PDA

View Full Version : Wildcat vs. Zero (for all those without problems)

Sandchez
29th Jan 2007, 07:15
What benefits do the Zero's hold over the Wildcats? From what I've experienced the Wildcats turn tighter, take more hits, and have higher top speed. I've never had problems against Zero's but when I use Zero's against Wildcats my planes fall outa the air like nats.

Now this isn't some nub thing of mine; I've played extensively and have hosted many a game (SandchezTheDirty). I've won as Japan; and I've won as United States.

HOWEVER, i'm beginning to think that the balance is spread somewhere else. Although i havent looked at it too hard maybe the other planes are tweaked this way or that for each side. I'm starting this thread to discuss the balance really in ALL air units: with focus on the Zero's and the Wildcats.

NuclearDruid
29th Jan 2007, 13:00
What benefits do the Zero's hold over the Wildcats? From what I've experienced the Wildcats turn tighter, take more hits, and have higher top speed. I've never had problems against Zero's but when I use Zero's against Wildcats my planes fall outa the air like nats.

Now this isn't some nub thing of mine; I've played extensively and have hosted many a game (SandchezTheDirty). I've won as Japan; and I've won as United States.

HOWEVER, i'm beginning to think that the balance is spread somewhere else. Although i havent looked at it too hard maybe the other planes are tweaked this way or that for each side. I'm starting this thread to discuss the balance really in ALL air units: with focus on the Zero's and the Wildcats.

Well me and a friend were doing some formation flying on opposite sides. The planes have the exact same air speed at the same throttle setting. They fire at the same rate, and the zero is perfectly capable of staying on the wildcat (for me at least). I really see them as exactly the same... but I would need an official stat chart to prove this.

whoopy91
29th Jan 2007, 13:01
the zero can make much tighter turns, if you ask it too me
and its quicked
but the wildcat has more firepower, and more health

Harvest4
29th Jan 2007, 17:34
I usually see them as being exactly the same...but I really haven't done a 1 on 1 yet and usually when I attack the enemy I have numerical superiority or a disadvantage.

Seclude
29th Jan 2007, 19:30
I fear they designed the game for balance, whereas in actuality, the Zero outmatched a lot of american fighters. Not to mention japanese pilots had a maximum squad formation of 6, where americans used 5.

spectre01
29th Jan 2007, 20:03
in the retail game, there will be a multiplayer map that each players only can control planes(wildcat and zero). that should be some interesting dogfight :)