PDA

View Full Version : Unexceptable Demo

NuclearDruid
28th Jan 2007, 01:58
Let me first say, for the 5 minutes I could play this game I was abosultely stunned, it was a real treat. However, how can I enjoy such a game if I cannot even play it!? First of all, gamespy has always been a horrible provider as a game browser, but that is not the point... I can use hamachii, right? No, I can't even lan the game! I was at a Lan party with 3 other friends who had the demo. We all hooked up and went into lan. 3 of us join into the lobby, one person creates. He says that he is frozen, so we all try to hit the back button. We all freeze. Finally after some configuration we don't freeze, but there is another problem. Whenever we connect onto LAN we lose our LAN connection! WHAT IS THIS!? How on earth can LAN make you lose your connection? Is there some setting in the game that actually manipulates your network so much that it renders it useless? HELP US! I know we are not the only ones! (We have tried numerous different routers of different brands, absolutely nothing worked.)

Edit: Thread title miss-spelling. Acceptable*

vridaw
28th Jan 2007, 02:38
are you telling me you cant use hamachi with this game?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got the demo for 4 my friends so we can play tonight....:confused:

NuclearDruid
28th Jan 2007, 02:43

I can't say. Considering me and my friends lose their internet when we go into LAN... and gamespy is just not worth trying to get into either.

Goobacca
28th Jan 2007, 03:06
thats why I left PC gaming, I got tired of shiz like that. Updates, and drivers for the video card, and the sound card, and team speak and so on and so forth.

Wouldnt give up my 360 for anything...well, if someone wants to pay off my mortage for it, thats cool.

NuclearDruid
28th Jan 2007, 03:26
thats why I left PC gaming, I got tired of shiz like that. Updates, and drivers for the video card, and the sound card, and team speak and so on and so forth.

Wouldnt give up my 360 for anything...well, if someone wants to pay off my mortage for it, thats cool.

One of the few games that I actually have problems with... it is quite annoying.

GR34
28th Jan 2007, 04:08
Let me first say, for the 5 minutes I could play this game I was abosultely stunned, it was a real treat. However, how can I enjoy such a game if I cannot even play it!? First of all, gamespy has always been a horrible provider as a game browser, but that is not the point... I can use hamachii, right? No, I can't even lan the game! I was at a Lan party with 3 other friends who had the demo. We all hooked up and went into lan. 3 of us join into the lobby, one person creates. He says that he is frozen, so we all try to hit the back button. We all freeze. Finally after some configuration we don't freeze, but there is another problem. Whenever we connect onto LAN we lose our LAN connection! WHAT IS THIS!? How on earth can LAN make you lose your connection? Is there some setting in the game that actually manipulates your network so much that it renders it useless? HELP US! I know we are not the only ones! (We have tried numerous different routers of different brands, absolutely nothing worked.)

the game works perfictly fine for me so what if i get kicked every now and then for carrier ramming big deal

Rafterman82
28th Jan 2007, 12:06
hamanchi is what has probably wrecked the demo, reinstall your WINSOCK LSP, as you may have corrupt layers left over from your hamanchi install, if you want to do a LAN do it properly using a server and/or VPN's

NuclearDruid
28th Jan 2007, 19:18
hamanchi is what has probably wrecked the demo, reinstall your WINSOCK LSP, as you may have corrupt layers left over from your hamanchi install, if you want to do a LAN do it properly using a server and/or VPN's

It wasn't working even before I used hamachi.

NF_is_dead_vdub!
28th Jan 2007, 19:37
disable norton, completely. it sees hamatchi and bs:m as a worm attack.

disable windows firewall.

enable DMZ on your router.

for even more performance UNinstall norton. :rasp: *lol*

*seriously*
defrag your hard drive.

:eek:

snoopey
28th Jan 2007, 20:08
wtf is hamatchi?

NF_is_dead_vdub!
28th Jan 2007, 20:37
hamatchi is a "personal pipeline*

it basically makes a path to another (or group of) pc(s) that makes the game think its on a LAN instead of a match making service.

NuclearDruid
28th Jan 2007, 22:30
disable norton, completely. it sees hamatchi and bs:m as a worm attack.

disable windows firewall.

enable DMZ on your router.

for even more performance UNinstall norton. :rasp: *lol*

*seriously*
defrag your hard drive.

:eek:

I've stopped using Norton a long time ago. I defrag my hard drive once a month.

Col.Falcon
28th Jan 2007, 22:46

You must have something wrong with you lan settings. As soon as I got the demo, I loaded it on my Server and hosted a lan session, after i loaded it on my pc and my sons Pc, we had no problems playing on the lan. Had a few friends over Saturday night and we played for about an hour on Lan then about 4 hours on the net, with 2 people using the same net connection.

Something is wrong with your PC or the way you have your Lan Setup. Are you using DHCP from your modem or are your PC's set to Static IP's. Secondly when you have your lan are you using a separate Network Switch or just connecting up to your DSL Router. The best option for Lan and Internet is Modem - Switch - PC . Try not to use your modem as a data Switch, Can get massive Data collisions

Regards

Col.Falcon

NuclearDruid
29th Jan 2007, 06:28
I was finally able to fix the problem, not with gamespy, but the lan. I simply had to uninstall gamespy arcade. Good ridance to that program anyways...

SpAcEsTeAkā„¢
29th Jan 2007, 16:30

Hamachi does works for this game... in fact, Hamachi works on any game just like an Lan emulator... but for Hamachi to detect any hosting game in the current hamachi channel you are in, takes like 30 sec or more to find... but it's surely less then 1 minute... :cool:
i myself played a few rounds with hamachi just now...

PS : Ever think of creating a channel just for lan gammers like us :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: