PDA

View Full Version : The return of the hand of Midas- no touchy

Natla_J
25th Jan 2007, 01:12
I hope they put it back in - I thought the puzzle was a little too easy but I love the mythology referances from the original.

Johnny :p

LaraGirl216
27th Jan 2007, 09:12
It freaked me out. I mean when I was younger I used to watch my relatives play it and as soon as they jumped and landed on it, she turned instantly into gold. I used to have nightmares, anyway. Back to the point I would like to see it again!

pinkangel07
27th Jan 2007, 17:38
i hated when you came back and MORE MONKEYS! AHH! lol, I am in the same boat with you for being scared! I had to use cheats to figure out the part with the lead......... ANYWAY, one level I am kinda excited about is the Colisseum! Oringinally, my fave level was the Cistern, simply because the theme was played. (all the crocodiles scared me... i am a wimp, i guess!) But I can see how Eidos and CD can make and AWESOME Colisseum level! (I got scared down below with the lions and in the royal viweing area when a huge gorilla popped out! lol, I was 6 when the game came out, and I played TR3 first, then went back to the old ones, so I was probably 8! so young!)

Rascalius
28th Jan 2007, 14:36
I'm sure they will include it in TRA because it was necessary to complete that level, turning the lead into gold. When I reach Midas' palace the first thing I'm going to do is swan dive onto the hand, just for giggles. :D I bet Lara's transformation into gold looks great now too. :thumbsup:

Treeble
28th Jan 2007, 15:06
And they should make a Gold variant of the Anniversary action figures! :D

_mil
30th Jan 2007, 08:05
i think i remember that level.. not to sure... but most of the things in tr1+2 scared the hell out of me too... took me ages to get around to finish the games without cheats :P
but the one main gold-lara moment that i hated was in tr4 when lara had that mirror-model made in gold, and that stupid eagle attacked it it boned your health down to much :D

anyhoo, i see NO REASON why crystal should NOT CHANGE anything... :whistle: well, level wise... but there are some nice changes already in the lost valley level... looks hawwwt guys, keep the sweet-and-dandy work up and over there in the US of A.

StarChampagne
30th Jan 2007, 17:50
I loved the Midas hand. However, it might be nice to have a new spin on an old puzzle (we all know we have to collect the bars, when where have they been put?? :D). On the other hand, I felt there were altogether too many animals in TR1. I don't see a problem with the mindless killing aspect, there is just a bit too much. In my opinion. Bang bang, oh look there's another monkey, bang bang :) But just a minor quibble, I love the original to bits.

Diesel_27
31st Jan 2007, 14:16
I hope they put it back in - I thought the puzzle was a little too easy but I love the mythology referances from the original.

Johnny :p

I loved this puzzle! It took me a while actually! When i figured it out i was like "yeah!!!" i hope they keep it in!!:)

Midas
4th Feb 2007, 20:37
I also hope they not only keep the Palace Midas level (and all the other original Tomb Raider levels) but the Hand Of Midas puzzle too! It is a key moment that many people remember from the first game, right?

As mentioned already, they should (and will! You hear me developers!) keep the Hand of Midas puzzle, but update it. For one, the Hand should be made a lot, lot bigger, and placed upon it there could be substantial amounts of statues already, forever covered in gold!

They could even have a platform navigation sequence above it so any wrong move will have Lara full and suffer the most character contradicting death she has in all the games she's appeared in.

It is though isn't it? It is the most exotic death seqeunce and humilating in the entire Tomb Raider franchise so far?! Provided its put into this version, they should make her more vocal and make the whole process where distress is evident.

Anyway, enough about that!

Midas
4th Feb 2007, 22:27
Here's a link that is relevant to this thread me thinks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwWxkficW0o

Rascalius
5th Feb 2007, 13:41
Midas, nice link dude!! Sweeeet. :D :thumbsup:

Midas
6th Feb 2007, 16:52
To back-up the classic appeal of the whole Palace Midas level and its centre piece puzzle, I remember David James when he was playing at Liverpool FC blamed his lack of form on Tomb Raider and that puzzle!

I also remember The Prodigy were on record as stating that the Hand Of Midas puzzle took them a very long time to solve! :)