PDA

View Full Version : Bad/Gamers ( Do no play these people)

Capt:.Cavan
21st Jan 2007, 14:41
I just thought this could be made sticky by super moderator or someone.

Just post the Gamertags of people, who are not very "nice" to play online with . eg.

Swearing, Abuse, Booting on purpose for un-fair reasons, etc. You know what i mean.

Anyway i know about cluttering up the board but i thought this might be important. no?

andy3536
21st Jan 2007, 14:42
Yes a very good idea for when the final game goes live!

Mike_B
21st Jan 2007, 14:58
This thread is fine.

darklord212
21st Jan 2007, 16:17
I played one person and lost (because our carrier didnt know wut they were doing)Cough* and the guy rehosted a room a 2 on 2 with the friend he one with and we played and i was kick his bum, blow up one of his hanger and start hitting on one of his shipyards when he shut off the 360 and to confirm this i asked my teammate wut happened to him he got disconnected like me to. Later on ill post his name onze i look it up on my xbox.

Crazy Nut BE
21st Jan 2007, 19:44
I played one person and lost (because our carrier didnt know wut they were doing)Cough* and the guy rehosted a room a 2 on 2 with the friend he one with and we played and i was kick his bum, blow up one of his hanger and start hitting on one of his shipyards when he shut off the 360 and to confirm this i asked my teammate wut happened to him he got disconnected like me to. Later on ill post his name onze i look it up on my xbox.

Maybe his game locked up?

21st Jan 2007, 20:00
yeah if this is gonna work maybe the person could explain what happened,

ShadowFox_55
21st Jan 2007, 20:17
we should have one for PC and one for xbox live

andy3536
21st Jan 2007, 20:35
Maybe his game locked up?

unlikly being the host, normally the others players that are affected

EvenLease
21st Jan 2007, 21:41
Ok, i was beating this guy up pretty bad on the demo, i had a U.S aircraft carrier and every time he sent out a group or two torp. bombers, i would kill them, bout an hour later i have killed about 30-40 total planes that came from him... he was only able to get one torp to hit my carrier and one bomb to hit the deck of it... then when the game was about to end he KICKed me for beating him so badle then sent me a message call me a hacker and cussing me out with a lot of slang.

His xboxlive gamer tag, G 2the odspapi

Ironman2400
21st Jan 2007, 23:27
slipknot420 or something along those lines. major trash talking 15 or 16 year old right there, really annoying and doesn't know how to play the game.

kipp438
21st Jan 2007, 23:56
Good idea in theory. But with the lock up issues this game has, it might be hard to determine who quit and who locked up. Maybe the retail version will be more stable, but so far I have locked up once when hosting, and another time I was beating a guy who was hosting and he "quit". I decided to host a game and saw this same guy try to join. I lit into him a bit for quitting and was going to kick him, but he explained that he locked up, and really hates the people that do quit. I played with him awhile and he turned out to be a good guy and good player. So it just shows that first impressions might not be the correct one, especially with a buggy demo.

Dutch Jester
22nd Jan 2007, 00:30
BillyBong343 wanted do do 2 on 1 then when his first carrier was destroyed he lefta few seconds after

Speen88
22nd Jan 2007, 12:59
BillyBong343 wanted do do 2 on 1 then when his first carrier was destroyed he lefta few seconds after

yeah that was a good game dutch

takevin
22nd Jan 2007, 15:45
I just thought this could be made sticky by super moderator or someone.

Just post the Gamertags of people, who are not very "nice" to play online with . eg.

Swearing, Abuse, Booting on purpose for un-fair reasons, etc. You know what i mean.

Anyway i know about cluttering up the board but i thought this might be important. no?

i dont agree, just report them, end of story.

22nd Jan 2007, 15:54
i dont agree, just report them, end of story.

report them to? And then let other players "suffer"

takevin
22nd Jan 2007, 18:24
if kiddies are swearing or what not, you report them to the mods on xboxlive, thats who.

BlueSabor
22nd Jan 2007, 19:47
unlikly being the host, normally the others players that are affected

I hosted 1v1 my end locked up still had chat though.

PrimaryParadox
22nd Jan 2007, 19:59
if kiddies are swearing or what not, you report them to the mods on xboxlive, thats who.

id love to say that wrks but if anyone gets the OXM mag fer the 360 they actually did a trial to see how long it would take to get banned from xbxlive fer bein a dolt...they did it strait over quite a few games fer 6 days trying everything from swearing to spaming gamertags team killing u think of it they did it and they ended up with 100% on all the bad rep areas and nothing happened and nothing was done....its all well and good to say that "yeah lets report them" but if their MODs arent doin anythin then whats the point....so i deff think that this thread is a good idea in theory but then theres the issue of corroberation...how can u tell if what is being said is true or just someone tryin to get a good player black listed......its a fine line.....

Spyder131
23rd Jan 2007, 05:35
Ok, i was beating this guy up pretty bad on the demo, i had a U.S aircraft carrier and every time he sent out a group or two torp. bombers, i would kill them, bout an hour later i have killed about 30-40 total planes that came from him... he was only able to get one torp to hit my carrier and one bomb to hit the deck of it... then when the game was about to end he KICKed me for beating him so badle then sent me a message call me a hacker and cussing me out with a lot of slang.

His xboxlive gamer tag, G 2the odspapi

you mean badly?

Spyder131
23rd Jan 2007, 05:36
the mods on xbl do nothing about people cussing.

Muddled Muppet
23rd Jan 2007, 12:28
I think these sort of threads are a good idea that can just as easilly be used by the kind of person you are trying to avoid.

The kind of person who is a game/enjoyment spoiler would think nothing of posting someones name in here just because they beat them, and also has the kind of maliciousness and pettyness to take the time and trouble to do so.

Personally if i play against someone I want to avoid I select this option from xbox options, and wouldn't waste time or effort thinking about them ever again. I would imagine that most reasonable people are the same (this doesn't imply someone who does something differnt is unreasonable)

However someone who is prepared to waste their online time deliberately spoiling games for others, is exactly th ekind of person who would be happy to post an uncorrabelated and unverifiable report in about someone who responded to in game ruining (team killing etc)

I also find it interesting that the original poster responded to one of my first posts with the comment 'anal attention to detail', inclining me to think that that is exactly the kind of mindset that would deliberately misuse any such system.

Turtle55555
23rd Jan 2007, 14:13
Some of you have seen my posts and know that I'm a pretty good guy, other may not have so you'll just have to take my word for it (I'm a good guy).
However I do cus probably more than average. Not in the aggressive way in fact more at myself than anyone else but I do cus a lot. That being the case when I signed up for xbox 360 and it asked me what category I wanted to be in I chose "Underground" because it was supposed to be for adults only. Where "Professional" and the others (I don't know them) were for kids and those who don't want to hear that stuff.
Sorry for dragging, but my point is I signed up for an area that should not alow kids and should not be offened by cussing. Yet no matter what game I play I get matched up with people from many different categories. This is confusing as to why we have the categories at all.
I don't think we should be posting stuff like poor sportsmanship players on this board. Use the XBOX 360 prefer/avoid player feature and let that handle it for you.

justice7
23rd Jan 2007, 14:58
I agree

to have your name posted on the Eidos wall because 'someone' thinks you're a tool is completely not fair

As turtle5555 said, use the xbox's capabilities to avoid players you dont want to play -- and mute them

I recommend this thread get deleted. It is below Eidos to do something like this, its shameful.

23rd Jan 2007, 15:50
i thinkwe all need to clam down a bit here, I had no intention for player who hace accidental lock-ups to be posted, only for those constant player who try spoil the game , player who have been posted on numerous times.

anyway i had xbox live with my old xbox and mods do NOTHING to stop gamer be complete fools.

Anyway, what does have to do with edios? If sure if they think this is a bad thread, delete at will.

Digby5000
23rd Jan 2007, 15:52
I love getting kicked by the host after I blow up their shipyard. Now that's just childish. You'll only have a good time online if you play with trusted players. There are too many ways for people to ruin the fun.

23rd Jan 2007, 16:11
I love getting kicked by the host after I blow up their shipyard. Now that's just childish. You'll only have a good time online if you play with trusted players. There are too many ways for people to ruin the fun.

my point exactly, but some people may think thats it unfair to blacklist them

andy3536
23rd Jan 2007, 17:41
i thinkwe all need to clam down a bit here, I had no intention for player who hace accidental lock-ups to be posted, only for those constant player who try spoil the game , player who have been posted on numerous times.

anyway i had xbox live with my old xbox and mods do NOTHING to stop gamer be complete fools.

Anyway, what does have to do with edios? If sure if they think this is a bad thread, delete at will.

Don't think there should be any posts till the full game goes live and there are not any problems. Then this list will be great and very useful indeed. But you are right to urge caution about blacklisting players on the demo when it has so many problems.

ravem
24th Jan 2007, 14:35
I think this post is a horrible idea, with nothing posative to do with the game.

Keir
24th Jan 2007, 15:41
Capt:.Cavan, I appreciate the sentiment behind this thread, but I think I'll lock it for now.

As has been pointed out, some people may have technical problems or this thread could be open to abuse and a sound player might get their name tarnished.

Call me a big old softy, but I think it's better if we concentrate on the players you would like to play against :)

For those reasons I'll close this one.