PDA

View Full Version : 360: Printable control screens

Keir
23rd Jan 2007, 17:59
This is from the brand manager Matt over here at Eidos. Please find printable control screens attached. I'm already chasing this info up for the PC version. I hope some of you find this helpful.

AIRCRAFT

Pull and hold LT to aim bombs/drop torpedoes

When firing, hold the RT to follow a bomb to its target

Click and hold LEFT STICK for 360 degree camera view

Once strike aircraft have dropped their bombs they must return to base / carrier to reload.

To auto-land planes press and hold X button then directional pad RIGHT to select LAND

Continuously press the A button to cycle through and select the closest enemy targets.

SHIPS

Use the directional pad to instantly switch between all units under your command

You can launch a variety of aircraft and ships from aircraft carriers, airfields and shipyards. Press RB to access the hangar

You can repair damage to individual ships using the Repair Screen

Each type of ship has a variety of different weapons. Press LT to cycle between each weapon

You can set specific orders for individual units and set fleet formations using the Command Menu

SUBMARINES

Use the periscope view to zoom in on surface targets.

Subs must surface intermittently to replenish their air supply – be careful!

Subs operate on 4 levels:

Level 1 (surface) - Extremely visible to enemy units, but necessary to replenish air supply

Level 2 (Periscope Depth) - Only visible to enemy units equipped with SONAR (Recon planes and Destroyers)

Level 3 - Ideal for manoeuvring into position, but still vulnerable to well placed depth charges

Level 4 - Invisible to SONAR but risk rupture to hull if employed for extended periods

MAP SCREEN

The map screen is your centre of operations. You can command the entire fleet through this dynamic map while observing all enemy unit information supplied by your units

Press BACK to open/close Map Screen

Use RT and LT to zoom in and out

To select a friendly unit - click on right stick when the cursor is highlighting that unit

To attack an enemy unit - highlight enemy unit with cursor and press A button

To order a unit to ‘MOVE TO’ a waypoint - move cursor to location and press the A button

Set a plane squadron to defend / circle a friendly unit - highlight friendly unit with cursor and press A button

Cancel a command - press the B button when the unit is selected

Turtle55555
23rd Jan 2007, 18:39
DUDE you are the man. These are very nice and will be a great reference for the newer players (and older ones like me in case I have a brain fart)

THANKS!!!

chip5541
23rd Jan 2007, 19:21
Sticky!!

markdiblasi
25th Jan 2007, 15:12
Is anyone else having a problem viewing the plane controls picture?

If so, can someone fix the link?

Thanks!

Mark

Divine_Wind
25th Jan 2007, 19:05
When firing, hold the RT to follow a bomb to its target

I'm kicking myself for not knowing this... thanks, Keir (and Matt!).

Telaziz
25th Jan 2007, 22:26
Is SS Level 3 visible to Sonar? It's not clear if it is or not...

Languish
27th Jan 2007, 18:17
Keeps asking for permission to view the attachments.

wayneflo
11th Feb 2007, 05:44
Is SS Level 3 visible to Sonar? It's not clear if it is or not... Only SS Level 4 is invisible to Sonar. SS Level 3 is more difficult for depth charge to hit, but still visible to sonar.

Digrazzz
13th Feb 2007, 20:40
HEY KEIR.... PLease look at this thread:
A Message To The Battlestation Engineering Team!!!! :mad2:

tyler811
17th May 2007, 04:07
I am little posting this but thanks Keir

The Yamato
7th Feb 2008, 13:40
Is SS Level 3 visible to Sonar? It's not clear if it is or not...

Only if stop the engines on the sub but you have to watch out because you can still be hit at level 3 by the depth charges and they might see were you are.

RVCA
27th Feb 2008, 19:06
how do you give units away

M0n3y
27th Feb 2008, 19:49
i don't know for pc
on xbox 360 : press back button , then (don't be in the unit you want to give!!!) press left or right stick
then there stands give unit to and you select a name

youth_crew
7th Aug 2008, 01:27
Is anyone else having a problem viewing the plane controls picture?

If so, can someone fix the link?

Thanks!

Mark

I can view it fine, but it took a while to load :)