PDA

View Full Version : It's too bad the devs released this demo in this state...

Harvest4
29th Jan 2007, 01:13
I didn't even know this game existed until yesterday when I downloaded the demo. I had some issues with it for about 10 minutes till I turned off my virus blocker and then I never had a problem with the game again.

I get no lag, no crashes, or any of those problems.

I easily found a game and played for hours upon hours having a great time. This is a very fun and addicting game. Everyone I played with said they loved it and would buy it. Sadly when I went to the forums to discuss it I found all these connection problem topics.

I just think it is sad that the gamespy and connection problems came about with this great game because it will really hurt it. Many people who tried out this game don't have patience or the know how to get this game running and will say it sucks and then jsut uninstall it never really trying it out and seeing what an amazing game it really is.

The developers really should not have released the demo in this state because while I will definately be buying this game I know many others won't simply due to the connection issues. This hurts me msot of all because I love the multiplayer aspect of this game and if not that many buy the game there will be few players to play with.

I urge people who know how to work around the connection problems to help out anyone you can so they can at least be able to try this great game out and truly see how awesome it is. I hope the developers can get this straightened around fast as well so they don't miss out on all the players that would embrace this game.

zycore
29th Jan 2007, 04:10
Works for me. Download Gamespy and log in. Update your drivers. This game looks and plays great for me :) sorry ot hear your having problems with the game.

Harvest4
29th Jan 2007, 04:17
....did you even read my post?

kezza
29th Jan 2007, 07:52
lol...

it is a shame that games are coming out half made with the patch it later(EA cough) attitude,i really really hope eidos make this game as great as it could be,ive always loved ww2 stuff especially naval.i remember when Pc games just worked(the old days).And what really gets up my nose is it mostly works for the xbox 360 guys.

all in all good game and i am really looking forward to sinlge pay and mods(sink the bismark....drool)

NuclearDruid
29th Jan 2007, 13:04
lol...

it is a shame that games are coming out half made with the patch it later(EA cough) attitude,i really really hope eidos make this game as great as it could be,ive always loved ww2 stuff especially naval.i remember when Pc games just worked(the old days).And what really gets up my nose is it mostly works for the xbox 360 guys.

all in all good game and i am really looking forward to sinlge pay and mods(sink the bismark....drool)

I found the browser is really the only thing to be buggy about the game. I haven't seen any or heard of any inside the real game yet.

Harvest4
29th Jan 2007, 17:29
Ya it they could somehow get this browser working better then I think the majority of people playing this gaem would love it.

zycore
29th Jan 2007, 17:52
:lol: Nope I did'nt read your post :rasp: :nut: :scratch:

Harvest4
29th Jan 2007, 22:29
I'm gonna cry now....:(

Seclude
29th Jan 2007, 23:11
It's the way the demo was made without NAT Translation. this has been a custom for internet games dating back before 1995. I have no idea why it hasn't been put into networking for this Demo, but, once it's put in... Well, more than likely 90% of the problems people are having with joining games will be fixed. (My only speculation is because it's an Xbox360 port.). (I.e; if games like Starcraft... Total Annihilation, older games didn't have this, they would have had the same number of problems.)