PDA

View Full Version : THIS ROCKS!!!! also post what u like

NF_is_dead_vdub!
27th Jan 2007, 18:33
how many NF players will be uninstalling NF when this comes out.

omg this has NF beat so bad (cant wait till i can use swordfish and the illustrious :rasp: )
to bad ive spent over 450$ :mad2: on NF...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
GREAT GAME

i love the carrier/airfield and submarine combat, i think a dd/cl war would be cool! :lmao:

Amit9821
27th Jan 2007, 22:34
no these r two completely different games. NF u get more ships and can customize them like crazy, and here u get the nice historical stuff. BS has definately killed NF in the graphics department but what can u do? NF is a fully online game, it isnt meant to be an all out full sim. it wont be sold in stores either bcuz the companies making that game(SD Enternet, Team NavyField) dont hav alot of money to spend on making a game. lol its sad how the fireworks look kooler than everything else in NF

o ya dont get a monthly subscription if ur worried about money, i play for free but it cuts u down by a lot.

i would like to see DD/CL too, DD warz would be kool too. specially GB2

Hrtbreakone
28th Jan 2007, 16:11
lol hey Vdub small world :cool:
if this game has a few improvements i'l uninstall nf forsure
had to grind a few months to use YT and now i can just start in it :mad2:
oh well :D

NF_is_dead_vdub!
28th Jan 2007, 19:23
ah well, i have illustrious, and i love swordfish, i CANT wait till i can captain a UK cv in this and fly the swordfish.
i hope they add the illustrious or one of her sisters, and not the ark royal.

Amit9821
28th Jan 2007, 19:27
lol hey Vdub small world :cool:
if this game has a few improvements i'l uninstall nf forsure
had to grind a few months to use YT and now i can just start in it :mad2:
oh well :D

i hav been grinding since December 2005 and have only made it to the Koniegsberg, but screw that, i just own DD/CL noobs in my Z99 equipped with 6.75" guns and normal/heavyshells

NF_is_dead_vdub!
28th Jan 2007, 19:48
:lol: bismarck 2 lvls from h39, illustrious 8 lvls from ark royal :mad2:

but i have a feeling when i buy this game, ill be playing NF less :nut:

Hrtbreakone
29th Jan 2007, 17:56
been playing nf since beta so had every nation but jap :p
but its always the same long wait for a game to start and there over way to soon :mad2:

Adolfz15
29th Jan 2007, 18:01
I have been playing since beta too this is Shifty19.. I have an Essex with lvl 90 pilots, also i have a lvl 70 Km crew...and nF sucks.

whoopy91
29th Jan 2007, 19:30
wha the hell is NF ?

scubanutter
15th Feb 2007, 16:38
nf is navy field i played it once but i found graphics not that good when compared with other games i have played.

antiSniper07
15th Feb 2007, 19:23
Im so old I remember the very first Naval Sim, it was called "Battleship". You played on a board with these little pegs. I was always yelling, "You Sunk My Battleship!".

My how things have changed! :whistle:

Vindicator
15th Feb 2007, 20:32
LOL ya its abit different now. Although I still get my battleship sunk :)

joesmaname
15th Feb 2007, 23:25
The first naval sim I played was "North Atlantic Convoy Raider" from Avalon Hill, on my C64. Actually it was hardly a sim by today’s standards. So far I'm liking the game play in BSM. Not perfect but so far the most fun for the money. Anybody here have "Pacific Storm" to compare it to??

Joker1974
16th Feb 2007, 19:53
NF and BS:M are totally different games in my opinion. I thought as well, when I got BS:M I wouldn't play NF anymore, but BS:M is just an arcade game for me though. And really, you can't compare the two.

I haven't played BS:M online yet, didn't bother to install Gamespy.... seems I have to do a full reinstall for that (how sucky).

Still, NF is fun to play, don't you think? Ranting and *****ing with 128 guys in a room...

NimitsTexan
18th Feb 2007, 23:35
BSM is not a sim by any stretch of the imagination (more of a semi-historical real time strategy), but it is alot more fun than Pacific Storm in my opinion. Pacific Storm is too obviously a "Eurogame" (lots of micro-managing without a really good idea of just what it is you are managing). Personally, I plan to sell my copy of Pacific Storm on E-Bay . . .

joesmaname
19th Feb 2007, 01:12
BSM is ... more of a semi-historical real time strategy...

I know what you mean, it's a little arcady but I really like the mix, there is a decent playability vs realism trade off and the visuals are awesome. I was going to get Pacific storm but didn't like what I read and then saw and downloaded the BS:M demo - Just bought the full game today :)

chip5541
19th Feb 2007, 07:15
I like both PS and BM and have both. I constantly play both throught the week.

joesmaname
20th Feb 2007, 05:28
I like both PS and BM and have both. I constantly play both throught the week.

I'm under the impression that PS was more large scale strategy and air war oriented and not so much the various naval positions in detail used in BS:M, such as manning: AA guns, Main guns, Torpedoes, Damage control, Navigation (right down to avoiding incoming torpedoes... or trying to) Is that correct?

NFbabs
20th Feb 2007, 21:07
how many NF players will be uninstalling NF when this comes out.

omg this has NF beat so bad (cant wait till i can use swordfish and the illustrious :rasp: )
to bad ive spent over 450$ :mad2: on NF...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
GREAT GAME

i love the carrier/airfield and submarine combat, i think a dd/cl war would be cool! :lmao:

NF will live. Trust me.

Babs out!

Ichiro071
20th Feb 2007, 22:42
Babs is right NF will live because of the Leveling feature, leveling up in games is an addiction for some people. And since it takes so long in NF to level up it will stick around for awhile. Plus the fact that NF is now totally free (although good luck leveling without paying $$).

I haven't played NF, since I got my XBOX 360 any dang way. MUAHAHA

- Ichiro71 (Ichiro071)

Joker1974
22nd Feb 2007, 11:32
BS:M is at the bottom of my stack of games I play. I can't seem to get the online bit working (created gamespy login, put it in the multi player bit in BS:M and .... pc freezes every single time, only cure to pull the power plug out of the pc. Personally, I think it is a lack of interest by the dev's not to included a build-in stand alone MP feature in the game. Why needing a third party MP host).

Ok, done ranting...

Only thing I wanted to say.... back to NF! And PS comes out with a new game soon, only thing I haven't figured out if it is an add-on or a new stand-alone game.

chip5541
22nd Feb 2007, 13:03
Stand alone game. It was going to be an addon but some much was done that I would be more inclined to consider it a sequal. Might I suggest if you wish to discuss the specifics of the game try this link: http://www.pacificstorm.net/forum/index.php. I'm sure there are going to be paralels drawn between these game (BM, PS and NF) but each one is a different beast and while I never tried NF, I find that BM and PS: Allies are well worth owning.