PDA

View Full Version : Why Release a PC demo that does not work for most??

seadog
27th Jan 2007, 20:46
I have been looking forward to this game, when I saw the demo I quickly began to download the file.....

They lock us into gamespy (ad ware) which doesn't work. Most of the PC people on this forum cannot even get the game to connect to gamespy, including me. I cannot even get they game to work on LAN mode unless there is more than one person, at least let us fly around alone so we can see the graphics........

I have not seen a single message from Eidos on this Eidos board about the PC demo not working, if we can't get support before the game comes out then what can we expect after the game comes out....

I understand that the real game has single player missions but if the demo will not work why would I buy an nonreturnable full game.......

I hope Eidos will address this issue...

Fr3AkAzOiD
27th Jan 2007, 21:20
This is what is known as a "release beta".
When the game hits the shelves there will either already be a patch or one will be out within a week.

Hopefully........

seadog
27th Jan 2007, 21:25
Hopefully is right

andy3536
27th Jan 2007, 21:25
Those of us that have played the demo on XBL can see the potential this game has, all of the problems at the moment are to do with online gaming which they can always release an update for so there is no reason to expect that the single player game will have any problems!
As for buying a game you have never played there are all the online reviews (all of which are very positive) and then you have to ask youself is this the sort of game you would normally go for?

Keir
27th Jan 2007, 21:26
I have been looking forward to this game, when I saw the demo I quickly began to download the file.....

They lock us into gamespy (ad ware) which doesn't work. Most of the PC people on this forum cannot even get the game to connect to gamespy, including me. I cannot even get they game to work on LAN mode unless there is more than one person, at least let us fly around alone so we can see the graphics........

I have not seen a single message from Eidos on this Eidos board about the PC demo not working, if we can't get support before the game comes out then what can we expect after the game comes out....

I understand that the real game has single player missions but if the demo will not work why would I buy an nonreturnable full game.......

I hope Eidos will address this issue...

Hi,

The demo is working for a large number of people, but I can see there are loads of threads with people having real trouble.

I'm going to work on getting a comprehensive FAQ to help people in your position and I'll also speak to the dev team about what could potentially be done to rectify the problem in a patch for the full game.

seadog
27th Jan 2007, 21:29
Thanks Keir, I will be looking for it.....

Keir
27th Jan 2007, 21:33
Thanks Keir, I will be looking for it.....

No worries. Check this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=64935), it may help you. But rest assured that along with me, the dev team are (and have been) looking over this forum, so we are listening. I'll keep you posted on what transpires in terms of a possible patch.

In the mean time, I'm going to move this to the PC forum.