MDFMac
30th Jan 2007, 01:56
The way to tell that it is the router would be to directly connect to your
internet connection through the DSL/Cable modem, and attempt to connect. If you
connect without issue then there is a setting in your router that is causing
this issue, and I would recommend you contact your router manufacturer. If you
are still unable to connect, then I would contact Gamespy, as it is there
software that is being used to connect.

this is just funny after exsplaining to them what exactly is going on they blame the router

ScottWAR
30th Jan 2007, 02:27
Seems pretty clear to me.

It says to STOP using the router, connect the PC directly to the broadband modem (-NOTE- you will need to power cycle your modem in some cases, and reboot your PC in most cases to get connectivity after removing the router and connecting direct). Make sure you can connect to the internet and then start the game. IF the game can connect, then the router is the problem. Contact your router manufacturer to either help you open the necessary ports, or whatever else needs done.

If, after removing the router, you still cant connect, then you need to contact Gamespy, as it is their software that handles all of the connecting and multiplayer aspects of the game, aside from the actual gameplay itself.

Amit9821
30th Jan 2007, 02:30
y would u connect the PC directly to the modem? that defeats the purpose of getting a router in the first place

Memnoch
30th Jan 2007, 02:48
It's only to test the connectivity. If you connect with no problem by connecting directly to the modem, then the problem is the router.

It's called troubleshooting.

spectre01
30th Jan 2007, 03:22
lol, how funny is that! I don't have router, I don't use firewalls, I can connect to Gamespy through GSA, but still can't login or register... this is carzy...:mad2:

MDFMac
30th Jan 2007, 06:34
the problem isnt the router its what the game is doing to the router.. ive been gameing for near 10 years... and i currently use my router for every thing all day long.. try to play this game and poof broken.. so they want me to run the game without the router... fat chance i have 2 other people running on this router that would like to play the dam game at the same time.. and untill this router actually breaks i dont plan on replaceing it.. well it was a fun game while it lasted have fun yall