PDA

View Full Version : cant connect!

loner9
26th Jan 2007, 15:43
I can't seem to get this working. I installed the demo, and I keep getting a Gamespy error "nickname error" or "problems connecting to server."

I couldn't wait to play this demo, but i literally cringed when I saw the Gamespy tag. Sure enough, pwned by Gamespy.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm dying to play this.

Cpt.sharp
26th Jan 2007, 15:45
Could this be your firewall?

chip5541
26th Jan 2007, 15:45
I am also getting the same but when i do get everything right it tells me my nick name has expired then when i try to reconnect it say unable to connect.

Firewall is open for BM.

loner9
26th Jan 2007, 15:47
This my gaming pc, so no firewall. Is anyone else able to connect?

Tank0813
26th Jan 2007, 15:57
I can host a game, then on the setup screen it waits a minute and says ERROR: No challenge value received from master server.

I can't connect to other games either... just says connection lost.

jaywalker2309
26th Jan 2007, 16:00
I can host a game, then on the setup screen it waits a minute and says ERROR: No challenge value received from master server.

I can't connect to other games either... just says connection lost.

Have you read the readme which lists all info needed to get game hosting/playing.

Also have you ticked `firewall` option in the configuration program, this sometimes helps as it will advise you what its trying to do

loner9
26th Jan 2007, 16:00
still having the same problem.

I never had a Gamespy account, so i picked out a nickname, email, etc with in the BM game.

When i click Register, i get "problem encountered trying to connect to server."

When I click Login Selected, i get "nickname error"

I've tried switching names, nicknames, and email addresses, and nothing...

very frustrating...

TBoss
26th Jan 2007, 16:16
I'm having the same problems as well. :mad2:

ravem
26th Jan 2007, 16:20
Problem here also.

gzr_groundhog
26th Jan 2007, 16:22
I'm having the same problem also and I have a gamespy account

Gouranga
26th Jan 2007, 16:23
same problem here... it says my name expired :S

Gouranga
26th Jan 2007, 16:26
I dont think anyone can connect...

Insider
26th Jan 2007, 16:27
can't connect either...
its says wrong password....

chip5541
26th Jan 2007, 16:28
Got it. Too tired and sick. What I did was DL the gamespy arcade 2.0 (free version because I am cheap) and once installed and set to open in my firewall options everything is good to go

Gouranga
26th Jan 2007, 16:30
so you downloaded gamespy and it worked?

TBoss
26th Jan 2007, 16:31
Got it. Too tired and sick. What I did was DL the gamespy arcade 2.0 (free version because I am cheap) and once installed and set to open in my firewall options everything is good to go

What's the link to the Gamespy Arcade 2.0?

Gouranga
26th Jan 2007, 16:32
http://www.fileplanet.com/49493/download/GameSpy-Arcade-v2.03-%5BFull-Install%5D

there it is sir.

TBoss
26th Jan 2007, 16:33
http://www.fileplanet.com/49493/download/GameSpy-Arcade-v2.03-%5BFull-Install%5D

there it is sir.

Thank you! Do you have to subscribe to fileplanet for this?

chip5541
26th Jan 2007, 16:39
I didnt see the free one.

Here is that link

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/download/

Just click the ad supported one. If you have subscribed to places like 3Dgamers or IGN then you can use that username and password.

Fr3AkAzOiD
26th Jan 2007, 16:56
Tried to make my own thread but for some reason it won't let me.
Game won't open up/start.

Updated everything in the game (OS, DirectX, Vid Card).

When installing the game it said that I met the minimum requirements with Amd 3200+, a gig ram, GeForce 6800GT, Windows 2000 Pro.

When I double click the game I get the error.....

Unable to locate DLL
The Dynamic link library XINPUT_1_3.dll could not be found in the specified path.

Everything was installed in the default location.
tried starting the game from desktop, start menu, folder game is installed in.

Tried a reinstalling and rebooting but same thing.

Can somone please help?
I havn't waited 2 years for this to have the stupid computer not let me play.

chip5541
26th Jan 2007, 16:59
I had the same problem first time. Uninstall then reinstall. When it asks to install DirX 9.0c say yes. If you abort it, it will come up with that error.

chip5541
26th Jan 2007, 17:05
How about some specifics? Your system? Did you install DirX 9.0c that came with teh demo?

Ascelus
26th Jan 2007, 17:09
Im receiving the same problem as well.

I am not using a router. My integrated windows XP firewall is disabled (Ive tried both options in demo setup, with no luck.)
I tried installing gamespy arcade, that didn't help at all.

Yes, I get the same error as everyone else : "Can't connect."

Lame.

The very least they could have done is provided an offline mode. Im quite dissapointed.

- Ascelus

OperationPhoenix
26th Jan 2007, 17:10
Grrr..I can not login either..AND there is no _ "underscore" where you type in your info..so I can not login with my email due to the fact that I have an _ in it..

yes I have a back up account which I used that i could not log in

I will post screens shortly

There really needs to be an ingame browser and or a direct IP where you can host your own game without all of this gamespy garbage :mad2:

chip5541
26th Jan 2007, 17:14
Grrr..I can not login either..AND there is no _ "underscore" where you type in your info..so I can not login with my email due to the fact that I have an _ in it..

yes I have a back up account which I used that i could not log in

I will post screens shortly

There really needs to be an ingame browser and or a direct IP where you can host your own game without all of this gamespy garbage :mad2:

There is an underscore. Try using your keyboard.

Fr3AkAzOiD
26th Jan 2007, 17:15
First time installing said "yes" to DirX 9C and it didn't work, second time I said "no" it still didn't work. Will try yet another re-install.

chip5541
26th Jan 2007, 17:15
Im receiving the same problem as well.

I am not using a router. My integrated windows XP firewall is disabled (Ive tried both options in demo setup, with no luck.)
I tried installing gamespy arcade, that didn't help at all.

Yes, I get the same error as everyone else : "Can't connect."

Lame.

The very least they could have done is provided an offline mode. Im quite dissapointed.

- Ascelus

Even with the firwall disabled you still need to allow gamespy arcade access. It's funky the way it works. See the gamespy help link in teh readme file.

Ascelus
26th Jan 2007, 17:16
Gamespy should have already added support for the game at launch, considering Xbox already supports the demo. Lack of competent PC support team, or what ?

This is extremely annoying.

OperationPhoenix
26th Jan 2007, 17:17
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/bootyac/error1.jpg

Ascelus
26th Jan 2007, 17:17
Even with the firwall disabled you still need to allow gamespy arcade access. It's funky the way it works. See the gamespy help link in teh readme file.

Very well, i will give it a try.

chip5541
26th Jan 2007, 17:18
First time installing said "yes" to DirX 9C and it didn't work, second time I said "no" it still didn't work. Will try yet another re-install.

I wonder if it might be an issue with Windows 2000 Pro. I know some games have a real bugger of a time with it.

Fr3AkAzOiD
26th Jan 2007, 17:23
Havn't had any issues with Win 2kPro and other games.

Have a few tricks up my sleaves still.
Doubt they will work but worth at shot.

I have a copy of XP Pro but wouldn't have the time to backup my stuff and get the system up and ready again for about a month. :(

OperationPhoenix
26th Jan 2007, 17:24
ok...I did not know you could type your info in 'manually'.Got that sorted out..

still can not connect with the GAME but I have no problem connecting to gamespy.

OperationPhoenix
26th Jan 2007, 17:27
freak...if you do an 'upgrade' instead of a new install with xp it wont erase your saved data.

OperationPhoenix
26th Jan 2007, 17:38
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/bootyac/finally.jpg

BigPun
26th Jan 2007, 17:43
Hey all, my game keeps freezing up whenever I get into the player lobby or click on the select team screen and I have to do a cold boot on my pc. I have Re-installed once already and I installed DX9 but I have no idea why this is happening anyone else getting this?? Thanks!
-Poon

Dyn
26th Jan 2007, 17:53
@all

why can you all play:confused:

i have big problems to login Gamespy.

Can somebody help me:confused:

chip5541
26th Jan 2007, 17:56
Are you having any of these issues? http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=64833

What are your system specs?

Dyn
26th Jan 2007, 17:59
@chip5541

ok, i must download gamespy arcade.
My system is HighEnd.

Do you think the game runs with Gamespy Arcade :confused:

chip5541
26th Jan 2007, 18:01
Gamespy is required to play online although I have another thread that lets you play LAN online.

Fr3AkAzOiD
26th Jan 2007, 18:02
freak...if you do an 'upgrade' instead of a new install with xp it wont erase your saved data.

You 100% sure about that?

OperationPhoenix
26th Jan 2007, 18:05
Yup..just pop in your cd it will ask if you want to 'upgrade' then select yes.

its just going to overwrite your program files and windows files..but the stuff thats not in those files should be saved.

there are plenty of tutorials out there on more specifics..I can help you later if you need it,but Im trying to get a game going on here.

ScottWAR
26th Jan 2007, 18:06
Gamespy Arcade is NOT required to play.

This is a paste and copy from another thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, all you have to do is register your name again by putting in the info and clicking register....UNLESS you have a invalid character in your name, such as _ or - etc.. If so you need to take those out and reregister.

You also might have to open certain ports to get register to work,.... it froze my game until I DMZ'ed my computer. Then it registered fine. After registering I UN DMZ'ed my computer and it connects fine.

My gamespy name was Scott_WAR, and it would not accept it. When I changed it to ScottWAR, leaving all other info the same, I registered (after DMZing) and have been good to go since.

chip5541
26th Jan 2007, 18:09
Thanks for the update, Scott.

BigPun
26th Jan 2007, 18:14
Scott can you maybe help me please? My game keeps freezing and I just tried hosting a game and it says unable to query server you may need to open port 6500 but I am pretty sure I did?? I went into the Windows Firewall settings and then clicked add port and I added all the ones gamespy said to open by manually typing in the port number is there something I am missing?? Can you do a step by step process on how you got yours to stop freezing? Thanks bud!

Airmarshall
26th Jan 2007, 18:14
Hey all, my game keeps freezing up whenever I get into the player lobby or click on the select team screen and I have to do a cold boot on my pc. I have Re-installed once already and I installed DX9 but I have no idea why this is happening anyone else getting this?? Thanks!
-Poon

Same issue here. I click on a game to join and everything freezes. I REALLY want to like this game but this stuff MUST be ironed out before the release of any kind.

BigPun
26th Jan 2007, 18:23
I just tried joining a game and it just sat on the connecting to server screen and Alt-Cntrl-Del worked for once and it said it wasnt responding. I hope there is a way to fix this cause I have been trying since 9 thismorning and its 12 already lol I want to play =(

Slim Vision
26th Jan 2007, 18:58
This is really annoying.

All the ports are forwarded, and since the readme doesn't differentiate between udp and tcp clearly I just put all the ports in for tcp and all the ports in for udp.

When I tried to register an account in-game it just says please wait, forever. Doesn't do anything. Logging in gives me a "unable to connect" error.

So, rather than having to download the pants gamespy arcade application I opted to DMZ my pc just for the time being. I did, and exactly the same thing happened. It gets stuck on the please wait screen when I try and register and the login just chucks out an error saying unable to connect.

I have run the game setup also and selected firewall in there (as it happens it was selected to begin with).

I really don't want to have to download gamespy arcade, more so because I shouldn't have to.:mad2:

Pharseer
26th Jan 2007, 19:01
same error here.

spectre01
26th Jan 2007, 19:29
I have GPA 2.0 and an account. I tried to registe again but the screen just stayed on "please wait" forever... I already turned off my sp2 firewall, and I don't have a router. One of my friends who just start working at Eidos said he played the game at there, and this problem occured even when they tried it... Need some dev guys to give us an answer.

Slim Vision
26th Jan 2007, 21:00
I finally managed to do it. I turned off my routers firewall, and set up DMZ. It then seemed to start communicating properly, then I after a bit of jigery pokery with the account info I finally logged in. Turned off DMZ, reenabled my firewall and I haven't had any trouble since. Played three games so far.

spectre01
26th Jan 2007, 21:16
could you kind enough to explain about how to set up a DMZ, please? I don't even know what does that mean...

ScottWAR
26th Jan 2007, 21:21
DMZ is only if you have a router.

When I connect it seems like my PC has frozen, but after 30 seconds I pop into the game session.

Most of the time when you freeze or cant connect it is a port or firewall issue.

If you dont have a router, try turning off windows firewall AND make sure you unhighlight "firewall" in settings.....gamespy I think.

If you do have a router, try DMZing you computer if you dont know how to open and close ports. To do that go to your router setup (most routers use http://192.168.2.1/ as their setup page), find DMZ in the listing of options it gives, and enable for it your PC.

spectre01
26th Jan 2007, 21:36
i don't have a router, and i do turn off the xp's firewall. i also turn off the "firewall" by using the option.exe file locate in the game folder, and still no use... stuck on "please wait" while registing, can't log in... dunno what to do...

ScottWAR
26th Jan 2007, 21:51
Hmmm, thats odd, freezing there is exactly what happened when I didnt have my ports open. But you dont have a router. Do you know if your ISP has a built in firewall? Its rare, but I have heard of it in the past. If so, you may need to call them to get it figured out.

spectre01
26th Jan 2007, 21:55
i live in Toronto and use Bell's DSL. and i bet they don't have a build in firewall on phone lines.

Jebo44
26th Jan 2007, 22:11
Well I have tried everything, DMZ'd my PC from NAT firewall, shutdown my PC firewall, and tried to enable port 52440 from the router. but...

still get the Unable to receive incoming packets, please open port 52440.

Very frustrating this is...:scratch: :mad2: :nut:

Any wild ideas from the peanut gallery?

Rafterman82
27th Jan 2007, 01:22
DO NOT PUT YOUR PC IN A DMZ
its possibly the most silly thing i have heard, u put your xbox 360 ina dmz because it cant really get hacked, but your PC on the other hand can, you put your PC in a DMZ and its WIDE OPEN to anyone on the net.

Magnus The Pious
27th Jan 2007, 09:24
if you can't Connect tru putting in a fake e-mail aderes and then it should loade it worked for me anyways

hope it works for you people to :)

j00j
27th Jan 2007, 13:12
Cant connect, fake email addres didnt work for me

Saludos

chip5541
27th Jan 2007, 13:30
jooj. Make sure that your firewall / router has the specific ports open in the readme file.

j00j
27th Jan 2007, 13:33
I have a dsl router with all ports open to my MAC address and sygate firewall with "allow all" enabled, but still cant connect and create new account.

Thanks

chip5541
27th Jan 2007, 13:35
Maybe a long shot but have you tried installing Gamespy Arcade 2.0 (free version of course ;) )

j00j
27th Jan 2007, 14:01
Thanks, i just tryed but dont work :mad2:

Saludos

MS-Angevelu
27th Jan 2007, 14:58
If you have one message " loggin invalid " :whistle:

Your pseudo gamespy has to contain on no account punctuations or and ~ * {[¦ ` \ ^]} $^*ù!:;.

Go to Gamespy, edit your profil , Modify your pseudo corectly with only letters.

Erase and to begin again a new profile in the demo

pchees
27th Jan 2007, 16:21
Hi

Have been reading through all the problems on connecting PC to game today as I have had the same problem.

Have tried the following:

Installed GameSpy 2.0 and have created several new profiles all tested with the game and no luck

Have tried with gamespy running and not, installed and not installed and no luck

have ensured that both the game and gamespy are listed in the XP firewall but no luck

Have switched off my XP firewall and no luck

Have read the readme file that comes with the game and have checked that all the listed ports are available for my computer and my router but no luck

Have DMZ'd my router and no luck

have also tried different combinations of the above but ..... no luck

I am in Dubai, UAE and perhaps it is an issue with my ISP.... not sure. Am running BF2 with gamespy and no problems

But anyway I wont give up till i get the damn thing working.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

pchees

whoopy91
27th Jan 2007, 18:26
how come do I keep getting this error ?
1. I installed the demo
2.I logged in with the CORRECT information
3. didnt work , so I got to this forum, and saw that I maybe needed too install gamespy arcade, did that, logged in, having gamespy arcade online right now
4.starts the game back up, doesnt werks Again :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

what can I do more ? and no , im not gonna put open that Dzb , becouse I dont know how I can do that

W

ScottWAR
27th Jan 2007, 18:47
what can I do more ? and no , im not gonna put open that Dzb , becouse I dont know how I can do that

W

Well, not knowing is the problem. You dont have to DMZ, but you will have to open certain ports if you dont......... either way you need to learn how to use your routers settings.

spectre01
27th Jan 2007, 18:54
i don't have a router or firewall, and i install GSA 2.0 twice! and still can't log in with my account.

ScottWAR
27th Jan 2007, 19:12
Oh wait, didnt I try and help you earlier........ you have BellSouth DSL?

Either way remind me

When exactly are you getting unable to connect errors or freezing? When registeringing a name, logging in, or when connecting to a game?

Goober74
27th Jan 2007, 19:30
I get the connection lost when I try to join a game.

ScottWAR
27th Jan 2007, 19:31
Unfortunately thats more than likely the high quality of service Gamespy provides. :rolleyes:

spectre01
27th Jan 2007, 19:32
I am using Bell South I belive... Well, first I tried to log in with my GSA account, it said "unable to connect". Then I tried to register. It froze up at "please wait"... Although I could hit escape button to quit the Gamespy menu. Btw, thanks for your support. :)

ScottWAR
27th Jan 2007, 19:38
Something is blocking you. If you dont have a router, and you have all firewalls disabled, then it has to be your ISP.

I had a friend who had DSL, and his ISP was blocking BF1942. He had to call, but they got it working for him. Might be your best bet.

spectre01
27th Jan 2007, 19:40
k, thanks for the info. I will try to call my ISP...:mad2:

Chillax
27th Jan 2007, 20:04
I can connect with my gamespy acount but the real problem is :

when i click on a server there stands it's not available :S but not 1 server is actually available :mad2: :mad2:
So I try to host my own server guess what.. my computer says there's an error and the game gots shut down ..
any one can help me?

Vengeance
27th Jan 2007, 20:13
This has happened to me each time as well. Every server is declared to not be available, please try again later. I also see that the pings are either 0, 2500, or something like 2165136 so clearly not right. I've forwarded all the requested ports, I've tried to host as well as join, the firewall is letting everything through, I've tried both options with the mysterious "firewall" button in options.exe, basically I am mystified as to why this does not work when every other game doesn't seem to have these problems both on my machine and on many others'. And with no stores allowing returns of opened boxes, I am not likely to try the retail version to see if it is better which means that this demo is probably not going to result in much success, which is unfortunate since those who can play are having a great time.

snoopey
28th Jan 2007, 16:25
why is it such a pain to play computer game online??
why cant it be easy like the ps3???
can someone explain this to me cause every single game i had on the PC(about 10) i had a HORRIBLE time trying to play it online

Seclude
28th Jan 2007, 16:26
why is it such a pain to play computer game online??
why cant it be easy like the ps3???
can someone explain this to me cause every single game i had on the PC(about 10) i had a HORRIBLE time trying to play it online

Because Windows Sucks.

snoopey
28th Jan 2007, 16:29
will so does MAC
WHY DOESNT SONY MAKE COMPUTERS???:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Seal9
31st Jan 2007, 01:11
I solved the can't connect thingy by adding the port numbers into my router as known application ports. Right after doing that I could connect.

So add the portnumbers of the readme file to your router.

cjusmc15
31st Jan 2007, 01:21
well you guys must be really po'ed. i never had any of these probs you guys mentioning. my gamespy account worked just fine. and i have firewall up and all.i never get dissconnected from the game, except when i'm kicked by host, but you guys haven't even gotten there. but it's a really good game. you should all buy it. demos are almost never like the real game and plus if there is a connection issue in the full version just play single player campaign until they come out with patch or fix. good luck and get the full game:thumbsup:.

menace2
31st Jan 2007, 01:47
i dont even get past the login screen. it tells me "unable to connect" for literally a split second then changes to "nickname error."

snoopey
31st Jan 2007, 01:59
lol me too, PLZ JOIN THE HAMATCHI SERVERS GUYS

chip5541
31st Jan 2007, 04:49
PLZ JOIN THE HAMATCHI SERVERS GUYS

My god! I have created a monster:rasp: