PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a singleplayer demo for PC?

Simthor
26th Jan 2007, 18:06
Just wondering, because I am not or ever have been a big multiplayer person,
and also because it could give a nice inside preview and some basic strategies.

Zeus52
26th Jan 2007, 18:10
alright listen. I know you said your not a big multiplayer type gamer. but for this game I highly recommend playing with and against other people. It makes the game that much better.

But about your question. I believe that there will not be a single player demo.

Necros
26th Jan 2007, 18:15
I'd like to have a singleplayer demo too but I also think it's not likely to happen. :( Some computer opponents would've been good for this MP demo to try out the gameplay before going against others. And connection problems would not be an issue either.

RSGodfrey
26th Jan 2007, 18:19
Is this game not designed for single-players? I dont multi-play either

Corvall
26th Jan 2007, 18:21
The full game will have a single player component (campaign along with individual unit 'challenge' missions). But the demo is multiplayer only.

Corvall

arildsat
26th Jan 2007, 19:27
alright listen. I know you said your not a big multiplayer type gamer. but for this game I highly recommend playing with and against other people. It makes the game that much better.

Then the single player mode must be bad. Really bad. Like format your hard drive bad. I've spent the last 3 hours trying to connect to a game server. Got in twice. Watched the game stutter by at 5 fps (and, no, it is not my hardware or connection. Honest). then somebody bombd me. It pressed every button on the keyboard in a search for the magic button that makes something happen. Don't really know what I need to happen (I was thinking flak might work, but there's no way to know), as there is no manual, training mission or anything else, which was ironic, because when I sunk, I didn't really know how that happened (again, I was thinking bombs, but at 5 fps, it's not easy to tell).

With a single player demo, I might have found out how the graphics look. I may even have had the time to sit down and plow through the user interface in peace. This would have been good things.

No, I am not going to buy a 360. And as it looks, I'm not going to buy this game either.

darklord212
26th Jan 2007, 20:33
THis is the same reason why i preffer game systems to PCs. Games rarley screw up on the 360 and lag is not much of an issue and dont have to worry about upgrading anything it its cheaper. lol and also ther just for gaming unlike whenm i have to get off the pc casue a family member gota type something or do a project haha.