releases a new console (Particularly one that pushes gaming like the Wii does), the Nintendo customer base runs to the store. Nintendo has rightfully earned and maintained their customers, and does well for this reason. I don't really think they are competing directly with Sony either, as their niche is slightly different (Though the Wii has given them a much wider customer base that is encroaching into Sony / Microsoft territory).

pinkangel07
30th Jan 2007, 18:11
i know a lot of people, including myself, simply do not buy the PS3 due to price. $600? is that right? good grief! and how much are the games? it can't be THAT much more amazing than the x-box 360. i was really disappointed in Sony when my friend showed me the article in a magazine. also, PS3's aren't very good quality, if i'm correct... didn't they have a bunch of recalls, or is that a rumor...? speaking of recall, my friend's XBOX 360 overheated... and before that, it froze while we were playing Gears of War.:mad2:

I think they are pushing technology too fast. Don't put it on the market if it has a high chance of overheating come on, sony/microsoft

I just wish you could get what you pay for nowadays... I'm a big TR fan as well as Kingdom Hearts fan, and if they come out on PS3 I don't know what I'm gonna do... probably just play the games at my spoiled friend's house... :)

Joshorty
30th Jan 2007, 18:13
Those 3 long posts said it all:D And yeah, Rusty_DK graphics isn't always what makes gameplay fun:D Nintendo Wii proved that(though I'm not a Nintendo Fan..no hard feelings though).

Well, PS3 is no longer limted in North America though in Europe, I hear they're selling the limited quantaties again. Not sure of Austrailia.

Either way, for sure like you guys said, now isn't a good time to put this game in PS3 or 360. It would've probably extend the release date since this game tends to be released simultaneously on all versions - gladly, the PSP isn't far away from its own release sdate:D

About the PS3 Price though...I know it's expensive but it's cause of all that was added into PS3 - PS3 lost focus on the gaming element or it needed more focus. The prices for Ps2 games before were also $69.99CAD or $59.99USD util later, only reaches $59.99CAD/$49.99 MAX unless, limited editions and stuff so expect the games to reach that price soon:D ..hopefully.

Raider0011
30th Jan 2007, 18:40
With new hardware you are always going to have a certain amount of products that fail or have problems. I have had a XBox 360 for quite some time and have had no problems. Noone I know that has an XBox 360 has had problems, but I do know that some users have. I really have not heard all that many issues with the PS3, but it's inevitable. It all comes down to how the companies handle it. Microsoft immediately started correcting the situation. Sony with the PS2 problems initially tried to fight with their customers... Hopefully they'll handle the PS3 problems a bit better.

I didn't know that PS2 games started out at $ 59.99 . I'm assuming they went down when the XBox came out at $ 49.99 games? That's interesting.

I didn't say that the game shouldn't come out on XBox 360. I think that that console has a large enough installed base to support the games release on that platform. The PS3 at this time does not.

For the record I support the release of TR:A on XBox 360 and Wii 100%. Those consoles can support the games release, and would be profitable releases for Eidos. :)

Joshorty
30th Jan 2007, 23:37
With new hardware you are always going to have a certain amount of products that fail or have problems. I have had a XBox 360 for quite some time and have had no problems. Noone I know that has an XBox 360 has had problems, but I do know that some users have. I really have not heard all that many issues with the PS3, but it's inevitable. It all comes down to how the companies handle it. Microsoft immediately started correcting the situation. Sony with the PS2 problems initially tried to fight with their customers... Hopefully they'll handle the PS3 problems a bit better.

I didn't know that PS2 games started out at $ 59.99 . I'm assuming they went down when the XBox came out at $ 49.99 games? That's interesting.

I didn't say that the game shouldn't come out on XBox 360. I think that that console has a large enough installed base to support the games release on that platform. The PS3 at this time does not.

For the record I support the release of TR:A on XBox 360 and Wii 100%. Those consoles can support the games release, and would be profitable releases for Eidos. :)
Well I noticed also that when one title is multi-platform, the prices are lower (like $49.99USD) unless PS2 alone, it's $59.99 USD (like FINAL FANTASY TITLES).

And yeah I remembered PS2 having problems with the memory card and it took a while for SONY to admit they had those problems I heard, if I'm correct that is. Luckily, I got the PS2 when it hit half price mark. Ps2 was more updated from there. Luckily this time PS3 can update so you won't have to buy another PS2 'caues that one will be more updated.

So will it take more time for games to finish in the making since next-gen is a whole lot of different (and if, harder) work:confused: ?

digifan
1st Feb 2007, 16:39
The PS3 is no more than an expensive electronic toy IMO. :whistle: I give it a few years and the price will drop like a hot cheese sandwich. Remember when the PS2 first came out? It costs $US 299 back in 2000. In five years this price had dropped close to $US 100. :scratch: If Sony follow this trend I think the PS3 will become more affordable once the introduction cycle is over with new -and better- games are in place instead of the current crappy launch titles available. :nut: The bottom line - I know I will get the PS3 eventually but I'm willing to wait. My PS2 is still my main choice for playing games. Especially the TR games for the PS1. They maybe outdated but, like fine wine, they are aging into a priceless treasure. Cheerio! :D

Joshorty
1st Feb 2007, 18:40
I know eh:D? PS2 is still awesome. And ugh, if I play my TR1 and TRII on my old PS2 model, the music soundtrack will delay when I play:( So playing it on the new model (yeah we got 2 PS2s:D) slim PS2, it plays everything just fine:D
It must be the way it spins the disc - I like the slim version better:tmb:
A bit off topic but does the slim PS2 take less electricity:confused:

Rusty_DK
5th Feb 2007, 05:06
Those 3 long posts said it all:D And yeah, Rusty_DK graphics isn't always what makes gameplay fun:D Nintendo Wii proved that(though I'm not a Nintendo Fan..no hard feelings though).

Its funny, I must be weird, I always find that a game that has fantastic graphics I always fall in love with...I dunno just must be me but Im a huge graphics nut!!!

Well, PS3 is no longer limted in North America though in Europe, I hear they're selling the limited quantaties again. Not sure of Austrailia.

PS3 aint coming out here in Australia until March :(

Joshorty
6th Feb 2007, 03:42
Its funny, I must be weird, I always find that a game that has fantastic graphics I always fall in love with...I dunno just must be me but Im a huge graphics nut!!!

PS3 aint coming out here in Australia until March :(
Sorry to hear that:(Either way, I know it'll take us a while to get one too anyway:lol: So consider us on the same page;)-_-...'less you have the money ready:)

And yeah well, some guys goes for graphics and yeah they do affect gameplay without a doubt. But when they are of little difference between the ongoing console wars, PS2's graphics aren't bad. I mean, some people keeps taunting that PS2 has the SUCKIEST graphics. If it does has the suckiest graphics ever, it would look cOMPLETELY different from Xbox and PC (when it doesn't- JUST LITTLE DIFFERENCEs that we can accept:D) And frame rate I'm okay with but with other games is a different story..

Sorry lol getting off the hook- obviously nextgen is better but DARN you gotta admit it still looks good in current-gen:D

soniqstylz
10th Feb 2007, 16:01
a) in response to the orignal post, Sony's profits actually went up.

b) This is out for the PS2 because they already had the engine in place. Keeps the dev costs low for what was originally probably intended to be a niche game.

c) I never remember PS2 games being $59.99. I got one for x-mas in 2001 (so it had been out for a bit), and the games by then were $49.99, including Final Fantasy X.

d) As far as Sony's launch sucking, the PS3 has so far not only outsold the 360 (over the same launch time span, ie, the 360's first 3 months), but it outsold the PS2 (vs. the PS2's first three months). Once the PS3 price drops (oh dear god, please say it will) and once a few hard hitters come out (FFXIII, MGS4, DMC4, Heavenly Sword, etc.) I think it'll be just fine. Although I doubt it'll win the console "war" this gen, partially because the Wii has taken off exponentially, and because MS is getting the games that last-gen Sony had either exclusive, or time-release exclusive (GTA). And they f'd up with Assassin's Creed. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Cyber Mantis
10th Feb 2007, 17:28
and because MS is getting the games that last-gen Sony had either exclusive, or time-release exclusive (GTA). And they f'd up with Assassin's Creed. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

I know, man what was sony thinking :mad2: GTA 4 could easily be a system major seller if kept exclusive to PS3.

Assassins creed looks sweet as well and I agree the F'd that up too:mad2:

shurik
11th Feb 2007, 18:57
I don't know what are they thinking, but I want a TR on the PS3! Having it on the PS2 is great, but for the PS3 it would simply be an unforgetable game!
I sure hope that the TR Anniversary will come out with the PS3 version! They made the LEGEND on freaking Xbox-360, but what about the PS3 this time??? :confused:

I also read those complaints about overprice of the PS3! I know $600 seems like a lot, but PS3 worth every penny you pay! I got one and I know how it is and what it is, and what it is actually capable of. It is the most powerful console available right now! I say $600 is nothing for what you pay for!!!

Joshorty
11th Feb 2007, 19:06
Um wait it is officially stated that they won't bother bring LEGEND on PS3:eek:?!?!?!
I'm fine however, with Anniversary being on PS2.

shurik
11th Feb 2007, 20:25
Um wait it is officially stated that they won't bother bring LEGEND on PS3:eek:?!?!?!
I'm fine however, with Anniversary being on PS2.

what???? they were suppose to bring Legend for PS3??? And why are you fine with Anniversary on PS2 and not PS3???

soniqstylz
11th Feb 2007, 20:59
I don't know what are they thinking, but I want a TR on the PS3! Having it on the PS2 is great, but for the PS3 it would simply be an unforgetable game!
I sure hope that the TR Anniversary will come out with the PS3 version! They made the LEGEND on freaking Xbox-360, but what about the PS3 this time??? :confused:

I also read those complaints about overprice of the PS3! I know $600 seems like a lot, but PS3 worth every penny you pay! I got one and I know how it is and what it is, and what it is actually capable of. It is the most powerful console available right now! I say $600 is nothing for what you pay for!!!

But it's hell for developers to try and harness that power properly.

shurik
11th Feb 2007, 21:14
But it's hell for developers to try and harness that power properly.

Yeah that is true! But I'm pretty sure that CD is able to harness it without any problems, it's just gotta be some other reason! I wish there could've been an official explanation out there!

gtkilla
11th Feb 2007, 22:24
It's not on PS3 because it's a pain in the ass to develop for, whereas the 360 is much more developer friendly. If anything they should bring it to the 360, not the PS3. It's not gonna sell well if they put it on the PS3. Take a look at the numbers.

http://nexgenwars.com/

Rusty_DK
12th Feb 2007, 07:57
It's not on PS3 because it's a pain in the ass to develop for, whereas the 360 is much more developer friendly. If anything they should bring it to the 360, not the PS3. It's not gonna sell well if they put it on the PS3. Take a look at the numbers.

http://nexgenwars.com/

I said it before and Ill say it again...wait a year for PS3 and then look at the numbers...hardly fair to be comparing something thats been out for a year already...

And as for PS3 not being developer friendly, I wouldnt know 'cause Im not a developer, but would be interested to read where you heard that...

DKSM
12th Feb 2007, 13:21
The PS3 is harder to develop for because of all the hardware running in it I believe. It's just slightly more confusing than your traditional console.

That being said, dev kits were sent out to developers a long time ago, so they've had a good amount of time to understand how to deal with the PS3, so that argument to me is pretty moot.

I own one and I'm happy with my decision. Works very nicely and displays beautifully on an HDTV.

Joshorty
12th Feb 2007, 20:22
what???? they were suppose to bring Legend for PS3??? And why are you fine with Anniversary on PS2 and not PS3???
I honestly dunno why I don't mind:scratch: though of course if they ported it, darn would it be amazing:D Ported isn't the right word here...MAKE IT for PS3. And no I'm not sure if Legend is to be on PS3 'cause it never said otherwise, I'm gonna have to get the PC version.

Alexlovesguns
12th Feb 2007, 23:24
The PS3 is already graphically outdated and on its way to obsoletion (uses nvidia 7800GT graphics chip).

Sony failed.. ps3 is expensive because sony knows its life span will be short.

shurik
14th Feb 2007, 01:35
The PS3 is already graphically outdated and on its way to obsoletion (uses nvidia 7800GT graphics chip).

lol I doubt about the short life span! Not sure about the graphics card, but the fact is it is the most powerful console right now!

Joshorty
14th Feb 2007, 02:29
Say is the 360's graphics still runs smoother and better than the PS3s? Not that I care really but by fact is it true? Sorry if this question sounds stupid after reading the previous post before this one. 'cause I remembered them doing game screen comparisons and 360's still looks better though runs laggy at some games I know (like Legend).

I can't help deciding whether one is better or not, not that it really matters for me though:D PS3, I'm on my way!:D

PS3 vs 360 (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/)

soniqstylz
14th Feb 2007, 04:22
I hate console fanboyism.

CatSuit&Ponytail
14th Feb 2007, 11:14
Let's be straight about something, all gamers are welcome here, no matter what their platform of choice happens to be. Please keep the comments about the games and platforms, not personal asides about how people want to express their opinions and preferences about those. :)

For instance: I don't like the way some recent game releases seem made for consoles even though I play on a PC. :) Or, I am unhappy when I play my console game that I can't use the mods other players make like I could if I were playing on PC. ;)

Yeah, I have it hard sometimes. ;) :D

Joshorty
14th Feb 2007, 14:32
I didn't mean to stand myself up that way:confused: I mean, we're getting a Wii also. I don't like console wars**** :D

Rusty_DK
14th Feb 2007, 17:45

I wouldnt go as far to say this thread is a fanboy console war...it was (and I cant stress the was hehe) about whether a TRA release on PS3 would have helped the PS3's sales...the conversation has started to turn into a small war I would have to agree.

IMO a TR game would never help a consoles sales in the slightest. Grand Theft Auto or Final Fantasy, now they are games that would start to increase sales of PS3s. Tomb Raider is and always be one of my favourite games dont get me wrong, but to say that it would increase the sales of PS3 is rediculous. Tomb Raider will always be a familiar title and be reasonably popular outside of this fanbase. For it to last ten years is incredible!

Ill say it again, anyone who thinks that legend on XBOX 360 was what next gen graphics are capable of is a gross understatement! The PS3 and XBOX 360 are capable of delivering much more, just take a look at some of the games like (I cant remember the name of it, but its a horror one about an author or something, on XBOX 360, amazing looking graphics!!!). Perhaps we could be playing with a Lara like the one we see in the HQ renders.

I personally don't see any difference between the PS3 and XBOX 360, I think they're both great machines. XBOX is more gaming, PS3 is gaming and more, Wii is...well I'm from the Sega generation so its inbuilt in me to hate Nintendo LOL but Wii has done something completely different and to that I take my hat off to them. But for me I'm always gonna be with Sony because it's what Im familiar with. I've had the PSX, PS2 and soon the PS3, fanboy bashed or not, I'll always be with it you can't change my mind on that one!

soniqstylz
18th Feb 2007, 23:13
Not really this thread itself per se, but some of the replies were just... ugh.

Hey, I don't hate the 360, but there are a lot of PS-exclusives that I like (Final Fantasy, God of War, MGS) that make me want to buy that console. There aren't enough games on the 360 exclusive that make me want to spend the money on it. Even Gears of War is now coming to PC at some point. Other people feel the opposite, or feel the same about the Wii (I fully intend to get one of those at some point, too). I don't really care what format people choose to play their games on, since that doesn't really affect me much.

"..It's not gonna sell well if they put it on the PS3. Take a look at the numbers..."

Quotes like that are fanboyism, becuase there is no basis for that. How many of those 360 owners will buy it for that console (and not another, or PC)? Like I said previously, at this point last year, Microsoft had sold fewer 360's than the PS3 has sold now (even without Europe, and even without many good games), and people still want to call the launch a failure.

Sorry for the severe thread hijack.

Rusty_DK
19th Feb 2007, 14:30
[QUOTE= Like I said previously, at this point last year, Microsoft had sold fewer 360's than the PS3 has sold now (even without Europe, and even without many good games), and people still want to call the launch a failure.[/QUOTE]

Cant thank you enough for posting that...and the funny thing is, its always the fanboys who forget to look at the figures in the past. Well said!

Raider0011
20th Feb 2007, 15:26
Say is the 360's graphics still runs smoother and better than the PS3s? Not that I care really but by fact is it true? Sorry if this question sounds stupid after reading the previous post before this one. 'cause I remembered them doing game screen comparisons and 360's still looks better though runs laggy at some games I know (like Legend).[/URL]

Having played through Legend on the XBox 360 several times now, I have to ask, where were the "laggy" parts? I don't remember any. The XBox 360 is a pretty competent console.

Joshorty
20th Feb 2007, 20:29
'cause playing the demo at EB games it was laggy:( At first when I saw Trailer (4&5), it was laggy too. I thought maybe it was only the video footage but it isn't - even playing it at my friends house, it was laggy until I learned about the 480p thing until 1080 it lags or something - I'm not realyl sure:scratch: I also remebered hearing this game runs 30fps while the XBOX rns 60fps..

Raider0011
21st Feb 2007, 05:52
I noticed no lag in playing legend on my XBox 360... Hm,...

Joshorty
21st Feb 2007, 12:24
Hmm...maybe it does have something to do with the screen size..I'm thinking the binger the more laggier if I'm right/wrong...
I even remembered one of the interviews mentioned about why Xbox 360 is getting a 30fps rather then 60 and they said they'd rather have more beautiful graphics over frame rate or something:scratch: I'm not sure if that's what they exactly said though..

Anyway, here's the trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3iIb_QBnjE)that showed lags, which I thought was just the video but it wasn't.

shurik
3rd Mar 2007, 17:58
The reason why AE is not going to be on many platform consoles is because it's not like LEGEND! Legend was perfect for pretty much every console out there, that's why they called it the Legend. Of course it stood for more than only that, but it represented it all. AE now is a different kind of the game; Cristal Dinamics can't just keep doing the same thing with all TRs what they did with the Legend.

Raider0011
4th Mar 2007, 05:12
The reason why AE is not going to be on many platform consoles is because it's not like LEGEND! Legend was perfect for pretty much every console out there, that's why they called it the Legend. Of course it stood for more than only that, but it represented it all. AE now is a different kind of the game; Cristal Dinamics can't just keep doing the same thing with all TRs what they did with the Legend.

O.K., What??

Anniversary uses the Legend engine, meaning that it would run very easily on all consoles that Legend was released for, which includes the XBox, XBox 360, and the Gamecube. I would imagine this would run without a problem on Wii as well. There is no reason why this game would not be able to be released on all consoles.

Jontif
4th Mar 2007, 21:32
The only thing that worries me is that PS3 doesnt appear now to be totally backwards compatible...that means possibly not able to play TRA or any previous PS versions on the new console when its released....

Joshorty
4th Mar 2007, 22:12
Lol it worried me too but don't worry;) With these so-called "firmwares" (like the PSP!), they'll keep on updating and expanding the list of backward compatability games:D This saves the trouble for having to buy another console just 'cause it's more updated.

G4mefr3ak88
5th Mar 2007, 02:49
Hmm, well all things have low points, this is Sony's time I guess. With all this competition, it's easy to tell why they have fallen behind. But don't worry, they won't be beaten so easily.

Rusty_DK
8th Mar 2007, 09:39
Hmm, well all things have low points, this is Sony's time I guess. With all this competition, it's easy to tell why they have fallen behind. But don't worry, they won't be beaten so easily.

lets not try to turn this into a fanboy console war....

Taylour
9th Mar 2007, 00:29

Yeah, but at least Sony has Blue Ray on its side. Which, no matter what you say, is better than DVD. It holds about 20x the info making the PS3 a pretty powerful machine. I honestly want a PS3, I'm not a fanboy, but most games for Nintendo and Microsoft Consols never really interest me. I also want the Blue Ray player for my high def TV :).

I do think that once the price of the PS3 drops (maybe to about $400-450)and some more outstanding games come out for it (like TR8, of course) that the PS3 sales will catch up.

I'm also tired of the gimmicks of Nintendo. (if any of you saw this) The DS had a touch screen, the Wii had a motion sensor, the game cube... was... purple. :lol:

rabid metro
9th Mar 2007, 04:38
...I'm also tired of the gimmicks of Nintendo. ...The DS had a touch screen, the Wii had a motion sensor, the game cube... was... purple. :lol:

huh???
yo! is that how bring da funk?
you tryin' ta drop a console war up in the hizzy??
step back homes ... oh, for real!!!

ring the alarm! (and i'm throwin' elbows) ...
krump dat!!!

They say that if the shoe fits, then you just got pwned by a rabid foot! Call a doctor ... ****

rabid metro
9th Mar 2007, 04:40
...step back ...

"we don need no stinkin' console war here"

peace out! :)

gaetano
18th Mar 2007, 02:45
Tight budgeting make me buy all consoles on the market. I manage to keep them running. No computer issues, patches etc. with time passing, just plug&play. If computer really give better experience I buy PC copy too... You need good wardrobe maintenance habits too...:)

digifan
19th Mar 2007, 20:34
The only thing that worries me is that PS3 doesnt appear now to be totally backwards compatible...that means possibly not able to play TRA or any previous PS versions on the new console when its released....

FYI - I had just got my PS3 and my TR collection work perfectly fine on it. :D In fact the PS3 had cut down the loading time between levels. Now if only I can find the PS version of LR and Chronicles, I'll be all set. :rasp:

Bring on Anniversary. Lock and load, people. :scratch: It's gonna to be one helluva ride. :D

Joshorty
19th Mar 2007, 21:07
I'm not suprised that the PS3 supports more enhanced features for the older games:D So what are the enhancements for the PS2 games? Faster loading and smoooth edges? I think it's called anti-anialising or somethin'...and does it support PS1 more?