PDA

View Full Version : Please do a fix to include Mic icons in lobby.

Shamrock
21st Jan 2007, 22:20
Please this is very important. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to get into a game and be stuck with 2 or 3 teamates don't use or don't have a Mic. If its not in the final version please patch the game so if a player has a mic on there is a little icon next to their name in the lobby. Most 360 games have this feature.

Also a way to tell who is speaking would be nice. Both in game and in the lobby. Already seeing some idiots yell and scream/cuss in the lobby because you can't tell who is talking. As for in game quite a few times someone has asked for help, but then I have to ask who needs help. Would be nice if the name of a person talking showed up in small letters in the corner of the screen.

Casual_Gamer
21st Jan 2007, 22:32
I second the request.

Dutch Jester
21st Jan 2007, 22:34
Ya i agree it gets annoying when in the lobby and in game you cant tell who is speaking.

andy3536
21st Jan 2007, 22:38
Yes would be very useful, i can't count the number of times i've said "who's that talking" only to be met with silence? :(

Pharseer
21st Jan 2007, 23:32
Heres to hoping that's in the final release:)

a67ssrs
22nd Jan 2007, 00:08
agreed.

xgamerms999
22nd Jan 2007, 03:00
I 6th the request:thumbsup:

shanehead
22nd Jan 2007, 03:23
i dont want to bash so dont take this wrong but how could this be left out???:scratch:

HerndonMike
22nd Jan 2007, 03:45
Please add this functionality

Simonkey75
22nd Jan 2007, 06:52
I umpteenth the request - pretty essential!

Liberaror45
22nd Jan 2007, 10:47
ya i still haven't played the demo, but i also support his request

generalsilverstone
22nd Jan 2007, 11:23
we need mic icons the day this game is out in europe so when ui get it there already there.

Keir
22nd Jan 2007, 11:29
I'm forwarding this to the decision makers :thumbsup:

Ryback14
22nd Jan 2007, 14:29
yes. i second that, then we can kick people without a mic. and then at least you can tell whos talkin if you are playing with strangers. (i recognize all my friends voices and pretty much only play with them so it's not that big of a deal.)

colonelklink
22nd Jan 2007, 15:00
thanks keir

i think everyone feels that this a major problem for multiplayer

Keir
22nd Jan 2007, 15:22
thanks keir

i think everyone feels that this a major problem for multiplayer

Yeah, I've seen this mentioned elsewhere. I'll put it at the top of the list.

Liberaror45
22nd Jan 2007, 20:39
This would have to be fixed with a patch available for download on the Live Marketplace, right, because this close to release date it won't be included in the full game straight from the disc, will it?

justice7
22nd Jan 2007, 20:40
/signed !!!!!!!!!!!!

Keir
23rd Jan 2007, 11:24
This would have to be fixed with a patch available for download on the Live Marketplace, right, because this close to release date it won't be included in the full game straight from the disc, will it?

That's correct. The Eidos Hungary guys are really keen to know what needs changing/improving. I know they're keeping an eye on the fourms, so I'm sure they're already aware of this, but I'll make sure I reiterate the importance of this feature.

LEGEND C4A
23rd Jan 2007, 19:01
May I add something, in the game it would be nice to have the indication of who is talking, but how about the unit they control also.

so if someone says, I'm going after the Kongo, you see the persons name and unit icon that they are in control of. so if you know they control a shipyard, then you know they are attacking with ships...and then you can decide to help or not help knowing which ships he has etc....blah blah blah!

yes? no?

Simonkey75
24th Jan 2007, 07:18
May I add something, in the game it would be nice to have the indication of who is talking, but how about the unit they control also.

so if someone says, I'm going after the Kongo, you see the persons name and unit icon that they are in control of. so if you know they control a shipyard, then you know they are attacking with ships...and then you can decide to help or not help knowing which ships he has etc....blah blah blah!

yes? no?

Yes! Very good idea!

darklord212
28th Jan 2007, 17:18
Hell ya, thsi idea dose need to be put in the game.

Ragamuffin
29th Jan 2007, 03:51
I concur.

princecaspian4
29th Jan 2007, 04:25

yes? no?

ya, all you would need is the hull class (BB CV SS etc.) of the ship they are in, that way you know what they are attacking in, just put that up beside their name when it shows that they are talking,
but you at least need to have their name pop up so you now who is talking

adidasd1
1st Feb 2007, 02:20
its not a big deal but yes i would like this to be patched in

Churchills
1st Feb 2007, 08:14
I agree with this. People seem to be exploiting it with foul language and random shouting.

imported_Swing_Dangler
1st Feb 2007, 13:50
We should be able to tell who is talking in the game when it really matters, not just in the lobby!

sabbath420
1st Feb 2007, 16:58
i agree