PDA

View Full Version : Is Gamespy Arcade a Death trap ?

Dklollol
27th Jan 2007, 23:00
When i start the Gamespy arcade or install it by CD my Avast quick steps in and says warning this contains virus here is a picture of the warning.
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3981/gamespydeathvv5.png
Is Gamespy arcade a death trap ?

cjusmc15
27th Jan 2007, 23:53
i've never seen that before. and i use gamespy a lot for battlefield 2. you might want to run an anti virus, you might have one that is affecting gamespy. but im just about positive that gamespy is not a death trap, i use it all the time.:thumbsup:

SteelyDan
28th Jan 2007, 00:25
i've never seen that before. and i use gamespy a lot for battlefield 2. you might want to run an anti virus, you might have one that is affecting gamespy. but im just about positive that gamespy is not a death trap, i use it all the time.:thumbsup:

Last time i used Gamespy Arcade, i got adware too. It's been over a year though, so i don't know if they still bundle adware with it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Mike_B
28th Jan 2007, 09:41
I guess it's flagged as adware because the free version has banners if I'm not mistaken.

cjusmc15
28th Jan 2007, 16:54
yes the free one is ad supported, but you can subscribe to gamespy and get a bunch of cool things that help you out. like the hit points. it not even that expensive. plus the ads in the free version are limited if i remember correctly.