PDA

View Full Version : CONFIRMED: Tomb Raider Anniversary to release April 2007

MissLara2U
24th Jan 2007, 11:07
"Our second half release schedule will include Tomb Raider Anniversary which celebrates 10 years of Lara Croft and Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider Anniversary will be released on Playstation 2, PSP and PC in April 2007."

SCi Entertainment Trading Update (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3127.html)

CatSuit&Ponytail
24th Jan 2007, 12:48
I'll believe a release date when I have the game in my hot little paws. :D

But having said that, .....YAY!!!! :D

aussie500
24th Jan 2007, 13:05
April is not long to wait :D

nightwishgirl84
24th Jan 2007, 14:11
yes yes yes !!!
me so happy :p

kiss-bite
24th Jan 2007, 14:15
Not that far off!:D

ditom
24th Jan 2007, 15:09
Great!

Johnny
24th Jan 2007, 16:39
Ah, great news! :D Thanks!

norn iron rock!
24th Jan 2007, 18:40
Is it being released in april in the uk and usa at the same time? but still yay:thumbsup: :D

mrcube
24th Jan 2007, 19:08
Great News! Can't wait, only 3 Months away.

Is it being released in april in the uk and usa at the same time? but still yay:thumbsup: :D

It's likely to be, and if there is a difference, it will only be a few days, and if it released earlier in a specific location, it's likely to be the UK, TR's from Britain, so as far as I'm concerned, that's the way it should be.

Raider0011
24th Jan 2007, 19:15
That's good news, now what about an XBox 360 release Eidos... :rolleyes:

Acceber
24th Jan 2007, 20:22
"It's my birthday, and I'll raid if I want to..."

Joshorty
25th Jan 2007, 01:44
Aprils my birthday month too:D Well, late April. But anyway:DThe PSP version better be with it on the same day or a few days after:D

Younglara_babe
25th Jan 2007, 03:27
With my luck, it will come out right in time for Prom.:mad2: I'll come home at 6:30 in the morning and play Tomb Raider until I pass out!:rolleyes:

digifan
25th Jan 2007, 16:26
Great news! I just hope it's not being release on April 1st. :rasp:

Headache
26th Jan 2007, 00:25
Wow. Sooner than I thought.

Lets just hope they didn't rush to get it on the shelves and it ends up being crappy. ****

Treeble
26th Jan 2007, 14:41
... and hopefully one (or six) months later it hits shelves for Nintendo Wii and the Xbox as well. :)

dhama
26th Jan 2007, 15:10
... and hopefully one (or six) months later it hits shelves for Nintendo Wii and the Xbox as well. :)

Complete with a map editor no doubt..... :lol:

Treeble
26th Jan 2007, 15:12
We can only hope. :p

Samoth
26th Jan 2007, 15:49
Wow. Sooner than I thought.

Lets just hope they didn't rush to get it on the shelves and it ends up being crappy. ****

i second that one

ahimsa
27th Jan 2007, 02:26
Please let it be better than Legend and closer to the old TRs.

Joshorty
27th Jan 2007, 05:11
Without a doubt, it will (or it should). I mean, if not, that'd be terribly sad:eek: :) but without a doubt, like I said, it'd be better for sure.

Raider0011
28th Jan 2007, 19:53

I'll second that... I really hope to see a version for XBox 360 and Wii.

Though I don't expect to see a level editor, it would be really cool, and a lot of fun. Imagine downloading fan created levels from XBox Live... How cool would that be? Eidos could release a Collector's Edition with a level editor for a little more money too for those that want it. I would definitely get it. :D

Either way, this game should definitely come out for XBox 360 and Wii... Come on Eidos...

digifan
1st Feb 2007, 16:15
Hi there, fellow TR fans. :D EB Games (http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281690) have this game schedule for May 15th release. Had you pre-order it yet? :scratch:

Joshorty
1st Feb 2007, 16:18
May 15th? Wasn't it scheduled for an April release:scratch: ? But darn if that price is not subjected to change,...:D THAT'S A DARN GOOD PRICE!! It might change later though if I'm right..

mrcube
1st Feb 2007, 16:38
yeah, I was going to say something on this, I asked in GAME (Uk store) what the release date was, and they gave me March 9th, and it wasn't from behind the counter, they rang up and checked with their main office.

Could it be sooner than we'd thought? Let's Hope!

Joshorty
1st Feb 2007, 18:38
o snap that's even earlier:D lucky if that's true. Though, it's already confirmed by the officials, I really dunno what to believe now:D (of course, I still do)

Sorin
1st Feb 2007, 20:20
April? May? March? Um, alrighty then. How about we just split that difference and call it April?

mrcube
1st Feb 2007, 22:52
April? May? March? Um, alrighty then. How about we just split that difference and call it April?

April it is! That one seems to make the most sense, and so far is the only one officially announced from SCi, and if we're lucky enough to get it earlier, then we can celebrate that at the time, lets not get ahead of ourselves! :rolleyes:

And woo, my 100th Post! :rasp:

Trinity88
1st Feb 2007, 22:53
wow i can hardly wait!!

Midas
4th Feb 2007, 21:09
The release date for this is all over the place, though I would hazard a guess that May will be the latest for its release, and I for one am tingling with anticipation! I haven't been this excited about a Tomb Raider game for yonks!

In fact, Okami and Final Fantasy XII are released on the PS2 this month officially in the UK and I rate Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary as highly in the anticipation stakes. That says it all basically.

On top of that, the third person perspective action / adventure genre isn't as well represented as it was a few years ago, and Lara Croft luckily keeps the more traditional type of game found in that genre alive.

Rascalius
5th Feb 2007, 13:44
Sweeeeet!! I'm drooling already here! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NightRain'06
6th Feb 2007, 05:15
I can't wait for the TRA PC demo !! Personally I hope the full game will be released the about the same week of April just like TRL last year; following a tradition if you will. :)

Midas
6th Feb 2007, 16:58
Personally I hope the full game will be released the about the same week of April just like TRL last year; following a tradition if you will. :)

I have a feeling that could be the thinking behind the release of Anniversary. I'm just waiting for the next major press release for this that will hopefully include a run-down of the levels, characters and features (and precise release date).

jgxenite
11th Feb 2007, 23:39
Just an update on possible release dates - Play.com (about the only site I could find that had a pre-order on Anniversary in the UK) is saying the 25th May.

Don't suppose we know if Eidos/Crystal Dynamics are going to release a demo before that do we?

James

mrcube
11th Feb 2007, 23:46
Just an update on possible release dates - Play.com (about the only site I could find that had a pre-order on Anniversary in the UK) is saying the 25th May.

Don't suppose we know if Eidos/Crystal Dynamics are going to release a demo before that do we?

James

:( I don't want to wait till may! Arhh Well, I guess that means they need more time, and I'd rather give them that than get a bad game.

We'll see I guess.

jgxenite
11th Feb 2007, 23:53
I guess that means they need more time, and I'd rather give them that than get a bad game.

Exactly - if only Core had had slightly more time with AOD, perhaps we'd have had a slightly better game.

Going of a bit off-topic here, but do you think the specs are likely to be the same as that of Legend? I wanna make sure it will run on my laptop before I splash out and pre-order the game.

James

mrcube
12th Feb 2007, 00:21
Exactly - if only Core had had slightly more time with AOD, perhaps we'd have had a slightly better game.

Going of a bit off-topic here, but do you think the specs are likely to be the same as that of Legend? I wanna make sure it will run on my laptop before I splash out and pre-order the game.

James

Can't see why the specs would be higher, it's based the same engine, and for currentgen mode, I don't they intend on changing it much.

Couldn't agree more on the AoD front, I still love that one, once you've updated it and changed some of the controls. It's actual quite good, certainly not as bad as people make out.

jgxenite
12th Feb 2007, 00:44
Can't see why the specs would be higher, it's based the same engine, and for currentgen mode, I don't they intend on changing it much.

Good good. I have no intention of upgrading my laptop (which comes to uni with me) or my desktop (which stays at home and I don't use) so won't be best pleased if I can't run TRA on it.

Not that I run Windows very often these days... but that is a very off-topic subject we won't get into here :).

James

jason
13th Feb 2007, 11:19
"Our second half release schedule will include Tomb Raider Anniversary which celebrates 10 years of Lara Croft and Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider Anniversary will be released on Playstation 2, PSP and PC in April 2007."

SCi Entertainment Trading Update (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3127.html)
:D thanks thats the best news i have heard all year thanks for making my day,and i look forward to a good game,and i was also wondering if the game comes out in australia in april or what if someone could tell me in here or even send me a personel message with the answer i would really appreciate it.

jgxenite
13th Feb 2007, 13:12
:D thanks thats the best news i have heard all year thanks for making my day,and i look forward to a good game,and i was also wondering if the game comes out in australia in april or what if someone could tell me in here or even send me a personel message with the answer i would really appreciate it.

Jason,

In the UK, the only website that I could find to have it pre-order is saying end of May. Not sure about the situation in America or Australia, but likely to be around the same time I guess.

James

Phlip
13th Feb 2007, 20:59
So is it it official that april will be the release date?

shurik
14th Feb 2007, 01:46
That's good news, now what about an XBox 360 release Eidos... :rolleyes:

no no you got that wrong! What about the PS3 release Eidos...It is an official PS game after all! :D

Well so any news on what acutal day it's comming out! Better not be April 30th!

Sorin
14th Feb 2007, 06:10
Well so any news on what acutal day it's comming out! Better not be April 30th!

We can't rightfully be surprised if that ends up being the case. It's just how companies work. A release date of a given month usually means the last day or last week. A particular quarter of the calendar year usually means the last day or week of the last month in that quarter. Release in a particular half of the year usually means the last day or week of the last month in that half. Ah well, just how things work.

Now April 13th wouldn't be a bad release day though. :)

Phlip
14th Feb 2007, 14:47
is april the official release date?????:confused: :mad:

jgxenite
14th Feb 2007, 16:04
Philip,

Nobody knows - it hasn't been officially announced by Eidos when it will be released. However, as people (including myself) have mentioned above, release dates in shops seem to range from March to May. We won't know until it is either released, or an official Eidos announcement says when it is released.

James

Phlip
14th Feb 2007, 16:17
ok, I'd rather have an official release date than a new screen though;)

jgxenite
23rd Feb 2007, 14:30
With the release of the new website comes a (semi-)official release date for TRA. All websites (bar Amazon.co.uk for some reason) are now showing a release date of TRA in the UK as the 25th May.

James

mrcube
23rd Feb 2007, 16:35
Damn! Thats a long time to wait, much further than April, but as I always say, I'd rather wait than get a bad game.

Raider0011
24th Feb 2007, 02:35
I agree, the important thing is that Eidos and CS makes sure the game is good.

Now I wish Eidos would announce an XBox 360 version... :)

Sorin
24th Feb 2007, 03:48
Well, you know what gaming god Shigeru Miyamoto says.

"A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever."

Mertz523
24th Feb 2007, 03:52
But Angel of Darkness was delayed thrice and look how that ended up...

Not saying Anniversary will be like that, but a delayed game usually still is released with lots of flaws. I recall another severely delayed game that my best friend wanted turned out horribly bad as well...

Sorin
24th Feb 2007, 05:39
Well sure. But despite how clear cut his statement was, I think it should be interpreted (or modified) to mean "potential" to be good. Because once a console game is released, that's it. If it's delayed to continue being worked on though, no guarantees it'll be good, but there's a chance it could be, at least.

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 09:46
Did someone say Miyamoto? *worships*

Anyway, the expected April release date was never set on stone, was it? I think May is the closest to official confirmation we've had so far; like Legend. We were promised it'd be on shelves on April 11th last year and it ended up arriving one week earlier in some countries in Italy.

Angel of Darkness - Core's doing - was promised for November 2002 and was available, completely unfinished but still deserves being treated like a full game, only in July 2003 because Eidos couldn't put up with so many delays anymore.

I'm pretty sure Eidos won't rush Crystal; because Crystal won't need to have its ass kicked to realize they've got to set their priorities, instead of making sure Lara's breasts jiggle realistically while running up and down a deserted city of Paris. :rolleyes:

ggctuk
24th Feb 2007, 10:17
THis kinda sucks, but the release date is now May.

shirl123
24th Feb 2007, 10:26
Angel of Darkness - Core's doing - was promised for November 2002 and was available, completely unfinished but still deserves being treated like a full game, only in July 2003 because Eidos couldn't put up with so many delays anymore.

for some reason I remember that the original release date was September 2001? and that it was pushed back 5 times (or 4...)? :scratch:
ah well, it doesn't matter that much. what's done is done. :p

1 month, 30 days, 4 weeks. it isn't that much, especially when most of the "waiting time" is already behind us.

munchkin
24th Feb 2007, 17:45
In a wierd way the May release is better for me... it means i won't have to choose between revising for Uni exams or palying TRA :) (in theory) :p

beccaxx

Joshorty
24th Feb 2007, 20:51
Buys me more time to stack up the money:D

Arwen31
26th Feb 2007, 11:51
I went onto www.tombraider.com and clicked on pre-order then went through each of the websites listed:

Amazon: 30 July
Game: May
Gamestation: n/a (that's literally what it say)
Gameplay: 25 May
HMV: 25 May
Play.com: 25 May

How difficult is it to pick a launch date and stick to it? If it's not April, then I'm hoping it's May, just in time for my birthday.

Johnny
26th Feb 2007, 15:30
In a wierd way the May release is better for me... it means i won't have to choose between revising for Uni exams or palying TRA :) (in theory) :p

beccaxx

I agree! :D

mrcube
26th Feb 2007, 16:46
I don't really mind when it's released, as long as it's good when it is! :D

Discordia666
27th Feb 2007, 12:12
Come on people. When was the last time Eidos got a game out within months of it's announced release date? The concensus among the retailers seems to be the 25th May but I'll believe it when I see it! I hope they're right, of course, but only 1 month late would be a first bordering on the miraculous. Or am I just an old cynic?
Looking forward to it, though. I can still remember the terror the first time I felt the ground shake in that hidden valley! Seems like more than 10 years ago, though.

digifan
27th Feb 2007, 17:40
The official website (http://www.tombraider.com/) stated a May release for retail stores. I suppose the official web site complete with all the various game shots, info, game content, story; etc will be ready in April. Also note the classic theme had made a fantastic come back. Maybe it will be used in the next Tomb Raider movie? :whistle:

shurik
3rd Mar 2007, 17:36
Hey guys do you think Eidos is still developing the game or it's pretty much complete? From now till May perhaps they're checking the game for glitches and other errors? Where could they be at this point?
Do they still able to make changes to the game or is it going through the final process before the release???

mrcube
3rd Mar 2007, 20:31
I'm guessing their searching and destroying for those bugs that we all know and love :rolleyes:

pinkangel07
4th Mar 2007, 01:00
May 25? Darn, not in time for my birthday... :( My b-day is May 15... oh well, I can buy it with my b-day money at least :)

I didn't realize AOD was pushed back so much. Core, Core, Core. When will you ever learn? Delaying a game doesn't make it better if you wait for practically a year. Honestly. Them you just have mobs of angry Tomb Raider fans throwing torches at you offices... ::ahem::

mrcube
4th Mar 2007, 09:43
I don't agree there pinkangel, I don't think AoD's failure was because of Core, I think it was because of Eidos, they rushed the game to release, and it clearly wasn't completed, so we ended up with a sloppy and buggy game. Yes, Core are at fault for taking so damn long, but they were coding an entirely new game from scratch, something that hadn't been done since TR1, and because of that it was bound to take far longer than they had first expected. The truth of the matter is, because Eidos rushed it, it failed, if they'd waited, and let Core finish it, we'd of had a good game. (Although I still think AoD was good, at least on PC, once you've updated it, it has a very good story and some great moments)

winston
4th Mar 2007, 19:29
Wow, I havent been on here in months! It's all changed! I am soooo excited about the anniversary game. I have had mine on pre order for a few weeks, looking forward to April :D

Ollie123
4th Mar 2007, 20:03
Thank Edios for this new game, i've completed the last one so many times i've lost count, ( great game though eh!!!!!) can't wait, don't leave it so long between games in future though. Please don't stop thinking up these adventures, they're brill.

No 1 Fan

Legend 4ever
4th Mar 2007, 21:06
I can't wait!:)

NightRain'06
7th Mar 2007, 05:26
..when I found out through EBGames site that it would be out in near end of May. But as long as I have TRA in my hands, I don't care. Hey, at least the wait isn't too long. :D