PDA

View Full Version : Lame excuse

Cat_Organs
28th Jan 2007, 12:01
First of all, giving cunstructive critisizm about a game i havent been able to play, coused me 1h of free time for trieing to connect and troubled me with GS probs is verry difficult. What do you wnat me to say? "Wow, way to go, i realy like the cool menu layout where i had to stare at for 1h?"

It is kinda a lame excuse blaming the end of the week for a bad demo release. First of all, it should have been tested. If a forum is spammed with messages about connection and GS probs of all sorts, i dont think the devs took lots of time to test it just a bit and just threw it online as soon as it was finished. You can call it what u want, but to me it feels as negelect.

2nd, they should have released it on a monday or other day if it mathers so much, so they could try to fix the issue right away. This way the ppl who downloaded it during the weekend wouldnt feel dissapointed. What they accomplished now is that they lost 1/5 of all gamers who downloaded it just to "try" the game, what is verry bad for a game tht isnt that well known. Lots of these people dont want to wait for a demo patch to get it fixed, they want the game to work, or atleast find an answer to the probs that doesnt take to much efford, like registering on forums or downloading GS spyware.

Just a number. Currently 17 clanmembers downloaded the game, not 1 person managed to get online.

and thx for closing the previous tread, giving me no chance to react.

chip5541
28th Jan 2007, 17:34
I have not prevented you from responding as your above post shows. If you felt me closing of teh thread was jumping the gun or an error on my part you could have just PM'd me. I would have been happy to discuss it or even reopen the thread.

NF_is_dead_vdub!
28th Jan 2007, 19:54
yea seriously, no point posting a new thread when there are 30000000000000000000000 other "i cant connect" threads.

i think ppl are morons...

snoopey
28th Jan 2007, 20:07
people arnt morons, people are jsut sick of this computer #$%@ and i am too,
im sorry but the only reason i was ganna buy this was for its online and if this is how they are going to be then sorry.
Every game ive bought from EA or had something to do with gamespy i had problems with.
im jsut so sick of it, why cant developers spend more time and fix stuff instead of this crap.
im PRETTY SURE that this is all gamespy's fault as for every gamespy supported game ivew bought i had trouble playing online with.
but i hope the developers will fix these and make everyone happy!

NuclearDruid
28th Jan 2007, 22:38
yea seriously, no point posting a new thread when there are 30000000000000000000000 other "i cant connect" threads.

i think ppl are morons...

The more threads that complain about people not being able to connect, the more chance the devs might fix it. Think about that one before you call us morons in your hastey generalizations.

Col.Falcon
28th Jan 2007, 22:59
You Guys are all Blaming the Game as being at Fault.

Look at your systems First before Blaming the Game. Yes I admit opening up all those Ports was a Pain, But its not a hard thing to do, and there is a huge number of people playing the Demo. If i Host and 8 player server with-in 30 seconds it Full.
If your having trouble understanding the Tech side of what I posted about ports and Static IP's then PM me and I'll Try to explain it to in simple terms, maybe using MS Messenger.

chip5541
29th Jan 2007, 04:44
Come on. At least give the devs time to get into the office and look at the issue. Sometimes these things happen. Just look at games like Farcry and BF1942.
Honestly, we dont need an individual thread for each person that has a connection or any other kind of issue. One thread is enough which is why we have a dedicated thread for issues.

Leadslinger
29th Jan 2007, 16:47
Not everyone complains in a constructive manner. But it is wise for Devs to read between the lines and find the core of the problem. Just because a few have had success doesn't mean the rest are too ignorant to figure it out either.
I see a lot more similar issue threads than not so it is more than likely the game or gamespy that is the problem.

I have tried everything thing I could think of to get past the login screen and still no worky. The only other time I have had connection issues was with MP game Beta testing over the past 10 yrs so it isn't likely a knowledge issue on my part.

Capt:.Cavan
31st Jan 2007, 19:27
yes people are morons, people who are like my age and think everything works and is perfect the first time .... are morons

poisonpill
31st Jan 2007, 20:29
yes people are morons, people who are like my age and think everything works and is perfect the first time .... are morons

I donno about you, but I think a demo is supposed to work insofar as to actually demonstrate the game to as much people as possible. To release a multiplayer only demo and have multiplayer released in such an untested/poorly tested state is like having a movie trailer that doesn't show you anything about a movie.

Bottom line, if there are people who depended on the demo to decide whether to buy this game, they will certainly be leaning the other way now.

chip5541
31st Jan 2007, 20:38
The key though is that if there is an issue, they need to be brought to the devs in a constructive maner. How else does anyone expect something to be fixed if not.

Amit9821
1st Feb 2007, 23:43
well it all comes down to that it either works or it doesn't, it's simple. if you think gamespy is spyware, it isn't and i don't no what could hav possibly put that in ur head but if so many people aren't getting the demo to work well that may be the problem of the consumer. many other people have gotten the demo to work without any problems except for crashes but as far as connections go the only problem i had was a few crashes here and there. it is so simple to get logged on, all u do is create a gamespy account at fileplanet.com and log into the game with your VALID email address that u signed up with for fileplanet and the nickname that u chose. no need to download GS arcade if u fear that it is spyware. anyways since there is no other purpose for this thread, and all the others like this, i suggest a mod lock this thread.

Ibra
2nd Feb 2007, 20:43
My demo download, and Full game worked flawlessly the first install. I did not even forward the ports on my router. If you are having issues You should check your system and if them meet the specs. Also Do you have windows FW enabled or some other fw software?

My recoomendation is get a router - They act like firewall cause they NAT your IP
On your computer disable your Fire wall programs. I doubt you'll have issues anymore.

I work with computers all day. The #1 issue with connectivity issues is usuall route rules, or firewalls blocking ports and/or addresses.

This is a great game, and Flaming the Developers or Gamespy before you investigate your own system isn't cool.

Taskeen
2nd Feb 2007, 20:49
You Guys are all Blaming the Game as being at Fault.

Look at your systems First before Blaming the Game. Yes I admit opening up all those Ports was a Pain, But its not a hard thing to do, and there is a huge number of people playing the Demo. If i Host and 8 player server with-in 30 seconds it Full.

You know what is even greater? Filling up my all my forwarding port slots does absolutely nothing and I have experience with using it in other programs. It is even GREATER, because I have multiple computers on my network connected to a router and I can't forward all those god damn ports for every single IP. It's ridiculous. I bought this game expecting to get into multiplayer with relative ease like EVERY OTHER GAME out there.

antiSniper07
2nd Feb 2007, 21:58
But it is wise for Devs to read between the lines and find the core of the problem.

Here is a point I would like to address. I have a friend that is an EA Moderator at their forum. People post thousands and thousands of posts directly addressing the Developers/EA Staff/Their Housekeepers etc.. The funny part is, not one Dev/Staff/Housekeeper ever reads the forums(maybe occasionally when the Secretary is on a Vodka run). :nut:

It's the Mods job to forward reported problems up the ladder. This way, those that can fix said problems don't have to wade through all the Whiners, Complainers and General BS to get the needed info. So when you post a hundred posts about the same thing or vent your frustration thinking somewhere there is a Developer reading your crap, think again. The only people that read your Gibberish is You, Other User's and the Poor Mods that have to sift through it all.

chip5541
3rd Feb 2007, 15:47
Actaully I have seen some of the devs in here reading the posts. ;)

Thats one of the differences between EA and Eidos.

Samsonov
3rd Feb 2007, 17:22

That's very unfair thing to say, and also untrue.

airguard79
3rd Feb 2007, 17:30
people arnt morons, people are jsut sick of this computer #$%@ and i am too,
im sorry but the only reason i was ganna buy this was for its online and if this is how they are going to be then sorry.
Every game ive bought from EA or had something to do with gamespy i had problems with.
im jsut so sick of it, why cant developers spend more time and fix stuff instead of this crap.
im PRETTY SURE that this is all gamespy's fault as for every gamespy supported game ivew bought i had trouble playing online with.
but i hope the developers will fix these and make everyone happy!
At least ea has support for people to use there own servers. This game is either use gamspy or dont play online. This is why I am playing the 360 version.

antiSniper07
3rd Feb 2007, 18:06

The only reason they were here is cause their Secretary's were stuck in traffic :mad2:

When your right, your right! EA has Fully Stocked wet bars! :lmao: