PDA

View Full Version : Ign Review

Fry-O-Fish
28th Jan 2007, 02:10
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/757/757297p1.html

The review really praised midway for doing so many things well, even going so far as saying the flight controls are as good (if not better) than blazing angles! Most notably is the 8.5 for gameplay with the only real con being that it has a steep learning curve and a boring tutorial.

On a side not the the "another take" seems to bash the game a bit. Even contradicting things said in the main review: "ported-over PC controls that could use real streamlining on Xbox 360." and "seacraft that control with better accuracy and speed." (what was he expecting a massive ship to steer like? A go-cart?)

Discuss

Edit: Bah, Just found this posted in the general discussion forum. My mistake.

Memnoch
28th Jan 2007, 03:36
Yeah, that guy has no freakin clue.

I think the slow movements of the ships actually increases the tension.

"C'mon c'mon c'mon! Turn the turrets! Bring us around you land lubbers!"

Yes, I curse at the little men on my ship decks.

colonelklink
28th Jan 2007, 14:06
i think the first review was fair. He brought up some good points and seemed to be pretty unbiased but the second guy.... He is probably so used to playing Beachhead 2000 that any game that involves a degree of skill and tactics is too difficult to comprehend. I don't think the controls are that bad and i agree Memnoch, the slowness of the larger ships adds to the excitement.

Bazil
28th Jan 2007, 22:12
There's nothing wrong with the controls.... except the "Press down this stick to look around" thing.

Dutch Jester
28th Jan 2007, 22:52
There's nothing wrong with the controls.... except the "Press down this stick to look around" thing.

ya that always gets me killed cuz ill accidently press it and go spiraling out of control

MixedupJim
1st Feb 2007, 16:07
ported pc controls...ha ha ha. I can guarantee you that the pc review will say the exact opposite and bash them for being ported from the xbox 360.

You just can't win!