PDA

View Full Version : Boat Formations

Shamrock
27th Jan 2007, 22:58
Does anyone else use the boat formations? I started using it and I really liked it, but I had one problem with it. Once a Boat is in a formation you can no longer select it. It follows you around in the formation you select, and attacks what you attack, but you can't select it to assign repair personal with the LB. I hope that is fixed or worked out because otherwise its a great little feature.

In case you don't know how to do it. You open the map, have one ship selected and then move the cursor over another ship that you control and press A. When your done with that close the map and hold X and you will see a formation option by press down on the D pad.

Fry-O-Fish
28th Jan 2007, 02:12
You can select the ships in formation three different ways:
1. Zooming in far enough on the strategic map so you can see the individual ships (much like aircraft squadrons)
2. Select a ship in the formation and hit up or down on the d-pad to cycle between ships in the formation
3. select a ship in the formation, then look at another ship and press down on the right stick (like in the walkthrough vid)

princecaspian4
29th Jan 2007, 00:13
Does anyone else use the boat formations? I started using it and I really liked it, but I had one problem with it. Once a Boat is in a formation you can no longer select it. It follows you around in the formation you select, and attacks what you attack, but you can't select it to assign repair personal with the LB. I hope that is fixed or worked out because otherwise its a great little feature.

In case you don't know how to do it. You open the map, have one ship selected and then move the cursor over another ship that you control and press A. When your done with that close the map and hold X and you will see a formation option by press down on the D pad.

you can switch between ships in a formation, you press up or down on the D-pad, that switches between ships in the formation, left and right on the D-pad switch the between the groups you have