PDA

View Full Version : Bug reports

impostor1971
19th Jan 2007, 18:41
[mod edit]

Please use this thread for bug reporting, the old threads have all been merged into this thread. Do no start another thread about this to clutter things up. People failing to grasp the concept of reading and searching will be temporarily banned.

[/mod edit]

I wanted to check with you guys here on this problem I had last nite when I hosted.

I set up a session for 8 players including 2 reserved slots for my friends. After the game was done, the score screen only showed my score. Everyone else's score were 0's. When I'm back in the lobby, it was filled with new players, not the ones that I played with/against during the match. It's as if I had just created a new session. I have to re-invite my friends back in the game.

Have you guys seen this when you're hosting? I was hoping that after a match, everyone would be put back into the lobby for a rematch.

Keir - Is this a demo bug or is this how it'll work in the full game as well?

Thanks!

imported_Swing_Dangler
20th Jan 2007, 13:15
Version: Xbox 360
GT: Bytor 1001

1. The most noticeable control improvment would be the ability to invert joystick control. Trying to fly by pressing up on the right analog stick to go down is very disturbing. I ditched on accident 3 torpedo runs during a battle. Yes, embarassing, but more annoying than anything. I of course would get better with practice.

:thumbsup: Question-will the final version have an invert joystick control for flying?

2. After playing a long session and several folks quitting, my team finally won.
Before leaving the final screen and heading back to the lobby, I received a message. I pressed the green button, went to check the message, sent a message, went back to the game to try to exit back to the session serach screen and the game locked up. After repeated attempts, I had to restart the 360. :mad2:

3.Gameplay is phenomenal! If you can find a great group of players to work with, you can make short change of the enemy and spend an ungodly ammount of time playing this 5 star title.

4. Enhancement to community- Could there be anyway to 'alert' other players to those who quit at the end of the battle or boot you because they are getting beat? I realize you can do that on your Profile, but it would be nice to be able to alert the community to players like this.

Those are the things I can think of. Any thoughts or respnoses would be appreciated.

darklord212
20th Jan 2007, 16:29
One minor bug i noticed is the turrets on the back of the ship you control dont turn towards a target when u looking around from your 8 oclock to you 10 and same with the other side u have to look to the back of your ship then look forward at the target(that is on the right angle for the back gun/guns ofcourse) for your back turrets to turn around and fire at the target.

pinakas
20th Jan 2007, 17:04
Hello,

I downloaded the demo.
Tried to start the game and the demo froze on lobby. Nothing could be done except reset the console.
Second time, the game froze at the start of the stage *Airport.
Again reset and back

Third time everything worked perfect.
Something is happening with the server? a bug of the program?
It is not a problem of xbox 360 as after that played 5 hours gears.
A lot of people have the same problem:

http://forums.xbox.com/9733826/ShowPost.aspx

Eidos please respond

Fry-O-Fish
20th Jan 2007, 17:09
I'm pretty sure that you CAN invert the flight stick controls from the main menu, just not during the game.

My main complaint is there is no indicator as to who is talking during the game.

pinakas
20th Jan 2007, 17:38
also when quit from a battle to go to the main menu the demo froze !!!!!!!!!!

Malaki
20th Jan 2007, 17:42
Flight controls are already inverted, thats how you fly in real life, Up to go down/down to go up.

you want to UNDO the invertion

My main complaint is there is no indicator as to who is talking during the game.

Me too!

Lester Ziggs
20th Jan 2007, 18:01
GT: Bytor 1001

2. After playing a long session and several folks quitting, my team finally won.
Before leaving the final screen and heading back to the lobby, I received a message. I pressed the green button, went to check the message, sent a message, went back to the game to try to exit back to the session serach screen and the game locked up. After repeated attempts, I had to restart the 360. :mad2:
Sure hope it wasn't my message that caused your lock up

Crazy Nut BE
20th Jan 2007, 18:03
I had the same issue twice.

Maybach
20th Jan 2007, 18:16
Well I've never experienced any of those issues and I've been playing the demo since it came out. It's gotta be a problem with your internet connection or Xbox.

ScottWAR
20th Jan 2007, 18:45
No, its not an issue with the X-Box or anybodies internet. It is happening to way too many people. I have frozen a few times during loading screens, my internet is fine, which I can test since the Xbox and PC are next to each other and use the same router to connect. Its not the X-Box itself since it plays everything else, online or off, again with no problems at all.

pinakas
20th Jan 2007, 18:59
I hope someone from eidos read this forums, and update the demo, or correct the bug in the final version.
It is so pitty a demo not to be tested 100% to work correct.

I also noticed the problem when quit the game, not the demo

BlueSabor
20th Jan 2007, 19:22
Game froze at the start, reset xbox twice.

Froze in game, still had sound & chat but no controls.
Playing 1v1 had to reboot.

Latka
20th Jan 2007, 19:27
I had it happen to me enough times (along with an accompanying "3 red lights" startup) that I called Xbox for a replacement console.

I am able to play the game when I host a session, but every time I've tested 4v4 on someone else's machine I get a lockup.

Frustrating, but when I'm able to play it's fun.

Dyn
20th Jan 2007, 22:07
Hello,
hope it`s ok when i open a Bug Report Thread.

[mod edit]No it's not ok that you continue to create new threads even though there are others already exisiting[/mod edit]

Bugs i have seen:

1. When your plane crashed into the water or you crashed into a hill,
than you can`t see your plane.

2. lags online, i have 3mbit but also laggi gameplay sometimes.

3. only back and Gun View, thought you can switch turn arround?

Telaziz
21st Jan 2007, 08:07
Loving the demo and plan to buy retail! With that out of the way... here's a bug report.

If you have 7 people in ready mode, then the 8th person coming in gets bounced (I think they get some wierd message about no public slots). In order to get the 8th in, someone has to go unready.

Capt:.Cavan
21st Jan 2007, 10:46
haha it would be weird if the pc demo didnt freeze and crash :whistle:

Crazy Nut BE
21st Jan 2007, 12:17
Yesterday, I was hosting a game, and 5 minutes after it started, the game just ended (with no mission failure message or game session terminated: not enough players message). Can anyone think of a reason why this happened?

Scotj
21st Jan 2007, 17:13
I change the Y orientation of the joystick, and also switch what thumbstick controls the view. However the next time I start the game the settings have reverted to the default.

Very annoying when combined with the fact you cannot change these settings in game.

Awesome game overall!

imported_Swing_Dangler
21st Jan 2007, 17:49
Flight controls are already inverted, thats how you fly in real life, Up to go down/down to go up.

you want to UNDO the invertion

Me too!

I agree with you that the players speaking need to be identified, but you are wrong on the stick controls of planes today.

No, in modern flying vehicles, pilots pull back to raise the altitude of the plane and push foward to make the plane drop

Allow inverting the control scheme for the stick. And no there is not an option.

imported_Swing_Dangler
21st Jan 2007, 17:53
Platform-Xbox 360
Xbox Live Gold
Cable Modem 10 megs down/765 k up through D-Link Router
Gamertag: Bytor 1001

1. Excellent injection of fresh gameplay in what many might as just a rehash of the same old scene.

2. Tactics-the potential for excellent team tactics is avaiable. Until people realize a lone wolf style of gameplay will have you visiting Davey Jones Locker quicker than you can pull the trigger to release a burst of AA. But as for now, people haven't quite figured out how to combine their arms. Large unit tactics and effective manuevers are a must. Study the historical tactics and you can't go wrong.

3. Graphics-as expected from a HD feature title. The one graphic I miss is the cockpit view in the airplanes, and for that matter from the Captain's perch on a naval vessel. That would seal the deal tilting in favor an experience and substantially more than a game.

4. Sound- It is exactly what you would expect if you were in participating in the battle the exact moment it happen. Details feel your ears as the sound of dive bomber pierce the sky down to the screams of expiration that same pilot expresses, as flak and AA bullets pierce his aieral steed before shattering his existence.

5. Controls-The controls are what you expect controlling everything from large carriers to submarines. The one issue I have thus far with the control scheme is the inability to invert the controls for the aerial units. It became frustrating reversing the planes control scheme from the standard push up dive down, pull back pulls the plane's nose up. Multiple times I was on the perfect AOA (angle of attack) with a torpedo plane, skimming the surface,while the screw is armed, and trying to elevate the nose oh so slightly I would instead nose down and splash the plane!:mad2: Perhaps more practice would work, but why deviate from a standard that has been a staple of flying games and simulations since time began?
Historical authenticity as much as I appreciate it, should at least be suspended for the sake of gameplay.

6. Modifier- I knew as a historical game enthusiast I would be interested in this title. Little did I know that I would fall in love with the multiplayer demo. The demo does have it's flaws. For one, it doesn't have the Commander in Chief tell players to look at the control scheme before playing the gmae.****
A forum/website update with the instructions on Base Production and how to do it would have been nice.

7. Multiplayer Experience- This of course will vary depending on the character and quality of the players you battle with and against. For 2 v 2 or 4 v 4 Players who enjoy playing in a cooperative manner will find a truly great experience that will last from 30 minutes to up to an hour. In 1 v 1 battles, you truly must master the art of command management. From choosing force make ups to combining arms and implementing strategy, the strategist will find hours upon hours of enjoyable gameplay. On the other hand, I must warn you that a select few people will boot you if they are loosing. Some will try to ruin your experience by attacking their own units, facilities, and team units. A boot feature is one item implemented but if the host is the one booting you, you are left with a wasted game session. Just be sure to send Xbox Live! a review and post the offender's name on these forums. For those that quite or leave early, send your units to your teammates instead of 'taking' them with you. I have heard of some people having problems. I can tell you I have played 1 v 1 in a whole game, and many more 8 v 8 and have never had a disconnect problem. I have seen a couple of lag moments, but it wasn't enough to ruin the experience. And with commanding slow moving vessels, the impact was nearly unnoticable. That could be different in the air, I might add.

Bugs-There are some lock-up issues with the demo. Either during start ups, or at the end of gameplay session or while receiving Live! messages in the game. There are enough problems to be a concern, and shouldn't be chalked up to 'random' hardware/connection issues.

All said, Battlestations: Midway is an awesome online game experience even if it is just a demo and the learning curve can be steep if you don't prepare by reading the control schemes first.

MotorbreathX
21st Jan 2007, 19:18
Don't know what caused it but I sent a ship to attack an airfield and lost control of it. The ship was still on the gameplay area shooting but I couldn't switch to it, see it on the map, or build anymore units from the shipyard.

Lochar
21st Jan 2007, 19:31
Other than the lockups the only noticeable bug is the landing gear lowering on torpedo runs or when the plane is low and slow. Wouldnt mind a control for it.

Also bombers sometimes overshoot targets and have to come back around.

Dutch Jester
21st Jan 2007, 19:40
i love the demo the game is amazing, but i found a bug where when you are searching for a custom match it will only let you join like the first 10 and it will repeat those over and over

Casual_Gamer
21st Jan 2007, 22:31
Bugs I've noticed:

Unable to connect most of the time to hosts in Custom matches

Game freeze hitting back button while trying to (unsuccessfully) connect to a Custom match

Game freeze at Shipyard load out

Disconnects and game crashes in middle of game

I don't receive enough medals even though I put up one helluva fight :p

Pharseer
21st Jan 2007, 22:34
been trying MP Demo maps and have been unable to accelerate/slow in ships, able to move targeting reticule but unable to fire, shipyard is not producing a second ship.....

I was just on a map with 8 people, and everyone left after saying in the headset they all had the same problems....

darklord212
21st Jan 2007, 23:51
been trying MP Demo maps and have been unable to accelerate/slow in ships, able to move targeting reticule but unable to fire, shipyard is not producing a second ship.....

I was just on a map with 8 people, and everyone left after saying in the headset they all had the same problems....

Sounds like lag dude, i get the rpoblem onZe in a while that your controls dont act right or planes jumping around and no control over some units seems like lag to me.

shanehead
22nd Jan 2007, 02:16
when the game is loading or exiting the game has froze on me, not one but about 15 times in the last several days, it gets annoying once in about three games i must restart my xbox manually

turrets sometimes glitch back and forth

when i crash into a ship with my plane the explostion is not there just says that i have died, very annoying

overall its a great game though, i just wish planes did a little more damage if you suicide, a suicide should count as a 500Ib bomb at least?? yet it soes virtually nothing

hiscore
22nd Jan 2007, 08:20
When starting up the demo I immediately noticed that all text on my screen was blurry. I use a standard TV - I guess 480p - (non-High Definition).

Have seen this problem occur with several other games (the Hartwood card games p.e.), but the developer patched it and the new textsize was better on non-HDTV's.

This should cost little effort to patch.

Greetings,
Hiscore

generalsilverstone
22nd Jan 2007, 08:36
1. my connection loses eventhougth its fine on the 360 wirless box and its 3mbs
2. booting is problem
3. game is freezing reguarly
4.lag is a major problem on a 3mbs connection but i dont get this on ay other 360 game,

i hope thses problems go with the final version of the game

Liberaror45
22nd Jan 2007, 20:45
4.lag is a major problem on a 3mbs connection

isn't 3 mbs a very bad connection? Correct me if i am wrong, (i am not a computer genius) but my computer has 100.0 Mbps and my xbox has the same, and i still get lag sometimes.

clegg318
23rd Jan 2007, 03:27
I was playing as Japan and took down 2 of the three wildcats, but the last one wouldnt die. it had no health left, i know for a fact i hit the thing dead on so it should of gone down but it didnt...and it was still able to take out my planes though. ive played over 15 games now and it only happened once, but still thought i should post it

DarthMoron99
23rd Jan 2007, 04:23
That 100MBPS connection you are seeing is how much data that cable (Cat5-E is 100MBPS I believe) can carry. Your actual connection speed is much lower and can be determined by calling your ISP. Mine for example is a 4.5MBPS connection.

Keir
23rd Jan 2007, 10:27
Thanks for all your responses chaps. These are getting fed back to the dev team. Keep them coming :thumbsup:

CannedCanary
23rd Jan 2007, 13:43
You can invert your plane controls and here's a simple guide on how to do this.

1 select demo frome demo menu

2 press start sa soon as the demo tells you to press start.

3 wait for the demo to load.

4 select settings and then

5 select control

6 slect the Y axis for plane control option and make it say invert.

7 sellect apply and start gaming!

on a side note,
I had this one time where the ami parked there AC beteen the island. This caused every torpedo bomber I send at it to send itself crashing to earth when in torpedo run mode.

xVANDAL51x
23rd Jan 2007, 18:03
You can invert your plane controls and here's a simple guide on how to do this.

1 select demo frome demo menu

2 press start sa soon as the demo tells you to press start.

3 wait for the demo to load.

4 select settings and then

5 select control

6 slect the Y axis for plane control option and make it say invert.

7 sellect apply and start gaming!

on a side note,
I had this one time where the ami parked there AC beteen the island. This caused every torpedo bomber I send at it to send itself crashing to earth when in torpedo run mode.

You can make the inversion "sticky" by setting it in your profile from the dashboard.

I was in a game last night and my carrier was lambasted and sunk. Somebody in charge of a shipyard had quit and I had control of the shipyard as well (actually I took control moments before my beloved Enterprise went down). I could switch to the shipyard but could not get the RB to work (no launch screen would come up). Lookin out from the shipyard view there was a DD sitting just out of the berth area and would not move and I could not switch to anything but the map and the shipyard.

I hung out to see how things turned out and during the battle a ship went down and then I was able to launch a ship from the shipyard and control that ship. Once I got it launched, I no longer could bring up the launch screen at all or switch to the "ghost destroyer" still parked just outside the dock.

Love the game BTW.

Turtle55555
23rd Jan 2007, 18:17
One thing I have noticed is the private slots in games. I had two other friends so I sent the match to 4 players with 2 private slots.
I sent them both invites and they joined but we never got a 4th. We sat there BSing for a while then started over. This happens a lot when setting private slots. Think there may be a problem with how the game counts invited friends as private or public.

Divine_Wind
23rd Jan 2007, 18:43
I've experienced the old "can't-fire-or-control-my-vehicles" bug on a few occasions.

TheMetalStorm
23rd Jan 2007, 23:40
People Dropping. WOW, I don't know if this is a bug. Or if they just get fed up with the game. They need to be patient.

darklord212
24th Jan 2007, 19:03
When its a bad host people going to leave it happenes but i usauly wait a bit because most times the lag calms and settles after a couple players leave. Maybe a system that reroutes to a new host when this lag acurs.

Theaus
25th Jan 2007, 21:30
when I play American I keep hearing some guy say "All hands Abandon ship we're sinking"; and I'm like...never sinking, and while I'm not checking my other players on my side, I don't think their sinking either...Could be that some planes are being shot down (sometimes he says "We're going down" though usually the aforementioned sinking statement follows). Sometimes though I hear him say it ever other minute, and I know we aren't losing ships that quickly.

m t freestyler
26th Jan 2007, 04:54
i have searched for the same problem but found nothing so sorry if its been said already

when i select custom match and try to find a smaller match which are useally down the bottom of the list but wen i find one after scrolling down and selecting it would only give me a game from the top page and i can never go past about ten sessions even wen there is about 20 listed

bgchvy10
26th Jan 2007, 22:53
Like every one else i have my fair share of game crashing. for some reason its doesnt happen to me as much or at all for that matter when i dont have another game disc in the drive. any who i would like to see if there would be some way that every one can see who has a mic. and any given time whos talking. Once the game gets put out would like to see expansion packs be brought out for new areas and new units. And in the future we could see some navy river fighting in the deltas and sea around vietnam maybe??

Alpha Wolfgang
27th Jan 2007, 03:31
i hate strafing enemy planes with about >600< bullets (lag, i know)

6X550=3300*4=825.... nevermind... its not 600.... its 825... ok, i shoot enemies at least 825 times... even for lag... thats a lot of bullets into a plane, LOL

(the wildcat has 6 .50 m2 machine guns, rate of fire is 550 for a standard m2... lots of big bullets zipping around in the air...)

i really hope the full game isnt laggy.
sometimes i pop zeros in a milisecond when theres no lag (like the time i shot down 9 zeros very quickly)

Frey
27th Jan 2007, 05:00
Obviously, from reading posts in here some of you are at least able to play. I am unable to connect to any games.

Just sits there and tries for about a minute, then "connection lost".

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

-Frey

Lthawk77
27th Jan 2007, 05:29
Yeah, I can't connect to anything and i forwarded one of my ports for it. But it still gives me a server is unavaliable.:mad2: Not a very good start with people from the PC side

imported_Swing_Dangler
27th Jan 2007, 11:03
System: Xbox360 w/ harddrive
Cable modem: 10megs down, 275kb up.
Wireless remote/wired headphone
HDTV 1080i

Well I'm here to report a few more issues.

1. After booting the game up, editing the controls to the planes to invert the Y axis,I went to pressing the custom match button, the game locked, locking the whole 360 up. Gametime was approx 3:30 Eastern Standard Time, U.S. I had to reboot the machine.:whistle:

2. Next I shortly after the above occured, I rebooted the machine, got to the custom lobby, clicked on connect to a game about midway through the server choices, went to connect, and another system lockup. :mad2:

Number 2 has happened the more frequent I've played. Booting the machine is the only way to cure the problem.

pinakas
27th Jan 2007, 15:11
but i have to say ..... shame for eidos for releasing such a buggy demo.
Never seen such problems with a demo, didn't they tried first and then release it?

I would like to buy the game when it comes out, but will all these problems will be fixed on the final version ? Who can guarantee that?

LineHog
27th Jan 2007, 19:47
Hey. I recently downloaded the MP demo for the PC and have tried several times times to play online only for my connection to be lost. I checked my internet connection and even opened the ports described in the ReadMe. However, I still can't get a connection. Can someone help me?

JungleDan
27th Jan 2007, 20:27
I'd like to echo the random lockup on load or game completion. Happens on my 360.

also not sure if this is a bug or not, but it sure is annoying when one of my allies drops and I can't control his carrier/shipyard/etc.

GREAT GAME. I've already played the demo too many hours and already pre-order the full game.

antiSniper07
27th Jan 2007, 20:56
Yes, since last night something changed. An entire new port range is now in effect. 2300 range. Even I can't connect haha :eek:

Edit: Can now connect, just can't host.

ironeagle101
27th Jan 2007, 21:32
Plaform: PC
512MB
256 MB video card, Nvidia Gforce

When I double click my BS:M Demo icon on my desktop, the screen goes white, and loads. then it returns to my desktop and gives the error:

An error has occured in Battlestations Midway Multiplayer Demo, and has to be stopped, we are sorry for the inconvience, with the buttons to sent a report to microsoft, or not to sent one..

(its my best translation from the error from dutch to english, atleast you know what error i mean. ii hope..)

Freebo
28th Jan 2007, 14:37
Platform: PC

Ok, first off the game didnt reconise my Opteron CPU and thought it was 'minimum spec', now if i play the camera is ultra jolty, when trying to use torp bombers the camera jumps from flying behind to a camera on a far away island every half second, now this is the annoing thing, when I tried to take an fraps video it all went perfect.

My rig is a Opty 165 (939) not OC'ed atm, X1800XT not oced atm (updated drivers), DFI SLi-D, 2gb PC4000 G.Skills ram. (dont realy see why any of it will conflict).

Oh and i ran everything on high and it happened, turned everything on low and still happened.

LORD BLACKFIRE
28th Jan 2007, 17:12
This morning (Sunday, 1/28, Central Time), I had more crashes and freezes than ever before. Ships wouldn't launch, setting formations froze the game, people couldn't talk, people got dropped, ships were sliding around, just general all around lagalishous chaos. We played last night and had some problems but could find rooms without lag. Not this AM. This was the 360 version.

Gus17
28th Jan 2007, 19:23
Platform: pc

Im not sure if this is due to lag but my planes started flying underwater and couldnt be controlled:mad2: i do have high speed though

silentsly
29th Jan 2007, 01:18
i cant get on to a sever. for some reason it wont let me create a game or anything

crown
29th Jan 2007, 19:11
I dont know if there whas already a treath about this problem but.
i cant connect if i fill in my account info and try to connect it stops or i'am getting a error that i cant connect.

PLEASE HELP i have never played the game BUT LIKE IT ALREADY !!!

greetz, crown

Monkey Man 27
30th Jan 2007, 03:04
The only real bug I've seen so far is that fighter plans can't perform a succesful dive bomb.
I sent in 6 squadrons of fighters with bombs on a target, all survived the trip over but after they dropped the bombs all but 4 planes failed to pull up in time and plummeted into the ocean.

I suspect you have the fighters and dive bombers going on the same track as they bomb but the fighters go much much faster so they have less time to turn.

Hopefully that will be in a patch if it wasn't mentioned before this in time.

Alpha Wolfgang
30th Jan 2007, 03:14
come to think of it... i noticed a few of my zeros crashing into a carrier when i had them bomb... i kinda thought it was funny, but then realised that they werent kamikazing on purpose, lol, i only seen it happen 3 or 5 times, no biggy for the 360 version so far.

Agrak
31st Jan 2007, 15:04

I downloaded the demo, installed it, yadda yadda. I go into some server, choose the side and click ready. Everyone else is ready, so the game starts. It loads fine but when the red bar in the loading screen is full my PC stops working and reboots automatically. What's going on? I can't get into any games, 'cause it always reboots. Help please...

Stickletodd
31st Jan 2007, 15:34
I have seen this happen several times:

Defending player dive bombers cannot drop bombs on ships at the point when an airfield is destroyed. They can circle and make another run, but if they try to drop at the same time the airfield is destroyed, the bombs remain locked.

imported_Swing_Dangler
1st Feb 2007, 13:56
I went to my first game online in the retail version yesterday.

Everyone in the game experienced lag, which I kind of expected as we can't tell the ping to the server and back but that should be an improvement anyway.

As we all got in game, people started dropping like flies. As soon as I was disconnected (due to lag) the entire Xbox 360 locked up. This should be fixed asap.

Lester Ziggs
1st Feb 2007, 20:33
GT: Lester Ziggs

never mind my bug....turned out my 360 ended up crapping out on me. But thank god for my 2 year extended warranty...got my new one today

WFC_Knight
2nd Feb 2007, 05:27
Here are 2 bugs found in the Full Release version.

1.) Points not being updated in the player rankings page.
Yesterday and current
Currently showing "Overall Multiplayer" 14,141 points
Currently showing "Islands of Solomon" 8,000 points.

I played ALL games on the same map. "Island of Solomon" but the points are not indicated the same. However I won 7 games for a total of 26,433.

Then NONE of the points I gained today were added to the rankings.
I won 2 games today for a total of 7,348 points.

Yes, I have been keeping track of my points.

2.) At the completion of the game, by destroying all objectives.
many people are simply quiting a game, and even after all objectives have been completed and you have to sit through the 360 degree view, the losers disconnect and thus the game alerts "There are not enough players to continue". Also show that the winning team did not achieve victory and Failed it's mission.

Thank you.

ShinRa Inc
2nd Feb 2007, 07:42
My 360 gamesave has randomly disappeared; I had the campaign and challenges beat, and now they're all locked again.

linuxluke
2nd Feb 2007, 16:31
Platform: Xbox360

I have noticed that when there is more than one page of games, you may scroll to view them all but you may only join down to the last game on the first page. If you look at the host name on the right it will not match what is on the left once you have passed the first page. I have confirmed this with another user but I am not sure if this is a widespread issue. I have also experienced a lock-up due to high latency from a connection other than my own. Also, one thing that is not a bug report but is a bit of an annoyance I do not expect to be corrected, often times the host will close the session if a loss is certain in order to prevent anyone from obtaining any points. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please note that these issues will not prevent me from playing what I consider an excellent game.

Morter Forker
2nd Feb 2007, 18:37
Platform: XBOX 360

On the multiplayer mission battle of vella gulf the intro cutscenes mention an ability to control float planes on the map, however once you get into the game you can not control them at all.

GrinchWSLG
2nd Feb 2007, 22:35

Symptons: Random reboots and BSODs. Appears to be caused by or have some affiliation with one p17filt.sys file. Not sure what it does but the game is almost unplayable for me. As it stands, the first mission of the campaign cannot be completed because the game crashes at the end of the last cutscene.

Rig: Windows XP, eVGA Geforce 7900GT KO, AMD FX-60, 1 gig Corsair XMS, ASUS A8N-32 Mobo, 2 WD1600JS 160gb HDDs

EDIT: Turned off EAX and turned on Software sound. Apparently the game doesn't like the Audigy SE drivers.

blong5150
4th Feb 2007, 19:20
Platform PC

In naval academy: Upon completion of map tutorial, system reboots itself about 3 seconds after the screen showing the exterior view of your ship (before actually giving you the certificate)

Rig: Dual Nvidia 6600GT, 2GB Corsair RAM, AMD 3500+

whoopy91
5th Feb 2007, 14:34
Version: PC

1. constant rebooting PC just when the game is loaded(and i see my ship/carrier/shipyard)
2.and in the single player, it crashes even more
this cant by my problem, since I play all toher demanding games (coh, BF2, COD2) without even a bit lag

RIG:
7950GX2 - 2gigs of ram - AMD 4000+ - A8N-SLI Deluxe - PSU: OCZ ModStream OCZ52012U, 520 Watt, Retail - normal cooling, so no extra cooling

It3llig3nc3
5th Feb 2007, 15:00
Platform: PC (Core2Duo E6600, ATI X1900XT, 2GB RAM)
Verision: RETAIL.

1. It has been mentioned many times but the .EXE crashes many times around connecting to servers. I tried to narrow it down when and it turns out (at least my observation) that it mostly happens with the servers with 0 ping (that is typically happens when the server is just being created and not ready to take players) or when it's very high ping and most likely the connection is going to fail again.
My guess is still that the network code is wrong and most probably can not handle properly the situation when the connection (I guess data flow) is not proper between machines.

2. Ship AI is very basic. It does not know how to avoid each other and land. Examples that always fail:
==> Head towards land - start turning around 180 degree when land is close. The AI recognizes that ship would need to go reverse (backwards) but fails to apply proper rudder to manage the turn)
==> Formation control: say you have a destroyer on the left side of the carrier. Now if you re-arrange the formation by moving the destroyer to the right side the AI won't be able to do it as the carrier is going to block the destroyer's movement. AI is too basic and fails to recognize that the destroyer would need to slow down, let the carrier pass and then move to the other side.

3. I noticed this yesterday during an internet play: on the map screen the mouse pointer cross got disappeared suddenly. Everything worked fine so I was able to switch between ships, go out and back to the map screen. Obviously I wasn't able to set waypoints or anything that is strictly mouse (pointer) driven. Quite annoying as I had to leave the game.

4. Single Player Missions: well it might not be a bug but interesting. In mission #5 (the one where the cargo ships has to be destroyed in the port) on Easy level there is no end-sequence to fight off with the japanese cruiser/destroyer. Once the cargo ships are gone the mission is over. On Normal there is a fight-off. Is it intentionally kept THAT simple??? :-)

Frathos
6th Feb 2007, 00:56
Platform: Xbox360

I have noticed that when there is more than one page of games, you may scroll to view them all but you may only join down to the last game on the first page. If you look at the host name on the right it will not match what is on the left once you have passed the first page. I have confirmed this with another user but I am not sure if this is a widespread issue. I have also experienced a lock-up due to high latency from a connection other than my own. Also, one thing that is not a bug report but is a bit of an annoyance I do not expect to be corrected, often times the host will close the session if a loss is certain in order to prevent anyone from obtaining any points. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please note that these issues will not prevent me from playing what I consider an excellent game.

I didn't realize that bug reports were being done in the General section... I was expecting them to be sorted according to platform type... here's what I posted in 360 section (I'll try to delete that thread after finishing here though) that corroborates your finding:

:eek: I managed to confirm one bug last night in the Retail version that I originally observed in Demo:

Multi-player Lobby right side screen information does not properly track left side selections in scroll window when you advance past the last entry (number ten if I remember the count correctly)
This has the side effect that you can't join any lobby that is numbered 11 or higher... you'll simply end up in the lobby of whoever was in the last spot before the left window started scrolling (providing it still has open spots of course)

Tsk Tsk... ****

I had seen this behaviour within 2 days of playing Demo and it only took me four days of playing Retail version before I noted it there as well... would have been sooner if I had played more MP but instead I've been trying all aspects of the game when not playing something else.

:( This shows another sign of inadequate testing if they miss something as simple as that!

bertt
6th Feb 2007, 23:14
platform: xbox 360
version: retail

when I play with friends online, at the end of the game when the host goes back to the lobby screen I get booted. Happened twice last night (2/5/07).

We also experience the problem that anyone in the lobby have selected their slot, and the host decides to change the map, everyone gets booted from the match. Can this be fixed so that everyone just gets unassigned?

Seems the Sub damage from the depth charge planes are a little high, I got killed with one hit.

I too would like to see a change in that you only hear "We're going down" when the ship/plane is yours, not another player on your team.

Molkien
9th Feb 2007, 20:17
If I host a match, when the game ends, everyone is booted. It happens everytime!

a67ssrs
10th Feb 2007, 06:46
Platform: 360
Version: Full Retail
The connection lost message has been appearing more and more often, to the point where yesterday and today I was only able to finish 3 out of about 12 matches I've played in the last couple days. I can play any other game I have without a problem. I have to quit playing this game, regardless of how much I love it. I'm going to start having anger management problems.

doomhunk
10th Feb 2007, 15:53
platfrom 360

Sorry details are slim but in theMP maps when controlling a carrier it says you can have upto 12 planes out but will only let you have 9 and max squadron only 3 also the max squadron of 3 seems to happen alot.

Also when diving for a torp attack with a plane it seems that if you dive very steeply you can travel below the water surface for a while and then come up.

Dyn
11th Feb 2007, 23:49
also for PC Version!!! ****

Sorry details are slim but in theMP maps when controlling a carrier it says you can have upto 12 planes out but will only let you have 9 and max squadron only 3 also the max squadron of 3 seems to happen alot.

ShinRa Inc
13th Feb 2007, 01:24
Anyone else noticed that the retard AI tends to get the PT boats stuck next to the freighter after they spawn from the second boatyard?

menace2
13th Feb 2007, 06:30
maybe mine are coming from the first yard.... my pt boats didnt have trouble earlier today...... and no shinra, im not stalking you :D

Yammazul
13th Feb 2007, 15:15
When I go to the Naval academy mission select screen, for some reason AS SOON as I press the Y button my Xbox 360 freezes up, happens everytime I have tried, weird thing is Y doesnt perform a function on that menu but it cause the game to freeze none the less.

ipitythefool
15th Feb 2007, 05:07
In Suriago Straight, I've accidentally driven PT boats STRAIGHT THROUGH the island twice.

menace2
15th Feb 2007, 05:45
lol iptf... sounds like my destroyer with wheels post on NF forums

Raynmaykr
16th Feb 2007, 16:49
Hey Eidos, great title! I review games for a couple of podcasts and, deservedly so, have given BS:M a glowing recommendation. There are a couple of things that I think need urgent attention in your next patch for the XBOX 360... and a few slight annoyances that could also stand a good patching.

(1) This game does indeed crash a lot. It tends to happen, for me, during the load screens.. headed INTO a multiplayer map (once the host launches) or heading OUT of a match (before the newpaper headline pops up.) I have on a couple of occasions locked up during a multiplayer match, but not often.

(2) And this might be a little too radical for a patch to fix, but would there be any way that say, if the host loses their units and decides to quit, that hosting duties could be autmatically transferred to another player? just a thought...

(3) On the screen where you select a CUSTOM GAME to play in, the name of the game on the left column isnt always the game you end up connecteing to. It APPEARS that when you scroll past the last name on the bottom to reveal more games, it gets screwy. For instance, say I want to find a 4 player game, and only see 8 player games in the initial list on the left. I scroll down, past what I can initially see, and find a 2/4 game hosted by LETSROCK92. I select that game and connect to something totally different. Even on the right, when I highlight the game it gives me the title of a totally different host. So wierd. Try it. It happens every time for me and for everyone I've asked too.

(4) AI Formations: This one's a little tough to really explain, but I'll try. It seems like when you try to form up your boats, the AI only gets into formation about 1 out of 3 times. boats end up riding well out of the area you ask them to. And they do some pretty radical maneuvers in a vain attempt to join the formation too. They aren't taking forward motion into account or something.

Please don't take me for a complainer. I love this game, and it's all I am playing right now. I bought it on launch day, after searching all over the place for a store with a copy. I hope you guys are planning on some add on content, because I can't wait!

Thanks again for a GREAT game. Fell free to contact me if you have any questions about the stuff I've listed.

Raynmaykr

Gatorau
17th Feb 2007, 03:34
We've been looking forward immensely to this game but we are disappointed that it seems unable to operate, even on the lowest video settings, without either crashing to desktop and entirely rebooting the machine or giving a BSOD.

Computer Specs:

2.60 MHz Pentium 4 computer
Radeon 9600XT 256Mb video card that the game recognises as "minimum requirement"
1.2 Gb RAM
65Gb free disk space

Out of all that I can't see why the game won't run correctly. I see that others are having CTD issues and wonder if there is a resolution in the pipeline. The game looks great but it's not acceptable to pay 90 dollars for a game that will barely get past the first frame.

vtech716
19th Feb 2007, 11:41
I have a Athlon 64x2 5000+, 2GB Ram, Radeon x1950 pci-x...but I don't meet the minimum requirements!

Also I seem to freeze when I try to join an air superiority game..almost everytime.

SuperFly71
19th Feb 2007, 21:38
Multi platform

Design bug:

Returning planes to their bases does not make a lot of sense - better to ditch/kamikaze them.

Please fix with a timer or some sort of benefit for the returning player.

LORD BLACKFIRE
20th Feb 2007, 05:45
on the 360:

1.) Freezing/Connection drops is killing this game for me. I've been on Live since day 1 launch in 2002 and I haven't been this frustrated since the original Ghost Recon before the 1st patch.

2.) Please do something about hosts quitting to avoid losses and keeping players from seeing their scores. Host migration would really help here. Also being able to see your score in game would be good too.

3.) Lag issues are very bad. Let us have a PING/connection rating meter.

4.) Let us know who is talking in the lobby and in game (if possible)

Siric
22nd Feb 2007, 16:35
Platform: pc
Version: Full

When i try to join a LAN Game Battlestations crashes.
This never happened in the demo.

Lacsap001
22nd Feb 2007, 17:17
I bought this game last week and put some real time in it, a bit too much actually :)

So I completed the Acadamy, Plane, Ship and Submarine challenges and was 4 mission away from the end of the campaign.

After completing the 5th mission before the end, I turned off my xbox normally.

A few hours later I realise that I wanna do it again, so I turned on my xbox, I place the game in the drive and start the game. Then I load my savegame. And went to the campaign screen. Only to find out that everything is locked again except the first mission of course. So I check the challenges same story all locked except the first one. No more award. Everything was gone. All I got left are the achievements

I dont know what happend but the savegame wont load anymore.:(

Nektar
22nd Feb 2007, 21:19
I love this game I really do. It is one of the most unique games I have ever played. But I am about to throw my xbox through the window because of the game freezing up evertime I play. No Im not talking about the demo I am talking about the actual game. I will be in the middle of a huge battle when all of a sudden "Freeeeze". I am about to stop playing this game altogether. I dont want to but whats the point if I know I wont be able to finish a game. Please fix this problem, I want to play this game again.:mad2:

dacksis
23rd Feb 2007, 00:03
Over the last two days i have tried to complete mission 4 (on 360) - destroy the battleship. But on 5 different occasions now the game has froze around the 40 minute mark. I cant play any further missions and it continues to freeze the 360. I have to turn the box on and off to start again. Very frustrating.

Went back and hit it with everything and finished n 20 +minutes. Problem only seems to appear if you fool around and take 40+ minutes

Dacksis:

Crossroads
27th Feb 2007, 18:57
On Xbox 360 last night the lag was so riduiculous after trying two sessions of Islands of Solomon neither game finished, the units were uncontrolable, I just gave up. Most games automatically disconnect anyone with an average high ping rate. The lockups are annoying but not that frequent but something must be done about this RIDICULOUS LAG:mad2: . No other XBOX game I have ever played has had more crashes and more lag.
I love this game but nights like last night wish I had nvever bought it.

Beastttt
28th Feb 2007, 04:51
Uss Pheonix was a brooklyn class CL
not an atlanta class CLAA
Pheonix later was sold to Argentina and renamed Gen.Belgrano and was sunk by the brits during the falklands war
yeah I know it is nitpicking but they said realistic

Gatorau
28th Feb 2007, 08:28
That's not nitpicking. I think that's an interesting detail. :)

Asterothe
2nd Mar 2007, 11:25
Leaderboard scores disappearing and only overall one coming back after playing a game on 360.

Snypes
2nd Mar 2007, 17:26
Eidos, as always you come out with great games... but here's the bugs that I've seen in the last two days after buying.

This one is odd. Not sure if it's a bug or conflict. But everytime I load the game, it changes my power settings. I have my monitor set to turn off, if idol, for a certain time, but when I start the game, it changes it back to never and also stops my screen saver from working. But if I check my properties, it still shows it's set,but I have to re-apply it, or it won't work. :scratch:

A few people mentioned this, (muiltiplayer) game freezes when a host leaves, end of a map, and when joining a map if it gets full - if you click on it a hair too late. (All of this is occasional. Probably 1 out of 3 or 4 games.)

The max planes from the carriers. I know this one, too, was mentioned. On the US side, it says max load of 12, and you can on max 9 with a total of 3 planes per squadron. In single player you get four hangers in the carrier, but only three hangers in mulitplayer.

So far that's all I've seen. Can't wait for a future patch, cause I'm in love with this game!

Jammy74
4th Mar 2007, 00:51
Platform: Xbox 360

I've been playing the game with no problems at all for the last couple of weeks. Then two days ago it starts locking up about 6 minutes or so after I start playing. Doesn't matter which mission I pick, after a while the screen freezes, the sound stops, and the only thing I can do is switch my console off.

Very annoying and other people seem to be getting the same problem. Can an update fix this?

gtwcmt.co.uk
4th Mar 2007, 02:40
As a systems designer for gamers I find no issue with our budget systems running the game in any part. The game has crashed a few time but there is a Quality issue with the DVD disc.
On starting the game from the desktop icon, the games 'please insert orginal disc' which is in the machine and not removed.:mad2: the disc has to be removed and wiped and turned then put back in.

We have found this issue is with dic production on cheap DVD where heat was a factor when writing the discs.

The crashing of the game reports a fault. we have sent these to Microsoft.
Faulting application battlestationsmidway.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x00020dd0.:whistle: AND
Hanging application Battlestationsmidway.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
AND
This also produces this error Fault bucket 389466086.

I think that this should give you enought information to resolve the issue.

A design fault with giving aircraft to other players.
the fault is that, when the item returns of lands, the aircraft sits on the flight deck and stops the carrier from working. the player who was given the plane has no control over the plane once its landed.

Perhaps a relase items given in maps view will give the planes back so that they can be reloaded with ammo/shells.
Currently to resolve the issue, another player or owner has to shoot the planes to allow the carrier to function.

:scratch: Server listing, there dosent seam to be a way to refresh the list, it will sometime but the whole section would be better off being reworked to show more detail and more games in play/waiting etc.
I think that one of the main issues is users holding up the game and demo users mixing with full game owners who hold up the game.:mad2:

:eek: I fail to see where the facts are that the sales speal match? On the game box as well as the web site it states, upto 100 'unit' there is NO WAY that there can be 100 players or 'units' in a single game (or is this for LAN only?) Obiously we cant tell if you are selling misleading games, but from what I have seen there is a case there.:rasp:

To clear up the point::cool:
8 players Max.
2 Ships/carriers each.
9 planes per carrier

The most I can see is 36 units on any game not 100 as stated.:nut:

The game is short, it look as most of the time was spent making the bink video on the game as the total lenght of the game play must be equal to the video. You can only play US as well in the main game??
The game is short lived and took very little time to complete, the online game is a bit of a let down due to the box which states up to 100 players, well that just dosent happen.

The game can have a summation of "shoot the bow" its not hard, multi player is a bit of a let down due to the limit of players and units.
there are a few bugs that need to looked into. Too ,uch video not enought game play.

We would like to see a map editor and a patch made for the regular faults.
Good game and good fault level for releace material.

SCORING
6/10 score
Fails on missleading information
Obiouse game design faults
Layout on Multiplayer
AI issues
Poor Dynamics
Good graphics,
Nice smooth game
Easy to play and control
Worth buying.

Our test system
We tested this game on our budget range system the GTVSR2 (http://www.gtwcmt.co.uk/gaming-computers/index.php) and around two years old but the system was designed for gaming and practicality as well as low cost for general users.

The system is SLI it was only running a 6600GT GPU
MSI Platium NF4 SLI motherboard.
Tagan 600 Watt PSU
AMD X2 4600 (2.9Ghz)
500Gig SATA2 HDD's (2x 260)
Windows XP 64 Pro (server 2003)
2 Gigabyte DDR466 RAM

No load time issues, no lag , no problems other than the game crashes.

gtwcmt.co.uk
4th Mar 2007, 03:38
and other thing...

The multi player lobby, uses around 60% of the processor, why is this? I think its not needed and just creates alot of heat thats may break some systems.
think about that video that you cant reall see in the background, do you really need it?

buchanan17
5th Mar 2007, 14:34
Once a new scenario loads and it says "hit any key" - I have to exit to windows and back again to be able to do this!!

CPT-DK
11th Mar 2007, 12:48
PC full game.

Have one computer (one year old) vith NVidia card, 1GB ram, when playing computer restarts suddently. Cant play internet or LAN games, when trying to refresh servers the game crashes to windows.

Other computer (two years old) same proplems on ATI card. 1GB ram

3th computer (3 months) dual core 2.8 (E6600), NVidia GeForce 6600 GT, 2GB ram
Cant play internet or LAN games, game crashes to windows

All computer run XP SP2, all driver have been updated to newest version.

bb26
13th Mar 2007, 05:13
I just bought this game a couple hours ago and started playing the single player. Every time i get to the cinematic of the sub spotting the ship in pearl harbor the game immediately crashes and the computer reboots itself right after the cinematic ends. I've tried a lot of things from installing my latest ATI driver to changing the settings to lowest specs. I've spent 2 hours trying to fix the problem and would like some help please. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

PS: My computer is pretty decent and SHOULD run it on highest specs. I'm using an ATI Radeon x1600 pro, 2 gigs of RAM and a decent CPU.

Thanks

countrytom
14th Mar 2007, 01:19
Lord Blackfire sums it up perfectly for XBOX

I'd like to emphasize his first point. I played in about 8 online games today and only finished 2 of them. I'm about to hang up the title until the patch which I don't want to do. The game is spectacular.

The only thing I'd add: can we launch planes while waiting on the returning planes to land? It can take some time.

on the 360:

1.) Freezing/Connection drops is killing this game for me. I've been on Live since day 1 launch in 2002 and I haven't been this frustrated since the original Ghost Recon before the 1st patch.

2.) Please do something about hosts quitting to avoid losses and keeping players from seeing their scores. Host migration would really help here. Also being able to see your score in game would be good too.

3.) Lag issues are very bad. Let us have a PING/connection rating meter.

4.) Let us know who is talking in the lobby and in game (if possible)

Armistead
15th Mar 2007, 18:37
constant microsoft errors. doesn't happen on any other game i play. i'm to the point not even worth playing...good game, but not worth the headache.

Amd 64x2 duel at 3800
8g of corsair ram
duel 7800's
xp pro
all drivers updated.

LORD BLACKFIRE
17th Mar 2007, 01:38
On the 360:

1. I get dropped out of a lot of Coral Sea multiplayer map games near the end when most ships are already gone. I can only guess that it MIGHT have something to do with people other than the host (I know the host) quitting and then the game not being able to handle the synchronization.

2. Several people I know as well as myself have experienced "dirty disk" errors, usually as a game is loading a multiplayer map.

LORD BLACKFIRE
17th Mar 2007, 22:50
Just wanted to b!t@h about getting dropped out of more Coral Sea games on DIFFERENT servers STILL NEAR THE END of the game when most ships have been destoryed and were starting to encircle the remaining Jap carriers near the bottom right corner of the map. This also happened on Solomons today as well near the end. The ships were circling around the airfield island to hit the last remaining airfield and then DROP! Grrrr . . . I'm getting ready to put this game up until a patch comes out.

countrytom
18th Mar 2007, 09:36
To the Eidos moderator... any word on an Xbox patch? I keep playing MP only to have the following happen 8 of 10 times.

-Most often: Lost connection
-often: host quits
-sometimes: game freezes

Please let us know what's going on. The game truly is spectacular outside of the major connectivity issues.

LORD BLACKFIRE
19th Mar 2007, 03:20
To the Eidos moderator... any word on an Xbox patch? I keep playing MP only to have the following happen 8 of 10 times.

-Most often: Lost connection
-often: host quits
-sometimes: game freezes

Please let us know what's going on. The game truly is spectacular outside of the major connectivity issues.

Same for me but there's another connectivity issue: not being able to shoot or control ship or plane. Sometimes I can't even change weapons or select a target with the A button. Today I was bringing my sub near an aircraft carrier on the surface while I watched his planes on the map move away from my sub. I thought "that's weird but whatever". The next thing I knew bombs were falling on my sub. I managed to dive but then I was killed by a depth charge that wasn't even on the map two seconds earlier. The lag obviously kept my end of the game from alerting me to immediate dangers.

LORD BLACKFIRE
19th Mar 2007, 03:24
One more thing: the leaderboards haven't been accurately updated in weeks. What gives? My score on player match "Coral Sea" hasn't changed since shortly after the game shipped. However, my rank has fallen so some people are getting their scores recorded. One of my friends says when he checks the leaderboard my score is higher that what it says for me but I'm not convinced yet he and I are talkinga about the same section/map of the leaderboards. He thinks we are and that I just can't see the updated scores for some reason. Others say they are having the same issue.

atvman29
21st Mar 2007, 04:13
just one glitch ive found.....there's no single player skirmish mode! :mad2:

smane114
22nd Mar 2007, 01:52
hence the title! anyway i host a game right? when i'm in a battle i check to see whos online and BAM! 7 people leave its like somehow the dashboard intervired with the game and the server got screwed and dumped 7 people at the same time i think the dashboard and the server coding had to do with this (sorry for long page):mad2: :eek: :(

Edit: Oh! and this was after the update

link43
26th Mar 2007, 11:41
hello when i go into training mode (navel) when i get to the map section it tells me to press back to open maps no matter how many times you press back the map screen will not open. xbox360:mad2:

Armistead
30th Mar 2007, 16:20
As a systems designer for gamers I find no issue with our budget systems running the game in any part. The game has crashed a few time but there is a Quality issue with the DVD disc.
On starting the game from the desktop icon, the games 'please insert orginal disc' which is in the machine and not removed.:mad2: the disc has to be removed and wiped and turned then put back in.

We have found this issue is with dic production on cheap DVD where heat was a factor when writing the discs.

The crashing of the game reports a fault. we have sent these to Microsoft.
Faulting application battlestationsmidway.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x00020dd0.:whistle: AND
Hanging application Battlestationsmidway.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
AND
This also produces this error Fault bucket 389466086.

I think that this should give you enought information to resolve the issue.

A design fault with giving aircraft to other players.
the fault is that, when the item returns of lands, the aircraft sits on the flight deck and stops the carrier from working. the player who was given the plane has no control over the plane once its landed.

Perhaps a relase items given in maps view will give the planes back so that they can be reloaded with ammo/shells.
Currently to resolve the issue, another player or owner has to shoot the planes to allow the carrier to function.

:scratch: Server listing, there dosent seam to be a way to refresh the list, it will sometime but the whole section would be better off being reworked to show more detail and more games in play/waiting etc.
I think that one of the main issues is users holding up the game and demo users mixing with full game owners who hold up the game.:mad2:

:eek: I fail to see where the facts are that the sales speal match? On the game box as well as the web site it states, upto 100 'unit' there is NO WAY that there can be 100 players or 'units' in a single game (or is this for LAN only?) Obiously we cant tell if you are selling misleading games, but from what I have seen there is a case there.:rasp:

To clear up the point::cool:
8 players Max.
2 Ships/carriers each.
9 planes per carrier

The most I can see is 36 units on any game not 100 as stated.:nut:

The game is short, it look as most of the time was spent making the bink video on the game as the total lenght of the game play must be equal to the video. You can only play US as well in the main game??
The game is short lived and took very little time to complete, the online game is a bit of a let down due to the box which states up to 100 players, well that just dosent happen.

The game can have a summation of "shoot the bow" its not hard, multi player is a bit of a let down due to the limit of players and units.
there are a few bugs that need to looked into. Too ,uch video not enought game play.

We would like to see a map editor and a patch made for the regular faults.
Good game and good fault level for releace material.

SCORING
6/10 score
Fails on missleading information
Obiouse game design faults
Layout on Multiplayer
AI issues
Poor Dynamics
Good graphics,
Nice smooth game
Easy to play and control
Worth buying.

Our test system
We tested this game on our budget range system the GTVSR2 (http://www.gtwcmt.co.uk/gaming-computers/index.php) and around two years old but the system was designed for gaming and practicality as well as low cost for general users.

The system is SLI it was only running a 6600GT GPU
MSI Platium NF4 SLI motherboard.
Tagan 600 Watt PSU
AMD X2 4600 (2.9Ghz)
500Gig SATA2 HDD's (2x 260)
Windows XP 64 Pro (server 2003)
2 Gigabyte DDR466 RAM

No load time issues, no lag , no problems other than the game crashes.

The fault you report, does it come up as a microsoft error. I continually get microsoft errors, about 70% of the time. When I mention this to other players online, many say they get the same error. I can hardly play a full game without a microsoft error and it seems many are having this problem. Overall,
this ruins my game play. I have tried every fix to know avail with what info I can get.

Thedivingmongoose
30th Mar 2007, 23:29
The fault you report, does it come up as a microsoft error. I continually get microsoft errors, about 70% of the time. When I mention this to other players online, many say they get the same error. I can hardly play a full game without a microsoft error and it seems many are having this problem. Overall,
this ruins my game play. I have tried every fix to know avail with what info I can get.

I get this problem alot. It is a fault (like many said) with the .exe file (i think). They are trying to piece together a patch so lets hope the do that and fix this anoying bug.:thumbsup:

Armistead
1st Apr 2007, 17:31
DP, but thought put it here too....

I guess everybody gets plenty of microsoft errors like I do, but I get them
70% of time. Someone said I should use the repair option...Well, I did, now the game constantly locks up,,,screen freezes about every game..a problem I didn't have before. Gues now I will have to do a complete delete and reinstall
losing my campaign...not that I mind now that I've played it to death, but it will suck, because I just like doing certain missions over and would have to do the whole damn thing again...

game coding or something is a mess

bankroot
2nd Apr 2007, 06:58
big bug from EIDOS unfortunately:

did somebody notice that Nachi IS NOT Nachi ???
Nachi had 10 8" guns in 5 turrets (2 on bow), so what CA is in this scenario ???
Answer: Tone or Chikuma !!!!!!:eek:

cowboy1
7th Apr 2007, 04:11
Hey all,
Is it possible to get a fix for when you get kicked due to internet connection drops, so we can rejoin the game we were playing when we got dropped?:mad2:
I know this request is a shot in the dark but what the heck at least i shot! hehe
(AAAJIM)Cowboy

Armistead
7th Apr 2007, 06:56
Hey all,
Is it possible to get a fix for when you get kicked due to internet connection drops, so we can rejoin the game we were playing when we got dropped?:mad2:
I know this request is a shot in the dark but what the heck at least i shot! hehe
(AAAJIM)Cowboy

That would be nice....nothing worse than getting dropped and can't get back in.

ArnieDasmoke
8th Apr 2007, 10:41
For those of you who are finding it crashes and reboots during the first mission, try setting your sound settings to Software in the Game Setup or updating your soundcard drivers.

I had this issue even after updating everything I could think of, then I tried it with software sound enabled and it works fine, realised I had not updated the soundcard aswell. I update my realtek and now I don't need to use software sound, but if you can't get an update for your card at least you can try software setting instead.

Then sit back and Enjoy the game, I'm loving it now, but darn that was annoying finding that.

Armistead
9th Apr 2007, 19:27
For those of you who are finding it crashes and reboots during the first mission, try setting your sound settings to Software in the Game Setup or updating your soundcard drivers.

I had this issue even after updating everything I could think of, then I tried it with software sound enabled and it works fine, realised I had not updated the soundcard aswell. I update my realtek and now I don't need to use software sound, but if you can't get an update for your card at least you can try software setting instead.

Then sit back and Enjoy the game, I'm loving it now, but darn that was annoying finding that.

Didn't work for me....never had a problem losing connection until now. 5 games in a row today and the same for the several guys I play with. This game is worthless, until they address this problem.

SonderKommando
10th Apr 2007, 00:24
some times im playing the game and then it crashes to that screen where it says BSM has encounterd a problem so and so

Utah
11th Apr 2007, 18:45
Bug with the single player 'Pelawan Passage' scenero

OK...finished this as a Rookie and no problem.... then 8 times as Regular I get through with both Secantery objectives finish, but now the game will not trigger the message about the DD you have to fight at the end.... This mission cannot be completed...

What is up with this? If it was a timer you would think it would say "failed -time ran out", but it just leaves me hanging when I play the missions and destroy the two secantery targets

Anyone else have this issue? I have the PC version and 1.1 patch

»¤βĿǻÐɤ«
15th Apr 2007, 00:34
:mad2: ok...joined the forums just to post this problem with the demo.... ive seen it been posted before without any response. but plz help me out on this one

i was able to succesfully install the demo. and run it.... until it asked for registration. i had a gamespy account which i used. when i clicked :login selected" the first time, it said my e-mail adress had expired. i then tried it a second time, now it says "unable to connect" after trying for like 5 minutes. plz plz plz help me out here :mad2:

bankroot
22nd Apr 2007, 18:49
I am very, very disappointed as for historical part of the game :eek:
I wrote several days ago about big mistake in this scenario, where Nachi cruiser looks like Tone or Mikuma :mad2:

I found a couple of minutes to play this scenario and what I am seeing ?
After sinking DeRuyter and two destroyers, another cruiser and two DD are coming. I am reading on the map: Perth is coming, but what I can see in my binoculars: Atlanta type !!!!!!:nut:
OK, I am destroying "Perth" (Atlanta or Juneau maybe :D ) and two DD's.
Who next ?
Java is coming ! Lokking in my binoculars, and another Atlanta is coming :eek:

For me this is ridiculous and not serious!
Frankly speaking, I think (sorry), that people who made this game didn't read too many books about World War II on Pacific :mad2:

I hope that Houston won't be another anti aircraft cruiser ****

shame gentleman, big shame

sorry for my English

chip5541
23rd Apr 2007, 09:06
Blade, please check under the PC section for routers. Also try using the search function for unable to connect. there are several threads that may help you.

Maurolic
23rd Apr 2007, 12:20
360 Xbox version.

The ship model are awesome, but the Yamato have the main turret wrong.
The base is too big respect the turret.

The Zuikaku and Shokaku carrier are a different class and are bigger then Hiryu and Soryu.

bankroot
23rd Apr 2007, 17:12
The Zuikaku and Shokaku carrier are a different class and are bigger then Hiryu and Soryu.

Nachi looks like Tone or Chikuma.
Perth looks like Atlanta type aircraft cruiser.
Java looks like other Atlanta.
Zuikaku looks like Hiryu or Soryu, Shokaku looks the same.

Don't you think this is enough for quick patch Eidos ???

For many gamers it does not matter how should look like every ship (they are not interested in historical subjest of this game), but I am very, very disappointed.
I wonder how many this kind of bugs I will find in the future (unforunately I have no time for gaming)?

bankroot
24th Apr 2007, 18:22
seems to me there is no sense to write here anything (nobody read it.

Next historical bug:

look on Yamato weapons in Features War Machine on the Home Page.
:lol:

the same for Akagi :lol:

for resuming: I am pretty sure (and can bet with everybody) that I will be able to find more than 100 historical bugs on this game (I mean ships misconception, bad data, etc).

It is a pitty, that huge work of programmers was destroyed (for me) by somebody who was responsible for historical consistency.
I have not seen any consultant in Eidos team

sabbath420
11th May 2007, 18:11
I am new here and have searched for a topic on the new multiplayer map for download. Has edios fixed the problem it has with freezing on hd tv's? I have heared people saying to change my hd settings to 720p but that does not work for me. I payed good money for this download and have not been able to play it once yet. I want my money back.

CCPD
12th May 2007, 20:44
I am new here and have searched for a topic on the new multiplayer map for download. Has edios fixed the problem it has with freezing on hd tv's? I have heared people saying to change my hd settings to 720p but that does not work for me. I payed good money for this download and have not been able to play it once yet. I want my money back.

Most of us have the same problem.. Welcome to the club! Check the postings in the 360 Patch topic for more details, but it doesn't look like Eidos is going to issue a patch to fix the problems.

VTROOPER
20th May 2007, 17:37
A Ship I Cept Shelling Didont Sink And Its Fare End Was In The Whater . Also My Xbox Live Games Sometimes Fres For A Second And Also My Wepons Dont Fier

Dragon52225
23rd May 2007, 21:04
I bought Battestations: Midway on steam for $39.95 and whenever I join it says I need a CD, is there anything I can do besides uninstalling it and wasting that money?

chip5541
24th May 2007, 04:33
Did you install the patch? If so then that would be your issue. STEAM patches automaticly. You should be able to redownload the game from steam if this was the error.

Dragon52225
30th May 2007, 02:55
So should I let STEAM auto update it or should I manually download it from the downloads tab on the eidos home page?

ydna
21st Jun 2007, 11:21
I am unable to steer any submarines ,planes &ships steer well . niether logitech 3-d or keyboard gets a responce .
I have uninstaled and reinstaled .I cant do sub challenge or complete game because of this . any help would be apreciated .

Marshal Murat
29th Jun 2007, 15:40
PC Model
Nvidia geforce go 7400
2GB RAM

I installed it, and the problems began. I tried to play it after I installed it. It said a file was corrupted, and I needed to reinstall the application. I tried to do so. However, the game freezes when I attempt to reinstall or remove the game.

When playing the game itself, it stops on the 1st mission. I'm on the loading screen, and it says I need the CD, which is in the player...:mad2:

Me8722
5th Jul 2007, 16:00
Battle Stations won't even start up on my pc ever time i try to start it it gives me this "the instruction at "0x0092369" referenced memory at "0x00000004" the memory could not be read"
anyone know what that means?

MaddogSeabee
8th Jul 2007, 19:46
I downloaded the PC demo and it wouldnt start,,Gamespy.I downloaded Gamespy and it loaded the game.Now I notice there is no single player in the demo(unless i missed something).So now Im downloading the full version($30).When i tried this before,it got stuck installing,asking me to download Movies.WTF??
Anyhow,am I correct in assuming the full version has single player so I can learn the game?
As for the patches,,should i immediately install patches to the full version before playing??Does the patches do anything for the demo???I can see this is not a plug n play kinda game.ANy advice would be appreciated.

VTROOPER
8th Jul 2007, 22:32
thats not a bug you just need comcast and you can get power bust.

Bismarck1990
3rd Oct 2007, 09:04
Only bug's I've noticed are when the ships sometimes jump across the map cos of lag. Gets aggrivating when ur aiming. Also on Solomon sometimes the weapon ready indicator dots don't appear and guns wont fire at all. Other times they stay yellow for ages as if the turrets're turning

M0n3y
3rd Oct 2007, 11:01
i didn't notice any bugs/cheats(yet)
only i have this with lag : Guns won't fire ; ship turning and won't turn back ; planes flying trough water and mountains without me toughing any buttons ; when planes get out of their hangar they just "ride" straight on through buildings and blocks...

crazyhorse128
3rd Oct 2007, 15:16
most these problems can be traced back to latency issues, lag

the only dodgy thing ive noticed is often if move around my main guns then become say the AA then the main guns move back to the 12o'clock position and then quixkly rotate back to the 3o'clock position and this goes on for a while unless i re-select my main guns

Arrow
13th Nov 2007, 23:33
Am I the only one who, in the submarine tutorial, can't raise his periscope when the training dude tells me to? I've tried remapping the control to anything - from the mouse to the joystick to the keyboard - and nothing raises it. It works fine in single and multiplayer though...

...so I'm inclined to think that during the training scenario Eidos accidentally disabled use of the periscope at the wrong time...correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's an Alderson loop? =P

Anyway, the only way to get out from it at that point is simply quitting. It's no big deal for me since sub controls are easy to learn, but it's still kinda annoying me for some reason.

Pollito
21st Dec 2007, 05:06
Yesterday i was playing in solomon islands in xbox360 as japan and a usa player took out 6 battleships from 1 shipyard, yes 6 battleships, and later he took like 8 battleships from 1 shipyard and 4 destroyers from the other. thats rare.

Bug or Cheat?

VTROOPER
21st Dec 2007, 11:09
its a cheat

Arrow
21st Dec 2007, 18:24
Give his name to the admins and see if they ban him

nastyny
2nd Feb 2008, 18:44
PC Version
Logitech Wingman Attack Joystick

Great game, and I've had almost no problems getting the joystick to work except... When I use it to look, it still changes the planes direction, although at a much reduced rate.

For example, I'm flying level. I hold down the look button, and pull my view around to 5 o'clock high. The camera slews and I see 5 o'clock high, but the plane begins to slowly respond to the joystick.

I let go of the joystick, then the look button, and the camera returns to forward view. But now I'm in a 20 degree bank right. If my throttle is mid to low, I'm usually pointing *down* which is very very bad. :eek:

If I stay in Look mode, I can feel the plane slowly turning to point at where I'm looking. If I use the mouse to look, it works perfectly and the plane is unaffected, but obviously I don't want to take my hands off the joystick and keyboard...