PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Issue - Wireless Linksys Router WRT54G

Seclude
28th Jan 2007, 16:40
TO ALL PEOPLE USING WIRELESS LINKSYS ROUTER WRT54G v5.0 - I have found out that by disabling the UPNP That my router NO LONGER REBOOTS itself. And I can join any game simply by having DMZ ENABLED! RAH RAH.

In The Router Setup go to Administration - UPNP - Disable

UPnP - Used by certain programs to automatically open ports for communication.

^_~ This fixed it for me.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8461/wirelessrouteros5.th.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wirelessrouteros5.jpg)

Edit: I'm sure it'll work with port forwarding too.

Endrek
28th Jan 2007, 16:43
I'll try it, but it's pretty sad if the only way we can play this game is by screwing with router settings, and enabling the DMZ and leaving our computers wide open to the whole world. Are you sure you still need the DMZ after disabling UPnP?

Seclude
28th Jan 2007, 16:44
I'll try it, but it's pretty sad if the only way we can play this game is by screwing with router settings, and enabling the DMZ and leaving our computers wide open to the whole world. Are you sure you still need the DMZ after disabling UPnP?

I doubt you need DMZ, You can do the port thing I'm sure, but after Factory defaults I don't want to type all the ports in again, and I use DMZ all the time anyways. Never had a virus I didn't get myself. (3 total in lifetime?) and Ad-Aware is one of the only things I use.

(I don't know if this will fix all problems with this router, however, this fixes the router rebooting itself i.e; losing it's connection as if it removes it's own power plug).

Endrek
28th Jan 2007, 16:56
So far not working at all... tried with both DMZ on and off. I can't imagine we're having two different issues with the same router but... :scratch:

Seclude
28th Jan 2007, 17:04
So far not working at all... tried with both DMZ on and off. I can't imagine we're having two different issues with the same router but... :scratch:

What exactly is your issue? and Is the router v5.0? 1.01.1 firmware

Endrek
28th Jan 2007, 17:08
"Connection Lost" almost always when joining a game; sometimes when starting a game. You mentioned something about your router losing power though, which I haven't run into. And I didn't know they had different "versions" of the same router but the firmware version says 4.20.6.

Seclude
28th Jan 2007, 17:14
My problems fixes the Router Rebooting Itself Error.
I never had a connection problem past that; In regards to your problem, I have no idea what the solution would be if you forwarded your ports correctly. =/.

mirkop
28th Jan 2007, 18:17
My problems fixes the Router Rebooting Itself Error.
I never had a connection problem past that; In regards to your problem, I have no idea what the solution would be if you forwarded your ports correctly. =/.

I had high hopes for this but it still didn't work. In fact I now can't even join servers or create one. It started asking me to open port 1201, then 1202, etc. These weren't even on the list of ports in the readme file :mad2:
And I have DMZed, so this shouldn't be an issue at all...
Not sure if I'll ever be able to play the game on GS.

Ubergeek87
28th Jan 2007, 18:51
IT WORKS!!1!
You sir, are a GOD. Have a cookie.

Seclude
28th Jan 2007, 21:43
I have all the ports on the exception list in my Windows Firewall. But I did that before I found out the UPnP thing. Uhh, I don't know if those are allowing me to play or not, I erased all the port forwarding from my Router and just did DMZ. All games play great, However, I cannot host any games. It keeps telling me to forward ports, and no matter how many or what ones it tells me to, it keeps saying I have to forward them (Which I have done, large ranges as so. For some reason I think UPnP might be required to host, unsure.). So, All I can do now is Join games. I never had any problems with Gamespy, I just used my account from Battlefront 2.

Goober74
28th Jan 2007, 22:10
This also worked for me.. Finally!!!!

MDFMac
29th Jan 2007, 02:54
didnt work for me.. i did the DMZ as soon as some one said it.. still lose internet.. so i will just be playing lan.. i have to unhook my internet for one of the guys in my house directly to the internet so he can play wow while another guy and i play lan on this game.