PDA

View Full Version : Hosting Requirements?

ScottWAR
28th Jan 2007, 00:46
Hey Keir or chip, would it be possible to get a list of recomended specs for each number of players?

For example, what specs should I have to be able to host a lag free 8 player game? What about a 4 player game?

Col.Falcon
28th Jan 2007, 01:26
Hi SCOTTWar

I was able to host an 8 player last night with out any lag.
DSL is 8000/392
PC is as follows
Intel E6600 running at 3.04
2 GIG DDR2 800
Radeon 512mb X1950XTX Vid Card

The problem is with people joining your game from another country.
I'm in Australia and a couple of people joined from the USA and they lagged out real bad and left, But in the end I had 8 Aussies playing with 2 being a mate and myself running off the same connection and we played for about 3 hours without any problems. I'd say if you have a 8000 or above connection you should not have to many problems, just make sure you specify the location. I called my server Aussies only and that sorta worked.
Hope this Helps

Regards

Col.Falcon

cjusmc15
28th Jan 2007, 04:16
i was just hosting an 8 player game and my comp isnt nearly as good as col. falcons and i was able to play lag free.

ScottWAR
28th Jan 2007, 18:06
If you are hosting, you will almost always be lag free, its the other poor souls that connected to you that get totured with the lag.

Cpt.sharp
28th Jan 2007, 18:12
after the 30th it should be alot easyer. the EU guys will be playing the demo and the US will be playing the real game, this will mean that most servers you join will be in your area anyway.