PDA

View Full Version : No Support for Saitex x52

NavalLord
27th Jan 2007, 19:57
Why doesn't this game support the Saitex x52 joystick? Surely it can't be that hard for the devs to add support for an advanced joystick. It is annoying beyond hell to fly with the mouse. Maybe someone here has a fix to getting the x52 to work.

johnston21
28th Jan 2007, 16:25
Me 2 (X-45 & pedals here). :D

Seclude
29th Jan 2007, 01:02
Try using a program called Joymouse http://www.vp-soft.com/software/joymouse.php and you can assign all your keyboard/mouse functions to the joystick, even mouse movements. 30 day trial, so... =P

johnston21
29th Jan 2007, 19:19
Saitek has a programing app (that should work) to map to the mouse & keyboard, but with BS:M supporting other (Saitek) joysticks, you'd think the X-45 & X-52 would map without the need for the programing app. :nut:

Thing is, the X-45 axis' aren't even registering in the Controls set-up. :mad2:

Is there a Controls config. file that can be editted? :confused:

NavalLord
29th Jan 2007, 19:23
That's what I'm saying. The control setup doesn't recognize any part of the joystick, no buttons or axis. The Saitek programming app doesn't set the axis, only buttons. I'm using the program Seclude suggested, but that expires in 30 days.
I don't know why they have that pre-loaded joystick stuff. It makes it look like you can't use any other joysticks, just those. It's very strange. Why didn't the devs so what other devs do and allow us to use any joystick.

Iron Sound
29th Jan 2007, 22:52
Is this exclusive to the "advanced" controllers mentioned? (I'd like to gain the extra throttle stick in the future :))

I have a standard Saitek force feedback stick - are any sticks supported?

I thought this was supposed to be a joystick-compatible game!

BF2's biggest error was to not support a joystick, I hope this game can address this controller issue! A mouse sucks with flying machines!

NavalLord
29th Jan 2007, 23:57
This game only supports:

standard Xbox gamepad
Logitech RumblePad 2
Logitech Extreme 3D PRO
Saitek P880 controller
Xbox360 Gamepad
That Joymouse program doesn't work too well with this game. It sort of messes stuff up with the ships, since they use the same controls as planes.
Iron Sound, BF2 supports joysticks, I can use my X52 with it.

Seclude
30th Jan 2007, 01:06
It's supports more than that, I have a Saitek P990. works fine, though I prefer mouse/keyboard.

gzr_groundhog
30th Jan 2007, 02:57
I didn't have any luck with the Logitech RumblePad 2 . But the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO seems to work OK. I wasn't able to use the drag function on the map but it might be I don't know how to do it. Tomorrow i get a manual, I hope.:rolleyes:

NavalLord
30th Jan 2007, 04:50
It's supports more than that, I have a Saitek P990. works fine, though I prefer mouse/keyboard.Yea, that one is in the pre-loads, but it's not listed in the Read Me. What I'm saying is, why did Eidos only choose certain joysticks? Why didn't they make it so you could use any, like every other game.

johnston21
30th Jan 2007, 22:55
We need answers, before we'll (I) buy the game. Come-on!!! :mad2:

Iron Sound
30th Jan 2007, 23:37
Iron Sound, BF2 supports joysticks, I can use my X52 with it.

Really? I will re-install BF2 some day and have a try! Cheers!

Frey
6th Feb 2007, 23:40
Has anyone tried using mouse and keyboard setup - but then binding the flight controls to a joystick (mine is MS precision 2)? :scratch:

I like the controls for the game, but I want to fly with joystick...

Thanks

see_rock_city
8th Feb 2007, 02:47
Thanks to member imnotcanadian all you have to do is make sure your accelerator/slider is in the up/neutral/centered position before setting joystick controls. I have an MS Sidewinder "old school model" and it worked like a charm for flight controls!:)

NavalLord
8th Feb 2007, 02:48
The Saitex x52 snd x45 models don't work because they are HOTAS controllers. Eidos was just too lazy to add support for them.

chip5541
8th Feb 2007, 14:16
That is an assumption and you know what they say about that. Considering the game was developed in Hungery it is possible that the X-45 & 52 are not that popular there. I don't think it is because they were being "lazy" but just simply an oversight. So, please don't be disrespectful and give the devs time to look at the issue.

johnston21
8th Feb 2007, 14:36
give the devs time to look at the issue.

Awesome. Some hope for the future. :)

chip5541
8th Feb 2007, 16:09
yes. since I have one too.

darkstar33
6th Mar 2007, 02:57
No Saitek x52??? WTF. Why make a PC flight game that can't run on a HOTAS controller. Jesus Christ.

XLR
6th Mar 2007, 13:08
i have a thurstmaster fox 2 pro something or other, and i didnt see it listed and figured it wouldnt work, well last night i just picked the Logitech 3d extreme preset and it works great

Napoleon Blownapart
11th Mar 2007, 09:25
Thanks to member imnotcanadian all you have to do is make sure your accelerator/slider is in the up/neutral/centered position before setting joystick controls. I have an MS Sidewinder "old school model" and it worked like a charm for flight controls!:)

I'll have to try that and see if it works. But I have to second the overall sentiment here... I have a Saitek Evo. Never had a problem with any other games. How can you have flight simulation as part of the game and no decent joystick support? That's madness, man!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a patch soon!

youngSam
16th Mar 2007, 11:58
Game doesn't support Saitek X35/36 combo or CH Combatstick. Using the Logitech Extreme Pro preset results in wrong axes assigned to stick. Doesn't seem to recognise axis movement to correct the problem. Old Gravis Eliminator controller works, but less than ideal. Very disappointing - game goes back to shop.

Taelron
17th Mar 2007, 08:19
I also have teh Saitek X52 Joystick setup and I wont buy the "Game was made in Hungry" excuse as to why the thing wont accept the joystick at all...

Simply the developers did an ass end job of porting a console game to PC. This is the same gaff made with Startrek Legacy. You would think Eidos would have paid attention to the fall out there and paid attention to detail to ensure they didnt make the same mistakes...

If this game cant support a very popular joystick that has been around for years then its obviously not ready for the PC market. Even Pacific Storm works with the X52. Sure it doesnt have the same eye candy, but atleast they paid attention to detail enough to enable FUNCTIONAL joystick support.

Who at the company do I have to talk to to get a refund for this crap. I will gladly ship it back in exchange for a refund. I'm not going to go out and buy another joystick just for this game.

hawkeye52CJ
10th May 2007, 03:45
http://www.thebanned.net/images/dunce_t-shirt.jpg