PDA

View Full Version : Help in Kasahkistan

jeepster
27th Jan 2007, 16:16
I jumped off the cliff and parachuted down into the camp, killed everyone and now cant figure out how to continue on. Please help. This is on PS2

Lunideth
27th Jan 2007, 18:14
There is ladder in house. You must climb on it....

jeepster
30th Jan 2007, 20:45
I ran aroud for an hour looking for a way out and the ladder was right in front of me the whole time. I feel dumb.

fiek
9th Feb 2007, 10:21
Im already into amanda room with her monster , how i get out from there ?

rabid metro
10th Feb 2007, 05:51
Im already into amanda room with her monster , how i get out from there ?

forget about killing the monster, you don't have enough firepower ...

listen to your headset!
people say that zip and alistair are annoying but i found them useful in this instance...

fiek
10th Feb 2007, 08:27
so what i must do ? how can i get more fire power

BassViper
12th Feb 2007, 15:20
I find the motorcycle ride alng the train needlessly long, boring in fact, but other than that I like TRL. And I'm a 64 year old man. My wife loves it also.

LauraH
19th Feb 2007, 20:00
I'm new to TRL and I agree with Bassviper.

In fact, i've become so frustrated with the motorcycle ride by the trian I'm thinking of giving up the game entirely.

I play on a PC laptop, my left habd is so cramped from trying to run the damn bike down thru the trees and this pecular habit the game has at this point that if I do nothing, it's like a magnet that pulls my bike into the train track and then never goes anywhere. I've let the game run for an hour now as the bike goes down the side of the tracks and nothing happens.

I'd love to go on but this one has me stumped. This bike ride is either so boring that I'm going to quit or so impossible to get through without real pain in my left hand that's it's just not worth the trouble.

Does somebody have a way around this really stupid scene?

Captain Mazda
19th Feb 2007, 20:12
so what i must do ? how can i get more fire power

Dive around the room to activate the 4 switches around the room one at a time. Don't worry, Amanda's beast can't hurt you when you're pulling the switches. Just keep diving and stay out of the fire that begins to swirl out of the ground when the beast is ready to attack. After the 4 switches are activated, 4 orbs should fold down in the ceiling. Get to the turret in the middle of the room and use it to grab Amanda's beast and push it into one of the electrical boards in the room, near an orb. Shock it, then as soon as possible, push the orb to connect it to power, turn, push the next orb, turn, etc. Do this until all 4 orbs are connected, get out of the turret, and use the grapple to grab the shard right above the turret. As soon as your grapple touches it, the cut-scene will begin.

Remember, each time you push an orb, there is a short amount of time it will stay connected. So once you push one, push the other 3 as soon as possible or you'll be forced to do it again.

LauraH
19th Feb 2007, 20:31
I don't understand this magnet effect that pulls my bike up by the train.

I've never seen a game that does something like this when the player does nothing.

I've walked away from it for over an hour and come back and there's Lara still riding the bike down the track on the side of the tracks.

What does this scene lead to? How can i get out of it? It's like biker hell.
Help please! (I HATE these motorcycle rides. They must have programmed them for joysticks and then advertised the game as a PC keyboard game.

I'm so frustrated and in pain I'm pissed I spent money for this.

Captain Mazda
19th Feb 2007, 22:37
Err, they're actually quite easy with a keyboard =)

rabid metro
20th Feb 2007, 01:04
In fact, i've become so frustrated with the motorcycle ride by the trian I'm thinking of giving up the game entirely.
I'd love to go on but this one has me stumped...

three things to consider:

(the first is rather obvious)
1. with so many "experts" hanging around here, either every one is a cheater, or players have actually mastered this frustrating ride ...

2. strangely, the ride is not measured in distance, or time spent travelling down the road!
so, if you wait, the game will wait with you, to an extent.
(i always thought that if you were too slow then you'd hear that you lost touch with the train and its game over ...)

the progress of the ride is measured in mercenaries killed!?!
to make progress, you HAVE to kill all of the mercenaries in sight.
certain riding strategies are a little more effective than others.

3. you'll need perserverance to become proficient on the bike and a master at dispatching merc's.
on the bike, it helps if you have a steady hand (which i understand may be problem).
you should choose a path as close to straight down the middle, as possible.
try to maximize accelerating forward, but don't be afraid to slow down and angle yourself behind merc riders, a/o vehicles, a/o ramps, etc.
also, the bike has brakes, and they can be handy, but generally the idea is to roll up on merc's and waste them!
aim for health packs and plan a path away from hard obstacles. avoid sudden swerves. don't turn around ...
use a health pack before rolling over a new one!
if you want, you can lean on your regular guns (i.e. constantly shooting), but there are more effective strategies for using the guns!
after awhile you should notice that the ride has a certain internal rhythm to it ...
if you want a challenge, try to kill the merc's by using the exploding fuel cans alone (after the first one)!

the bike rides are, to me, another instance where this was soooo difficult the first time through, but now i challenge myself to kill merc's 3 or 4 at a time!

i've felt like quitting before. i'm glad that i didn't ...
i'm guessing that you wouldn't be satisfied if you skipped over this ...

The say that in kazakhstan, the name of the game is bomb raider ...:rolleyes:

Captain Mazda
20th Feb 2007, 01:44
(the first is rather obvious)
1. with so many "experts" hanging around here, either every one is a cheater, or players have actually mastered this frustrating ride ...

Well that's a nice way to generalize the Tomb Raider populace here, huh?

Give me a break.

Astara
20th Feb 2007, 23:59
I've walked away from it for over an hour and come back and there's Lara still riding the bike down the track on the side of the tracks.

I had a similar problem when I was first playing -- especially the 2nd half of the motorcycle ride in kaz. But if I left the keyboard Lara stopped riding and the game would quickly reset claiming Lara had missed train, amanda would get artifact "for sure"...

I was able to duplicate the long rides -- but only if I left something on my keyboard holding down the forward motion key. Then Lara would usually stay near the train and the level will never progress.

As a previous poster said. The only way to progress is to kill/eliminate the mercs.

There are about 3 groups of motorcycle mercs in the first half (running from memory here), then in 2nd half of kazakstan, something like
motorcycle group; only rifle mercs
motorcycle group; rifle mercs + a shotgun merc;
motocycle group -- 2or3 shotgun mercs;
1 SUV+motorcycles
2-SUV's + motorcycles;
3-SUV's (final group);

That's how you can tell progress -- like I think group 3 was always 2-3 shotgun (white T-shirt) mercs. The groups always come in the same order. The only slight confusion might be is in that in some situations, someone from the previous group might be left over when the next group appears, though usually you have to get rid of one group before the next one starts.

I'll have to take notes on the group order sometime. But in Kazak, progress is *ONLY* by "offing" groups of mercs -- no landmarks other than the mountain pass between the 2 motorcycle sections.

The motorbike sections are very hard on a PC without a game console. I went out and bought a gamepad (Logitech Rumblepad 2), which appears to be nearly an exact duplicate of the PS2 controller (different button labels, but same button layout).

Strategies are difficult -- a few though -- try to pick up as many healing packs as you can. If you have 3 packs, you might want to make sure you are also healed 100% -- i.e. don't wait the "normal" amount until you are down half or so, maybe even down 25% because if you have 3 packs you can't pickup more. So might as well make space for 1 if you need healing -- this is especially important if you play this level on "Hard".

Also -- strategies - weaving behind someone can sometimes cause them to crash because they weren't looking were they were going and they are turning around to try to shoot you.
You can sometimes run into other bikers and cause them to crash (doesn't work with SUVs though).

Good luck....
A*a