PDA

View Full Version : Router

MDFMac
26th Jan 2007, 17:55
every time i try to connect to a game it reboots my router.. i have done every thing normal to try to go around this even was able to connect to a lan game but when i connect my router starts rebooting and dosent stop untill i exit game. it is a WRT54GS Linksys router.. makes no sence but router works fine. have 5 comps on it an 3 phones currently and all work fine untill i turn game on.

MDFMac
26th Jan 2007, 22:25
so no one has had this problem?

ECPowers
27th Jan 2007, 00:06
Hey, just wanted to let you know i have the exact same router and i'm not experiencing the kind of problems

Servili007
27th Jan 2007, 01:10
welcome to the navyfield betrayers ECPowers :D

Rafterman82
27th Jan 2007, 01:12
do a firmware update of the router from the manufacturers website, this may solve your problem also do a hard reset of the router and put all your settings back in from scratch, also check your LAN cable as it may be a cross wire. in all my expirence i have never seen a machine reboot a router, ive seen a machine crash a hub but not reboot a router.

MDFMac
27th Jan 2007, 01:23
well that cant even be close.... there is absolutly nothing wrong with the router... i have 3 computers gameing currently on it... and 3 internet phones currently working on it at the same time as 2 wirelss lap tops running... if any thing i have overloaded it but there is something in this game when it connects to a server it crashs the router and causes it to reboot the WAN side. the LAN side stays connected for sum reason

Rafterman82
27th Jan 2007, 01:29
what do the logs say on the router wen it falls over , hav u checked?

and again hav u done a firmware update of the router, if not do one

MDFMac
27th Jan 2007, 02:09
i will do a update on my firmware but i know that isnt the problem. the firmware is not behind by much and when i read the patch notes on the new firmware it didnt really do any thing but add some features to the wireless.

and there is nothing in the router for logs of its functions.. only for firewall blocks and what not. and there is nothing there of interest.

Rafterman82
27th Jan 2007, 02:13
best u can do to track the issue is maybe borrow a router off a mate, and try it, of try ur machine on a diff net connection if possible, all u can hope for now is to track the problem as oppose to fixing it

sniperstorm
27th Jan 2007, 03:31
You are NOT crazy I have a linksys router and it reboots my router also. Only time that has ever happened to me , and only when I try to play this game. Works great on everything.

Goober74
27th Jan 2007, 04:57
Same dang thing here!

sniperstorm
27th Jan 2007, 15:13
So has anyone found a solution for this?

antiSniper07
27th Jan 2007, 17:36
Router Reboots

One question? Is your network wireless?

MDFMac
27th Jan 2007, 20:50
no but i do have some lap tops and one wireless phone on the same router.. but all 3 of my gameing machines are wired

Seclude
27th Jan 2007, 22:55
I am having this EXACT same problem. My game works 100% fine directly to the Cable Modem, I have the updated Firmware for my router, it is the Linksys WRT54G. The game runs exceptional on my system, However the Router restarts whenever joining a game or hosting.

I have one wireless connection on the router.

Ascelus
27th Jan 2007, 22:56
Seclude and I are working on this problem, we are trying a solution by switching his modem -> router cable with Cat6 replacing a Cat5e... crossover, to non-crossover.

We will post our results shortly =)

EDIT : No effect. The problem persists, and we are trying to resolve via other methods.

Seclude
27th Jan 2007, 23:27
Disabling Wireless does not effect, Motifying MTU does not help the situation. Disabling, and enabling certain options does not help, DMZ on or off doesn't make a difference, along with port forwards.

Ascelus
27th Jan 2007, 23:28
Seclude and I are working on this problem, we are trying a solution by switching his modem -> router cable with Cat6 replacing a Cat5e... crossover, to non-crossover.

We will post our results shortly =)

EDIT : No effect. The problem persists, and we are trying to resolve via other methods.

EDIT : We've tried quite a few things, and nothing seems to work. I don't understand why the router reboots completely whenever BSM tries anything network related. It just doesn't make any sense. Might there be any reason considering the relation to the NAT being disabled ?

sniperstorm
28th Jan 2007, 00:40
EDIT : We've tried quite a few things, and nothing seems to work. I don't understand why the router reboots completely whenever BSM tries anything network related. It just doesn't make any sense. Might there be any reason considering the relation to the NAT being disabled ?

I have the same router and the same problem, this makes no sense at all. Is anyone here from the came company have any answers?